yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2434
用戶失蹤天數 1780
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-8 01:42 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Leonard GildarieBecause of the hours in the media business,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, I rarely get in to work before 10am. So I am spared the daily horrors of being caught on the East Bank Demerara road (highway) during the morning and evening rush hours.The complaints have been growing. The frustrations of the persons crossing the Demerara Harbour Bridge daily have been increasing. I am not sure how the police ranks deployed at both sides of the structure are handling it. Coupled with the sun, which around 8am is relentless and standing in all its glory, the attitudes of some drivers have been compounding a situation that is frustrating.The lines are long, leaving commuters, already suffering from other stresses, arriving at work in a not-so-happy mood.I am sure that the critics will defend the situation by arguing that congestion is; a sick to all countries.I have no quarrel with that. However, I would love this Government and other further ones,China NFL Jerseys, to pay heavy attention to the importance of transportation. It is one of the single biggest costs to businesses and citizens. Think about it. You have to move yours goods and workers. There is a cost attached to maintenance of vehicles and gas and or in using the public transportation system. There is no need to repeat the ripple effects of congestions and a poor road and river network system on productivity.I could not help think of the frustrations yesterday as I saw two ranks directing traffic at the Demerara Harbour Bridge. It appears the bridge was opening for river traffic. To compound matters, there was a massive power outage with the traffic lights not working.Leonard GildarieThere are a couple things wrong here. We have failed to move quickly enough to secure funding and start building another bridge across the river. With thousands of vehicles being brought in annually, according to official figures, there must be no delay.The West Demerara area is home to thousands of residents now, thanks to a number of new housing schemes. The bridge is a critical link to Parika, a gateway to Essequibo.The bridge situation yesterday would also raise troubling questions about our power outages.Save for a few statements from the Guyana Power and Light Inc.,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, people are virtually in the dark, left to the outages which may strike at any time.While the current situation is caused by the damage to the submarine power cable across the Demerara River, the reality is that there have been little public statements from the oversight body– the Public Utilities Commission (PUC).Now for those who have not been paying attention,Cheap NFL Jerseys Online, PUC has been holding scheduled monitoring of the utilities, including GPL, the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company and the Guyana Water Inc.However, aside from handling public complaints, there have been few public statements from PUC. I am sure that the commission would say it is working behind the scenes.This is little comfort for the thousands of consumers we have in Guyana.Entities like PUC play a critical role.We want out utility companies to be held to the same scrutiny as our state agencies.We pay for a service and we expect answers when we demand.We pay millions of dollars every year to run these commissions. It is time to bell the cat.As we are on that issue, the call centers at our telephone company and GPL, are in serious need of upgrading.It can literally take hours before your call is taken. You get messages like…”Please hold for one of our operators.” “Your call is important to us, please hold…”Of course, sure as the sun is bound to rise,NFL Jerseys China, your service is cut off at the beginning of the month if you miss the pay date.In recent months,Cheap China Jerseys, the administration has been appointing a number of persons to conduct inquiries.We have one on the Guyana National Broadcasting Authority; one of the illegal plane found in Region One; another on the public service and even one on Barry Dataram.There is good news and bad news here.The bad news is that our oversight bodies have failed over the years. We have lost faith in them.In many cases…the Ethnic Relations Committee is one I can readily think of…were toothless poodles.Try justifying the monies we spent on them over the years.I do believe that had our commissions and other bodies been doing their jobs, there would have been no need for all these Commissions of Inquiries.These are my little two cents as a citizen who wants out oversight bodies to utilize the powers granted in them to do their jobs without fear and favour.