Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2413
用戶失蹤天數 2117
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-21 16:30 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– Health MinisterFailure on the part of some private sector entities to adhere to the warnings of the Ministry of Health was cited as one of the major factors that could have led to an increase in Plasmodium falciparum, a form of malaria, which has the potential of causing death.Health Minister Dr Leslie Ramsammy made this disclosure on Saturday when he held a press conference at the Health Ministry’s Brickdam headquarters.Minister of Health, Dr Leslie RamsammyAccording to the Minister, based on daily reports that were drawn from various parts of the country for the first quarter of this year, there have been almost 1,300 reported cases of Plasmodium falciparum. For the same period last year there were just about 1000 cases reported,nhl jerseys outlet, he added.“That may not be plenty but it is worrying to me…this is the more serious type of malaria that could cause death and already we have 250 more than we had in the first quarter last year.”And one of the major reasons for the current state-of-affairs is the fact that some members of the private sector have resorted to ‘bad habits’, the Minister speculated.He pointed out that the Ministry was able to gain successes in the past two years in fighting all forms of malaria after the private sector had heeded warnings to desist selling malaria drugs.“The private sector had stopped in terms of buying and selling malaria drugs but I have found in Region Seven and Eight in particular that the private sector has resorted to procuring this medicine which is a single dose. They are buying Artemisinin which is one of the drugs in the combination we have.”Minister Ramsammy pointed out that the Ministry had some time ago stopped people from using monotherapy (therapy which is taken by itself) because of resistance issues, adding that it appears that the private sector has gone back to selling it in local shops.As such the Minister said that he has instructed the Food and Drug Department to engage an inspection process.“Any time we find single does medication such as Artemisinin we will seize it…The Ministry will not be flexible. I am warning the private sector that this single dose drug is not permitted and I am requesting people not to purchase malaria drugs from the private sector….”And according to the Minister, the move is not intended to be an “anti-private sector thing” since it is geared at being beneficial to the general public. He explained that with the increased use of the single dose drug an individual’s resistance would increase and cause greater spread of Plasmodium falciparum.Another contributory factor to the increase in the vector borne disease is the fact that persons are no longer making use of impregnated mosquito nets that were distributed by the Health Ministry.“Because malaria is not rampant, people are not utilising the nets.? As I visit the areas it is clear that people are not utilising the nets,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys,” the Minister noted.For this reason, he said that the Ministry would this year distribute 30,000 nets in Regions One, Seven, Eight and Nine,Cheap Jerseys Online, which account for 93 per cent of all malaria in Guyana. A lesser incidence of about 400 cases is usually found in Region 10 but according to the Minister there has been evidence that the Region’s cases are surpassing that of Region Nine, thus the need for closer attention.However,Wholesale Jerseys, he noted that there has been significant progress in the general fight against malaria as the Ministry has been able to sustain its control of the disease. In the first quarter of last year there were 28,090 cases of the several strains of malaria and the first quarter of this year 28,China Jerseys Cheap,093 cases have been reported.There has also been a notable reduction in Plasmodium vivax, a mild form of malaria,Cheap Jerseys, the Minister added. So far for this year there have been 1,388 reported cases as opposed to 1,750 last year.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2439
用戶失蹤天數 1786
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-21 16:49 
Court documents and the charge against Social Studies teacher attached to the Berbice Educational Institute and University of Guyana student,Wholesale Jerseys, Kirk Fraser, should be attracting the attention of the Ministry of Education (MOE) in Georgetown and the Teaching Service Commission (TSC) shortly.Fraser was charged at the New Amsterdam Magistrate’s Court with causing grievous bodily harm to Stacia James on February 26, last, in New Amsterdam.According to a source from the Department of Education in New Amsterdam,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, the police have yet to submit the record of the charge and case information to the Ministry of Education which will then forward same to the TSC for disciplinary action to be taken.The source further revealed that teachers employed by the Education Ministry and who are charged by the police can be sent on leave during which their matter would be dealt with by the courts.They can be interdicted or have other disciplinary actions taken against them pending the results of the investigation.Fraser was placed on $10,000 bail by Magistrate Adela Nagamootoo and the matter would be called again on May 13.Fraser,Jerseys From China, on Mash night in New Amsterdam, allegedly beat James until she collapsed. Then the teacher reportedly started to kick her in her stomach.James later said that she did not remember anyone coming to her assistance even though the Mash celebrations saw huge crowds that congregated on Main Street.After a friend of hers tried to restrain Fraser, James reportedly got up and ran as fast as she could,NFL Jerseys Clearance, barefoot and all,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, to the Central Police Station,Cheap Jerseys From China, a few streets away. She recalled that Fraser ran behind her using threatening language and held a beverage bottle in his hand. She outran him.Meanwhile, James recently told Kaieteur News that she has since contacted Red Thread and Women’s Affairs Bureau (WAB). She stated that both organisations are outraged at the matter. They will be sending representatives to accompany her to court on May 13.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2427
用戶失蹤天數 1903
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-21 22:56 
The Corriverton taxi driver who was attacked and shot by armed bandits last November is yet to recover his vehicle from the police. The vehicle is still impounded in the compound of the Springlands Police Station in Corriverton.The taxi driver said that the detention of his car is severely hampering him from making his daily bread to support his wife and three children, who have all but dropped out of school due to a financial meltdown.On November 11,Cheap Jerseys, last, 31-year-old Jermaine Dover of Lot 432 Number 77 Village was operating his hire car, HB 3172, as usual when he picked up two men at Number 76 Village, Corriverton. He was later brutally attacked in the vicinity of Moleson Creek.The bandits left with the vehicle and cash. The vehicle was recovered a few days later in West Coast Berbice.? Dover nearly lost his life. He spent several days in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the New Amsterdam Hospital. The men were later caught, charged and jailed.Since that time, Dover has been unable to recover the vehicle,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, his main means of making a daily bread for himself and family. He is suffering. Dover is claiming that the Magistrate,China NFL Jerseys, Krishendat Persaud, “does not want to release the vehicle to him” and he believes this is unfair,Wholesale MLB Jerseys 2018, since the suspects told the court that it was not their vehicle.He also related that the matter is also out of the police hands since they said that they cannot do anything about it. He believes the official is making him suffer.He produced all related documents proving that he is the owner of the vehicle. “I gave evidence but it is the same pushing around with the car. The bandits admitted that the car was not their own. The magistrate asked the number two accused if he got any problem releasing the car to me and the suspect told the court ‘no’.”He told this newspaper that the magistrate asked that the car be given a second inspection after which bloodstains were found inside. “He asked the female prosecutor if they did tests on the stains and she said ‘no’. “He locked up back the car…and yesterday [Friday] the car supposed to hand over but he said till April 15.Dover said that not being able to operate the hire car is affecting him a lot, since he also has a bank loan on his house. “I got four children who go to school…and this thing really getting me frustrated now—how the magistrate has me. Look all my car papers here…my registration, my agreement of sales—all this I keep walking with!” he complained.“I don’t know if he victimizing me or what (is) the case; only left for me to get frustrated. I done owe the bank for four months,Wholesale Jerseys China, but bank will understand a little fine situation but how long will they understand me?” One of my children missed his exams—he failed—I don’t have money to send them to school. I don’t work anywhere else…and I am pleading to see what can happen.Dover last visited court on Friday, March 1 and was told that the case was deferred to April 15. “It’s so it deh all the time…this week—next week…this week…next week…”The man has not fully recovered from his injuries. He still has a bullet lodged in his shoulder and a lens in his eyes; and owes a Corentyne doctor over $400,000.“If I could able to work I would pay out some of my debts. Right now,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, I still have to do a surgery to remove a bullet in my shoulder—but money, money—why the magistrate won’t release my car; I don’t know what the reason”.Efforts to contact Magistrate Krishendat Persaud proved futile.