Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2454
用戶失蹤天數 2158
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-11 16:30 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Police ranks remove objects that were used to block the West Ruimveldt Front Road during the protest. – offer to clear canal for far less than contract costYesterday’s attempt to remove dwellers along the West Ruimveldt Front Road Reserve was met with fierce resistance, as residents blocked roads, forcing the demolition crew to hastily abandon their mission.The situation led to the intervention of armed police ranks, who had to resort to clearing huge boulders and pieces of wood with their hands.The issue at hand is the clearing of what is known as the Front Road canal,Cheap Baseball Jerseys, which is clogged up with weed.The City Council is contending that the more than 80 households situated on the reserve are impeding efforts to clear the canal.Notices were delivered to the dwellers informing them of the council’s intentions. But the residents are claiming that for them to remove, the government will have to make good on a promise to provide them with house lots.According to one resident who has been living on the Ruimveldt Front Road Reserve for 25 years, officials from the Ministry of Housing had delivered forms for them to fill out for the purposes of obtaining house lots. That was more than a year ago, and to date,NFL Jerseys From China, that initiative is still to be manifested.The Council says that the houses on the reserve are hampering efforts to clear this clogged canal.“They bring paper and tell we to apply for house lots but up to now we ain’t get no land,” the resident explained.“I gon go whey I gat fuh go, if I gat fuh go in de burial ground and build I gon go. I got to live. Me family got to get somewhere to live. You can’t break me down and I ain’t got no place fuh go,” added a frustrated female resident, when asked where she would go if her home is demolished.The residents said that they are prepared to remove once the promised house lots are provided.According to the residents, around mid morning yesterday, without any proper notice,Wholesale Jerseys China, several employees from the Mayor and City Council swooped down on the area and began demolishing some of the structures on the reserve.This led to a brief standoff which ended when Mayor Hamilton Green was contacted by telephone and alerted about the situation.Immediately after the phone call, the City Council employees abandoned their mission and left the scene. But the residents were wary that this was not the end and they began protesting the actions of the City Council by blocking the roadway with boulders and other debris,Wholesale Jerseys, which led to the intervention of the police.Soon after the police cleared the road,Jerseys Wholesale, City Mayor Hamilton Green arrived on the scene and immediately told the residents that he was unaware of the actions undertaken by the Council’s workers.“I instructed some time ago, the town clerk and the engineer and senior staff, that whenever they are to do work in these areas, and generally, the Mayor is to be told. That should be a normal thing. Ten days ago, I reminded the Town Clerk and EngineerWorkers attached to the Mayor and City Council in the process of demolishing one of the structures before the exercise was halted.that I wanted to know because I’m the person who can talk to the public,” the Mayor stated.He said that interfacing with the public and getting their cooperation was of utmost importance in matters involving the disruption of people’s livelihood.He said that he learnt of yesterday’s demolition exercise only when he was contacted via telephone by persons at the scene.“You know we can talk, but the time has come for us to act,” the City Mayor said.“What is happening today is that these senior officers (of the Council), either through fear, stupidity or their own self preservation, are taking instructions from the minister or a PPP Councilor doing work in these areas. That is the impression I’m getting,” Mayor Green stated.He explained that clearing the canal was done before and the City Council should have engaged the residents to facilitate the work as was done on previous occasions.According to Heston Bostwick, who is also a resident of the Front Road Reserve, a proposal was sent to the M&CC offering the services of residents to clear the canal for a fee that would have been far less than what any contractor with machinery would charge.However, the Council did not even acknowledge the proposal, according to Bostwick.“I got everybody on this front road to agree to clean the canal. I wrote the Council and asked them to provide the necessary tools and we will do the work. I gave them an estimate,” Bostwick said.Meanwhile,China Jerseys Cheap, Bostwi

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2481
用戶失蹤天數 2158
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-11 16:30 
The Guyana Competition and Consumer Protection Commission and the CARICOM Competition Commission,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, together with the CARICOM CSME Unit and the National Competitiveness Strategy Unit will host a workshop on August 12 at the International Conference Centre on the economic benefits of Competition Policy in Guyana and CARICOM.In a press statement to members of the media, Economist in the National Competitiveness Strategy Unit, Jonathan Said explained that the application of Competition Policy in each member state,NFL Jerseys China, including Guyana,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, is crucial.It was noted that the objective of the Competition Policy is to ensure that the economic benefits of free markets in a single market place are maximised, through supporting free competition by both domestic and regional firms.The Competition Policy acts as the custodian of the free market economy, by supervising market structures and consumer interests,China Jerseys Cheap, and by allowing for redress only in those markets where market failure exists.The economist pointed out that the Revised Treaty of Chaguaramas which established the Caricom Single Market and Economy, and to which Guyana is a signatory also recognised this.“It created the Caricom Competition Commission and obliged each member state to establish a national Competition Commission. To date,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, only Jamaica and Barbados have established and operationalised their Commissions. Trinidad and Tobago and the Organisation of Eastern Community States are currently establishing their Commissions.”In this regard, the press statement explained that the Government and the private sector have both already endorsed the need for Competition Policy in Guyana.“Together they set it as one of the highest priorities of the National Competitiveness Strategy and they worked together to enact the Competition and Fair Trading Act in 2006 and to appoint four Commissions in 2007 (who were re-appointed in 2009).”However, it was noted that the Commission has been unable to function because its secretariat has not been established.Hence, it has been unable to carry out the activities it is required to under the Legislation and it has been unable to support the Caricom Competition Commission.In order to address this, the Ministry of Tourism, Industry and Commerce is currently recruiting staff in order to establish the secretariat of the Commission.According to the statement, while the Competition and Fair Trading Act provides the legislative framework to apply competition and consumer protection policy in Guyana and to govern the conduct of firms in the market place, it fails to address issues such as market structures and consumer protection.“Whilst the Legislation could be amended at a later date to address the former issue, the Government is seeking to address the latter through a Consumer Protection Bill, which is due for enactment by end of 2009.Once it comes into force it will result in the establishment of Consumer Protection Commission,Cheap Jerseys China, which will function as part of the same Competition Commission, hence bearing the name ‘Competition and Consumer Protection Commission.”It was explained that in both Jamaica and Barbados, the Competition Commissions have been successful in boosting economic competitiveness by supporting free competition in numerous markets and providing more accurate information to consumers.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2481
用戶失蹤天數 2158
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-11 18:35 
By Michael JordanThe revelation that the gunning down of two men this year and recent attacks around the city were executed with firearms that were never identified before has raised speculation that a new breed of gunmen is now preying on the society.Not so,Nike NFL Jerseys China, say some police ranks, who believe that they are just other members of one of the notorious gangs that have been around for some time.According to the police,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, recent ballistics tests have shown a connection between the execution-style killing of 45-year-old Lawrence Drakes in January 8, 2008; the slaying of Arjune Narine, in Durey Lane, Campbellville, and attacks on Police Headquarters, Eve Leary, Buddy’s Pool Hall in Sheriff Street and Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports.Lawrence Drakes, called ‘FC’ of Lot 16 Bel Air Road, Lamaha Gardens, was shot dead outside his Merriman Mall internet caf? in January.Eyewitnesses said that the two gunmen had tried to force Drakes into a dark-blue Toyota Carina that was parked in Church Street,Wholesale Jerseys, but shot him when he refused to go with them.Police retrieved four 5.56 x 45 shells (used in the Bushmaster, M15 and M16 rifles) from that scene.They have since said that these shells matched similar caliber shells that were found in Durey Lane on May 14 after Arjune Narine was killed.Nine 7.62 x 39 calibre spent shells (used in the M70 and AK47 assault rifles) were also found at Durey Lane and Middleton Street.According to the police, these shells matched two other shells that were found on February 12, 2008, in the Buddy’s Pool Hall Car Park area on Sheriff Street (when gunmen shot up a vehicle and made off with a sum of money); and five spent shells found at the scene of the attack on Police Headquarters, Eve Leary on January 25, 2008. Police also said that twenty-one 5.56 x 45 calibre spent shells were found after gunmen fired several shots on May 16 at the Ministry of Youth and Culture.These, police said, matched the shells of similar caliber that were found in Merriman Mall and in Durey Lane, where Drakes and Arjune were slain.The motives for the killing of Drakes and Arjune are unclear and opinions appear to differ as to which gang is responsible for these attacks.According to police sources,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, an individual whom police suspect to be a paid hit-man was arrested and questioned several times about Drakes’ death but was never charged. According to one investigator, this individual is a close associate of a gunman who police have linked to several brutal killings around the country.“This is the same gang,” the investigator said. “It is just that these men (who are suspected to have carried out the attacks) have never been identified before.”However, another investigator opined that these shootings might be the work of another rival gang, which surfaced after the crime wave.He pointed out that while one gang appeared to be repeatedly using the same weapons,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, this other gang seldom used the same firearms.Hence,Cheap Jerseys Supply, police have seldom found matching shells at the scenes of attacks that were suspected to have been carried out by this gang.