hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2456
用戶失蹤天數 1932
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-28 06:49 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Shalita Appadu is this year’s Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) top student making President’s College proud.Appadu, who is not new to academic success, obtained six Grade Ones in Chemistry Unit 2; Biology Unit 2; Communication Studies; Caribbean Studies; Management of Business; Economics Unit 2; and one Grade Two in Economics Unit 1.During a brief interview with this publication an elated Appadu wittily joked that she does not know how someone would obtain Grade One in Economics Unit 2 and a Grade Two in Economics Unit 1.Two years ago, the Auchlyne Estate, Corentyne girl secured the top spot in the country alongside a student of Queen’s College at Caribbean Secondary Examination Certificate (CSEC). She had secured 15 Grade One passes.Reflecting on her earlier success, Appadu said she went to President’s College with high expectations bestowed upon her. The young lady said President’s College had become her home and she was a loved daughter.“All my teachers treated me well and expressed their expectations of me making the school proud. And I can tell you my school and teachers are proud. I am happy I could have done it,” she said.Knowing the art of studying, young Appadu applied herself in group discussions, class discussions and personal studies. However, she found studying in groups more satisfying as she remembered best explaining various topics with her colleagues.While, Appadu was the lone student to perform exceptionally well at President’s College, Queen’s College swept away the top positions among the 748 students who wrote the exam.Melodie Lowe of Queen’s College captured the second position in the country with five Grade Ones. Lowe is also not new to being successful in her studies. The young lady secured four Grade Ones and one Grade Two at CAPE in 2012.According to Lowe,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, “Not surprisingly, my CAPE results have brought much joy to me as well as to my parents,Wholesale Jerseys, family and friends. I must thank the Lord above, my teachers, my parents and all others who have encouraged and inspired me. My grades have been a result of their support, coupled with hard work and application.Though I felt confident I had done well after writing the exams,Wholesale Jerseys USA, I still felt nervous awaiting the results. Now that the results are out, I am extremely satisfied with my performance. Let me use this opportunity to congratulate the other students who have done well at CSEC and CAPE, especially from my school,Wholesale Jerseys USA, Queen’s College.”Also from Queen’s College, 17-year-old Prashant Shivdas obtained Five Grade Ones. He intends to return to Queen’s College to continue second year CAPE. A modest, Shivdas told this publication that he is pretty excited about his success which he credits to hard work. He believes his parents are proud of his achievement.Shivdas enlightened that his two friends of Queen’s College, Kaleshwar Singh and Deowattie Narine,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, who also received five Grade Ones each, were out of the country.? Both Narine and Singh are former students of The Bishops’ High School and captured fourth and fifth positions in the country when they sat CSEC in 2012.The other two Queen’s College students to obtain five Grade Ones are Anuradha Dev and Benedict Sukra. Last year, Sukra secured ninth position for the country at CSEC. Amrita Milling, Andy Sattan, of Queen’s College and Anil Tulsie of St. Stanislaus College obtained four Grade Ones and one Grade Two each. And, Malinie Tulsie obtained four Grade Ones, one Grade Two, and one Grade Three.And Jonnelle James and Rooana Rose of Queen’s College obtained four Grade Ones and one Grade Three, and four Grade Ones respectively.In 2012, James had topped the country at CAPE securing five Grade One passes in Biology, Caribbean Studies, Chemistry, Food and Nutrition and Pure Mathematics.According to the Ministry of Education, the overall pass rate in 2013 is 86.6 percent. This is an increase from 2011 when a pass rate of 82.5 percent was attained and a marginal increase over the 86.2 percent pass rate in 2012. An increase was noted in the number of Grades I attained in 2013.This year the entries were received from eight public schools and two private entities. The analysis of the 2013 performance of public schools showed increases in the pass rates for The Bishops’ High,Wholesale Jerseys China, New Amsterdam Multilateral, Queen’s College and St. Rose’s when compared to 2012.It was noted that the overall pass percentages at St. Stanislaus College, St. Joseph High and Mackenzie High declined, while performance at President’s College remained relatively c