hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2453
用戶失蹤天數 1929
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-1 01:30 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Kiana WilburgMinister of Natural Resources Raphael Trotman recently told members of the media during a briefing that the administration will be seeking international support for due diligence reviews. He said that this will be applied to all companies seeking to start a business in the natural resources sector. At the time, I thought this was a remarkable step that the coalition administration was taking. But upon reflection, I wondered whether due diligence reviews would be enough to protect Guyana from companies with a corrupt agenda. I will come to that.NOTHING MORE IMPORTANTIn this highly competitive market, I would agree that there is nothing more important than thorough due diligence.? Like many others with an interest in financial issues, I firmly believe that a nation can never know too much about a prospective company’s operations, finances and legal issues.? Due diligence can mean the difference between an acquisition that succeeds and one that sees the country holding the crooked end of the stick.Ideally, governments of the day should carefully investigate all information pertaining to foreign and local businesses. But let’s be real, many of the deals and agreements that are sealed at the national level, are often done without careful investigation of prospective companies.For those who may not be aware or familiar with the term, due diligence, it refers to an investigation of a business or person prior to signing a contract, or an act with a certain?standard of care. It refers to the care and discretion that any reasonable person or government should take before granting the resources of their country to another company in the name of “good relationships and the need for foreign investments”. So,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, the goal of due diligence is to simply discover hidden information about a business.There are many important reasons for conducting due diligence reviews. These investigations allow one to confirm that the business is what it appears to be; help to identify potential “deal killer” defects in the target and avoid a bad business transaction; help to gain information that will be useful for valuing assets; assist with defining representations and warranties, and/or negotiating price concessions; and help with verifying that the transaction complies with investment or acquisition criteria.Any sign of deception or even a simple lack of candour could soon erupt into open mistrust. Once that negative reaction occurs,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, it is expected that the deal will more than likely sink or a substantial discount will be demanded in order to keep it afloat. So the process of due diligence is all about ensuring that the start of any relationship is grounded in trust, confidence, transparency and adherence to the principles of accountability.An investigator or investigative firm will often use forensic accounting investigations, background checks, surveillance,Cheap Jerseys Online, mystery shopping, asset searches, financial investigations and other business investigation methods to find out what is happening at a company today.In some cases, investigators will need to review public records, speak with company clients and customers, and even contact overseas offices in order to uncover the legitimacy and potential of a company. A good private investigator will explain all the facets of a business you can investigate, and will work with you to determine exactly which services and investigation you need.ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGESThere are advantages and disadvantages to this process as well. With regard to advantages, these include the ability to collect current information to make good business and financial decisions, avoid costly mistakes,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, prevent future law suits from bad partnerships, help you get proof to better negotiate terms for future acquisitions, allow you to evaluate the amount of risk involved and give insight to the overall state of an organization’s health and stability.When it comes to the disadvantages of this exercise, research dictates that it could lead to a company’s disapproval and/or resentment of irregular business practices that are found.For decades now, Guyana’s failure to conduct due diligence on companies has been flagged by numerous critics.In fact, one politician from the Government’s camp posited that due diligence reviews are important and should be conducted on firms operating here, so that the nation can be able to ascertain whether they are within the boundaries of the law and/or abusing their privileges.“If they are found to be doing so, we need to hold them accountable and ensure that their concessionary benefits which they enjoy are taken away.” Apart from making this assertion, A Partnership for National

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2466
用戶失蹤天數 1813
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-1 01:40 
In observance of Blindness Awareness Month,Cheap MLS Jerseys, the Guyana Society for the Blind and the Guyana Blind Cricket Association (GBSA) sponsored a sensitisation workshop on the Disability Act 2010. The event was held at the Guyana Society for the Blind office, 46 High Street, Georgetown. Support came from Volunteer Service Organisation (VSO).The workshop attracted 35 visually impaired persons who were enlightened to the contents of the Disabilities Act 2010. There were three facilitators at the event, Ganesh Singh, Cecil Morris and Theresa Pemberton.A session was conducted on what the Disability Act 2010 entails. The National Commission on Disability (NCD) produced a simplified version of the Act which underscored seven key rights areas, these are; employment, education, health, accessibility,Wholesale Jerseys From China, recreational, independent life and political rights.During the session a module was used and there were discussions, while there was role play to help participants to fully understand their rights.In addition to the workshop, during the month the GBSA and the Guyana Society for the Blind are hosting a series of activities,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, including an outreach programme in Linden,Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys, a domino competition and a grand fun day. Another planned activity is a chain of canes around the Public Building on May 31.Throughout the month, various teams of visually impaired persons and volunteers will be paying awareness visits to schools,Cheap NFL Jerseys, taxi services and other business places around the city. Teams will also be on radio programmes and there will be an extensive coverage in both the print and electronic media.The Guyana Society for the Blind was established in 1950 but was made legal on October 8, 1955 and is sustained by its own fundraiser and a subvention from the Government.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2466
用戶失蹤天數 1813
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-1 02:18 
The owner of a fishing boat and relatives of the crew members are beginning to fear the worse following their disappearance somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean on Christmas Day.It has been six days since word that the vessel ‘Invincible 3″ had overturned at sea and the crew stranded on a sand bank. The owner Rajandra Narine called ‘Ram’ of Essequibo and the wife of the captain, Nathan Bacchus, are hoping against all hope that the crew were rescued and will soon return home.But the information they are receiving is very conflicting and does lend to any comfort that the men are safe.“We hearing all kinds of news. Sunday morning I get a message that they on a sand bank but only two survive,” Angela Vieira, the wife of Captain Bacchus told this newspaper yesterday.After receiving that piece of information, she left her Bellevue,NFL Jerseys Outlet, West Bank Demerara home and headed to the city for confirmation.“I contact one of the crew men brothers and he tell me that the boy call he wife and tell she that the boat capsize. That is all I hearing up to now,” the woman said.Bacchus and his five man crew left port on December for their usual fishing expedition which normally last about two weeks. All things being equal they were scheduled to return to shore on Christmas Day.It is believed that they were on their way in when tragedy reportedly struck.“Me husband going pon sea fuh about twenty years and is the first time something like this happen. I want to know if dey still deh pon de sand bank,” Angela Vieira declared.But the owner of the vessel is not sharing her slight optimism.Speaking to Kaieteur News from his base in Essequibo, Narine said,Cheap Nike Huarache Shoes, “Time pass fuh dem. Is six lives we get at boat.”He said he first heard about the reported mishap on Saturday and since then he has been receiving numerous telephone calls, each with a slightly different version of the crew’s fate.“Me nah know wha fuh believe,” he said.He is convinced though that they did meet with some tragedy.“One time a lady call and say she son is one of the crew who get save, that some Spanish man pick dem up,Wholesale Jerseys,” the boat owner revealed.He said that he was told that the rescued crew member would have been brought ashore around 14:00 hours Monday.He said that he and some other concerned persons waited at the wharf for them but they never arrived.“A boat come in from that side, yes, but dem men say that they didn’t even hear about it (the mishap).”According to Narine, the crew would normally take the boat to the Shell Beach area off the northern tip of Guyana.“Nobody nah see de boat. I finding out from boatmen wha been out dat side,” he added.At presently,Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap, he is at his wits end. He does not know where to commence a search for his missing crew and the boat.Narine stated that he has boats on standby, waiting to go out and pick up the crew, “but dem nah know whey fuh start. We de hoping fuh see de two wha dem say get rescue so dat we could get a location,” Narine said.He has since made a report to the police.Meanwhile, Angela Vieira is appealing to the maritime authorities to mount an aerial search in an effort to at least locate the overturned boat, with the aim of ascertaining the vicinity in which the tragedy occurred, which could lead to the possible rescue of her stranded husband and his crew.“I don’t know wheh these people deh. He never stay away so long. I am certain that something happen,Wholesale Jerseys, because they try to contact they radio and ain’t getting through. Right now me nah gat life in me body,” the woman stressed.