Board logo

標題: China NFL Jerseys [打印本頁]

作者: Emjfwoc5    時間: 2018-5-21 20:35     標題: China NFL Jerseys

Borland, a history major at Wisconsin, said he was moved to his decision by several other factors, including reading about the discovery of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in the brains of deceased stars such as Super Bowl champions Dave Duerson and Mike Webster and lesser-known players such as Ray Easterling. All went on to suffer from depression. Duerson and Easterling committed suicide, and Webster became homeless and died of a heart attack at 50.
By all accounts, Chris Borland of the San Francisco 49ers was on the cusp of professional stardom. An All-American at Wisconsin, he was expected to be a starting linebacker for the 49ers next season, earning $2.9 million over his first four years. When he announced this week that he is retiring from football at the age of only 24, he stunned fans and followers of the game. But he should be commended for his reasons: He is troubled by evidence of brain damage from repetitive head trauma in the sport he loves. His move should prompt renewed debate about safety in the NFL,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, one of the nation's most visible and powerful brands.
The Boston Globe,Wholesale Jerseys Online, March 20, 2015
?
There is increasing evidence that other players are thinking about getting out before it's too late. Last season, receiver Sidney Rice retired from the Seattle Seahawks after seven seasons and at least eight concussions. He is donating his brain to research. But he already had his Super Bowl ring, and,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, hopefully, money in the bank.
Borland told ESPN that he was haunted by a blow last summer in training camp. It felt like a concussion, but he kept playing, in an effort to make the team. "I just thought to myself, 'What am I doing,' " Borland said. "Is this how I'm going to live my adult life,Wholesale Jerseys From China, banging my head, especially with what I've learned and knew about the dangers?"
Borland was just getting started. By being the most prominent healthy NFL player yet to place long-term health ahead of short-term lucrative stardom at one of the league's most storied franchises, he became an instant role model for youth and parents in a nation increasingly discomfited by football. To be sure, the chance for fame and fortune will still lure thousands of boys into the sport, and many will survive its brutality with their health intact. But Borland has established a new benchmark and has sent a welcome message that there is nothing wrong with stepping off the gridiron.
Initial reaction from most players was respectful, but the NFL again fumbled. The league responded to Borland's retirement by claiming, "By any measure, football has never been safer." It said the number of concussions was down 25 percent last season because of rule changes,China NFL Jerseys, safer tackling techniques,NFL Jerseys Outlet, and medical protocols. In reality, the league has no proof of safety; researchers fear that the hundreds or thousands of subconcussive hits a player takes over his career may play a larger role in brain damage.
?

歡迎光臨 香港BS咭討論區 (http://bschkfc.freebbs.tw/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0