Board logo

標題: Air Max 97 For Sale Cheap Myrtle Peters [打印本頁]

作者: Fpblbt17    時間: 2018-2-17 09:53     標題: Air Max 97 For Sale Cheap Myrtle Peters

By: Kiana WilburgBefore she was even a teen,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China, Latoya Andrea Roberts always knew that whatever career path she was going to take, it must lead her to achieving a most profound life goal—making a difference in the world.However, coming from a poor background, the realization of this dream seemed in her younger days, a mere illusion.With much perseverance and an unquestionable faith in the Supreme Being, Roberts today stands overjoyed as she recently emerged as the top graduating Guyanese law student from the Hugh Wooding Law School.The 29-year-old admits that while law is an enormous undertaking, given the commitment needed, there is no other job she would rather do. For her, it is a blessing to be able to embrace such an extraordinary calling.In her interview with this publication, Roberts spoke candidly about her journey to “living the dream” in her homeland.“COUNTRY GIRL” ?Roberts grew up with her mother, Myrtle Peters, in Vreed-en-Rust, West Bank Demerara.Guyana’s best graduating student from the Hugh Wooding Law School,Nike Air Max 1 Mens Trainers, Latoya RobertsShe shared that her mother was a single parent who did mostly farming and basket weaving to support three children.“I was a country girl. And life in my village was very different to what took place in town. I helped my mother a lot with farming, the funds from which she used to take care of me, my brother and my sister. In that village,Authentic Jerseys Cheap, I attended Sandhills Nursery and Sandhills Primary School. I remember that most times, we went to school barefoot and held our books in our hand or in a plastic bag. We used a boat for most of our travels. But regardless of the struggles, my mother always insisted that an education is the key to improving our future. She wanted us to have a better life than she did. She pushed us and I am grateful for that,” expressed Roberts.With the support and blessings of her mother, Roberts said that she was sent to live in the city with her relatives to further her education.When she came to Georgetown, she wrote the Common Entrance Examinations and obtained a place at North Georgetown Secondary School. But Roberts was heartbroken by the results.? She had her sights set on President’s College.The determined young woman said, “I really wanted President’s college. My sister went there before me and so I was disappointed when I did not make it there. However, I made the best of it. During my school years there, I had a serious interest in business related subjects. And in 2004, I graduated as the best graduating student from North Georgetown Secondary with nine subjects.”FOR THE LOVE OF LAWIt just so happened that Roberts was able to fulfill one of her childhood dreams as she became a sixth form student at President’s College.“I was happy about being able to attend President’s College and it was a fulfilling experience…So after CXC, I was not too sure as to what subject I would choose to lead my career path. I thought perhaps business would be great but I still was not that sure about it. Eventually, I spoke with my mentor, Derill Gittens and based on his knowledge of the type of person I am, he suggested that I do law,” Roberts expressed.She added, “I really am grateful for Mr. Gittens’ role in my life. You can say he was like a father to me. At age 14, I became a Seventh Day Adventist and I was very active in the youth clubs which he led most times. He took a keen interest in me and was a mentor for me. Based on his advice, I decided to give law a try.”Roberts recalled that her law tutor at President’s College was Mr. Yohance Cave.Cave at the time, was also serving as a magistrate.The 29-year-old said that it was Cave’s encouraging lessons which sparked a love for the law. She said that under his tutelage, it was evident that law was the path she was going to take to make the difference she always dreamed of.Roberts said, “I always had childhood dreams of ensuring that I make a difference in the world; that a day would come when I would be able to do better for my family. And it became clear that law was the answer…like doctors, lawyers have the ability to shape lives, to change lives, to save lives. They bring life to society through various procedures which they use to secure justice.”The ambitious belle also turned out to be the best graduating student for President’s College at the sixth form level. The next step was the University of Guyana. There,China Cheap Jerseys, Roberts pursued and successfully completed her Bachelors of Law Degree.“By that time, my mom secured a portion of land in ‘B’ Field Sophia and moved to Georgetown. I moved in with her. I had even reconnected with my father, Howard Roberts, while at the University of Guyana which I was happy
作者: Fpblbt17    時間: 2018-2-17 09:56     標題: Wholesale NFL Jerseys that on November 28

On Tuesday,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, two Chinese nationals,Paul Kariya Ducks Throwback Jersey, Zhiengji Chen and Quanj Lui Ye, appeared before (ag) Chief Magistrate Priya Beharry in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court charged with uttering forge documents.The two who were represented by attorney-at-law Kim Kyte, entered a not guilty plea.The court was told by police prosecutor Stephen Telford,Cheap Air Max 90 Kpu Sale, that on November 28, at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, Timehri, the two defendants uttered letters purported to be issued by the Home Affairs Ministry giving instructions to the immigration officer,Cheap Nike Air Max 97 Shoes, that upon there arrival they must be granted visas, knowing same to be false.Kyte made an application for bail and told the Magistrate that her clients reside at Vigilance,Cheap Jerseys, East Coast Demerara, and are victims of a scheme.On the day in question they were given the documents by their relatives,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, which clearly show that they had no knowledge that it was not authentic. She related that their actions were not intended to defraud immigration policy.The lawyer said that the defendants came to Guyana on business that will be in the best interest of the Guyanese people.She told the Magistrate that her client’s passports were handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and of a result they are not at flight risk.At that point Telford objected to bail and request for the defendants to be remanded. He told Magistrate Beharry that there is a likelihood that more charges will be instituted against the two.The Magistrate granted bail in the sum of $200,000 each. The matter will be called again on January 17.
作者: Fpblbt17    時間: 2018-2-17 13:34     標題: Cheap Nike Free Run Shoes GLU

Through its amnesty offer to rate payers, the Mayor and City Council of Georgetown has been able to garner more than $92M.As a result, the municipality,Jerseys China Cheap NFL, as of Monday was able to commence the payment of September salaries. All staff members will be in receipt of full payment by Friday.Public Relations Officer, Royston King, made this disclosure yesterday. He said that while a notable amount of rate payers had responded to the amnesty many are yet to visit the municipality in this regard.In a release issued on Monday,Cheap Jerseys, King had highlighted that the period of amnesty granted to property owners would come to an end today. He also noted that it was unlikely that the facility would be extended further.“Council is urging all property owners who have not settled their accounts to do so immediately since no other period would be designated during the year for this activity,” King asserted.He pointed out that the council had sought to grant the amnesty to all property owners in the city since many were experiencing difficulties in honouring their civic obligation to the municipality. The amnesty, as a result was intended to relieve tax payers of the accumulated interest their taxes would have attracted due to their failure to pay promptly.King underscored yesterday that regardless of how much is owed, rate payers must embrace the benefit of taking advantage of the amnesty. “We can only urge them to come in but it is mandatory, and they will have to pay up,Jerseys Cheap NFL, that rate payers settle their accounts fully so that we can fulfil our mandate.”According to King the municipality is mandated to address various issues in the city, including environmental health, enforcement of the building code, maintain open spaces and parks, road building and repairs, maintenance of the municipal day care among other crucial aspects.Meanwhile, the municipality remains indebted to private garbage contractors even after paying a sum of $45 M, a payment that was aided by Government’s payment of $41M of rates and taxes owed to the city entity.“Citizens need to remember that we are still indebted and we can only fulfil what we have to do if they fulfil their civic duty first,” King noted.The collection of property taxes,Air Max 95 Black Leather, according to King, represents about 80 percent of the municipal revenue base which is in fact below the requisite amount needed to manage the municipality optimally.It was revealed recently that despite engaging desperate measures to reverse its cash-strapped state, the municipality is yet to collect outstanding rates and taxes for the period July to December amounting to more than $600M.This disclosure was highlighted when municipal officials met with representatives of the Guyana Labour Union (GLU) to discuss the municipality’s financial position last week.The meeting had come as part of the city entity’s attempt to garner the support of the union which represents more than 60 percent of those within its employ in order to prevent the possibility of industrial action should the municipality not be able to pay salaries on time.According to King the meeting was cordial and there was mutual understanding between the parties involved.Also,NFL Jerseys Outlet, it was disclosed that while the municipality had budgeted to collect just over $400 M of outstanding accrued interest, a mere $59 M has so far been collected.Chairman of the Finance Committee and Deputy Mayor, Robert Williams,Cheap NFL Jerseys Online, in explaining the financial circumstances of the municipality, at that forum, had underscored the urgent need for new revenue measures, including the new Valuation Roll which was prepared some years ago by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).King related that the long anticipated Valuation Roll is one of the main avenues from which the municipality could have been gaining substantial and additional revenue.

歡迎光臨 香港BS咭討論區 (http://bschkfc.freebbs.tw/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0