hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2409
用戶失蹤天數 1886
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-6 17:40 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…calls victim for another attackPolice have detained a 16-year-old girl who is believed to be a member of a carjacking gang operating in the city.The teen,Nike NFL Jerseys China, who hails from an East Bank Demerara community, was detained around 11:00hrs yesterday near Peter’s Hall,Cheap NFL jerseys China, East Bank Demerara, after a taxi driver identified her as one of two young women who had assisted two men in robbing him two weeks ago.It is alleged that the carjackers had forced the driver into the trunk of his car in Kitty. They later abandoned the vehicle on the East Coast Demerara with the driver bound and still locked in the trunk. His pounding attracted a passerby and he was freed.Early yesterday,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, the same driver received a telephone call to pick up a young woman at 65 Friendship,Wholesale Jerseys China, East Bank Demerara. He responded. He saw a woman with her face partly covered coming out of the house. There was no initial recognition.But when the woman got into the car the driver recognised her as one of the persons who had abducted him earlier this month. His fears were confirmed when he overheard a cell phone conversation that was placed to another female.The driver immediately ordered the young woman out of his car. He then returned to the house and called the police while he remained parked outside.The woman had made the mistake of calling the victim,NCAA Baseball Jerseys, causing observers to say that lightning does not strike twice in the same place.The police took the girl into custody at the Providence Station.The teen reportedly denied the allegation,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Outlet, but was taken to the Alberttown Police Station for further questioning.Carjackers have habitually used attractive young women to lure taxi drivers to secluded areas.The male members of one such gang were killed by police some years ago.A number of taxi drivers were also robbed about three years ago by a woman who was armed with an ice pick.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2422
用戶失蹤天數 1769
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-6 17:44 
The Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport continues to place emphasis on the development of literature in Guyana,Cheap NFL Jerseys, especially through the mechanism of the Caribbean Press.The publishing house funded by the Ministry and overseen by two prominent writers and academics,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Drs. David Dabydeen and Ian McDonald, recently appeared in the news when it released twelve republished volumes of works either by Guyanese writers or about Guyana itself.The works released had been out of print locally for some time and were all of historical significance to Guyanese. Dr. Dabydeen was particularly adamant that they needed to be available to the greater population at large,Wholesale China Jerseys, especially young people; as such,Cheap Jerseys From China, copies of the first releases have been donated to libraries across the country.Furthering the aims of strengthening literature in Guyana,Wholesale Football Jerseys, the Caribbean Press which is not just a publishing house and printery, is actively engaging young people across the country in competitions that will be run in secondary schools.There will be a poetry competition for children under the age of 12 and a short story competition for youths between the ages of 13 and 18 during the final term of the school year.The entries will then be reviewed and the most promising ones will be shortlisted to participate in a series of workshops that will lead up to the Festival of Words that will be held in December where the work of the graduates from the workshops may be performed and exhibited.Dr. Dabydeen has already indicated his willingness to be present and to conduct the workshop along with the assistance of at least two other local or Caribbean writers.The workshops will serve to foster a sense of importance in young writers about their art as well as seek to impart some of the necessary skills that will allow the acceptance of their work at a higher level than that which they perform at.The premise behind the project is that getting to writers when they are young and still malleable is a sound method of ensuring that they allow their creativity to grow; it will also guarantee that the art does not disappear completely as more and more young people focus on other fields of endeavor to the exclusion of the arts.Also on the books for the Ministry is World Poetry Day,Cheap China Jerseys, which is currently observed on March 21. The festival which is usually celebrated in October is now under the auspices of UNESCO, hence the shift in its annual celebration date to March.The Ministry will be inviting representatives from the various embassies and consulates of foreign nations that maintain a presence here in Guyana to a poetry reading. There will be readings of works written in these countries in their native languages as well as in English.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2422
用戶失蹤天數 1769
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-6 21:09 
Staff members of the Richard Ishmael Secondary School were yesterday reminded of the ‘schoolyard killing’ nine years ago. A student killed a woman on that occasion. The reminder came after two students were stabbed in separate incidents, yesterday.Kiara Parris,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, a 15-year-old third form student of the school,China NBA Jerseys, was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital around 15:00hrs, yesterday, with a stab wound to the left cheek and lacerations on both hands, after she was “attacked” by a fellow female student.An injured Kiara Parris (in school uniform) in the company of a relative at the Georgetown Public Hospital yesterdayAccording to Parris, she was standing on the Woolford Avenue with a few friends,Discount NFL Jerseys, preparing to go home, when her attacker appeared “out of nowhere” and started to hit and stab her.The teen was unable to say what was the weapon used, but explained that “the day before (Tuesday) (my attacker) rush up to my face and started telling me that if I want a problem I gon get it. I didn’t even know wha she did talking about, suh I didn’t worry with her.”“I didn’t do this girl anything. She just come outta nowhere and start beating and stabbing me up. She rip all my uniform and so, and I didn’t even do she nothing,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,” Parris cried.After the stabbing, the attacker reportedly fled the scene in a minibus, after which the injured girl was taken to see the school’s Headmistress who subsequently drove her to the Georgetown Public Hospital.While awaiting treatment at the Accident and Emergency Unit, the teen’s father arrived and became teary upon seeing his daughter in pain. The two hugged and cried while the girl struggled to explain what had happened to her.The man told Kaieteur News that he was not prepared to have his child wait in line to be treated at the public hospital,China Jerseys Free Shipping, and therefore opted to take her to a private hospital.“We waiting on the people from the (Education) Ministry to come, but nobody ain’t coming, and I can’t leave my daughter to wait in this long line, so I carrying she to a private doctor,” the man said.He asserted that the matter will be reported to the police.Meanwhile, a teacher of the Richard Ishmael Secondary School confirmed that earlier in the day, another student was stabbed.She explained that that incident involved two fourth form boys. This injury was not major. This too is currently being dealt by the police.“Ever since the schoolyard stabbing a couple years ago, we didn’t have any incident like this. It is the first in years,Soccer Jerseys From China, and it happened twice (yesterday),” the teacher stressed.In 2005, a 15-year-old student stabbed the mother of another student inside the schoolyard. The parent later died and the delinquent teen was charged. She was later freed.