yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2412
用戶失蹤天數 2088
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-21 22:58 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
—— reeks of an unequal playing field for businesses in GuyanaVice Chairman of the Alliance For Change (AFC), Moses Nagamootoo, recently stated that Government’s rejection of the US$8M offer by Pegasus owner, Robert Badal, for the Marriott Hotel clearly shows that it has something to hide. He opined that it proves once again that government is not interested in partnering with experienced and transparent investors.Winston Brassington, owner of Atlantic Hotel Inc. (AHI), said in a statement to the media that it refused Badal’s offer because he feels the Pegasus owner is not serious.Owner of the Pegasus Hotel,cheap jerseys, Robert BadalNICIL Head, Winston BrassingtonAFC Vice Chairman,Jerseys From China, Moses NagamootooThe statement from Brassington and the Government could raise even more questions about where they are finding the billions of dollars needed to complete the hotel.Nagamootoo said that he read the news item on Government’s rejection of Badal’s offer and that he was somewhat taken back by the move. He said that it is obvious that Government has a political motive and it blocked Badal from gaining entry into the “secret loop.”Government has,Jerseys NFL Cheap, as part of its stakes, plugged almost US$22M of the US$57M needed for the completion of the hotel.The remaining monies would have been coming from a US$27M syndicated loan from Republic Bank and US$8M from a private equity investor. Those monies are now held up as a court action has been filed to block transfer of the properties to the bank for the financing.Badal earlier this month said that Pegasus is willing to plug in the US$8M needed that will give the neighbouring hotel a 67 percent stake in Marriott.However, it is more than clear now that Government is not interested in local investors. Where it raised the monies from to take the hotel to an almost complete stage has been kept in the dark as Brassington and Government have both refused to comment.Nagamootoo said, “I believe Guyanese money is good as money anywhere else. We have been going through the process of having this hotel completed and delivering a strategic investor whose identity had eluded us for months and had been shrouded in secrecy. Now a Guyanese businessman has stepped forward and said ‘let’s put the guessing game to an end. I have the dough’ but Brassington has said ‘No.’“I believe Brassington and the outfit he represents do not sound convincing and are not serious about having Guyanese investment. Prior to this announcement, Government said that the Private Sector will be the engine of growth yet when a businessman steps forward, they have rejected him. They say Badal is not serious.“Well let me say this, in this game,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, money is the order of the day. If I am ugly, or regardless of my status, the beauty is in the money. So it is clear that it is not money alone. It is more than that. It is certainly a political motive.”The AFC Vice Chairman reminded that he was the lawyer for NICIL headed by Brassington but after he became critical of the company and its suspicious activities, the company retaliated by taking all the work away from him.Similarly, Nagamootoo said that Brassington has retaliated against Badal who was initially critical of the design and financial arrangements of the hotel. He said that the move by AHI reeks of an unequal playing field for businesses in Guyana.General Secretary of the AFC, David Patterson,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale, had also lent his voice to the issue. Patterson asserted that the move by AHI gives life to the saying that “Some investors are more equal than others.” The AFC member said, too, that the Marriott Hotel project is just a “job for the big boys through an opaque deal.”AHI had said that both Stabroek News and Kaieteur News,wholesale nfl jerseys, in October 2013, reported extensively on a statement issued by Badal attacking the feasibility study as “unrealistic assumptions.”Badal had said that he wanted the same tax breaks that Marriott is getting to be made available if he is approved as the investor.“Clearly, Mr. Badal’s reported sudden about face and declaration of interest in becoming a major investor is not to be taken seriously,” said Brassington.But Badal said that neither Brassington nor AHI has called him to find out how serious he is.

無頭像
QlzgrN5C

帖子 6402
註冊 2017-12-7
用戶註冊天數 2326
用戶失蹤天數 2117
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-21 23:03 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***