yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2429
用戶失蹤天數 2105
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-23 16:03 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Controversial social activist, Mark Benschop,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and Kaieteur News Columnist, Freddie Kissoon, are staging a hunger strike in further protest of their detention by the police on what they are claiming is a minor traffic offence.Benschop and Kissoon were arrested on Tuesday afternoon for allegedly blocking the entrance of the Le Repentir Cemetery,Cheap Jerseys From China, and up to last night were still being held in the Brickdam Police Station lock-ups.Frederick KissoonThis is despite attorneys moving to the High Court to secure their release on bail.Attorney at law Nigel Hughes told Kaieteur News that he and two other attorneys had filed writs of?? habeas corpus on behalf of Benschop and Kissoon.This was heard by Chief Justice Ian Chang who issued an order nisi,Cheap Jerseys Outlet, compelling the police commissioner to show cause why the men should not be released.However that matter is returnable for today, despite efforts by the attorneys to have it returnable yesterday afternoon.Hughes argued that the offences for which the men have been booked is bailable and carries a fine of only $7,500 at best.In an affidavit to support his application, Hughes said that he visited the Brickdam lock-ups where he was informed that the police were refusing to grant bail to Kissoon and Benschop.Upon making enquiries, the attorney was given no information for the men’s arrest and detention by the officer in charge of the station.“The Guyana Police Force have not indicated that they intend to charge Kissoon (and Benschop) and have refused to release them on bail for a summary offence,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,” Hughes stated in the affidavit.“I am advised by Frederick Kissoon (and Benschop) and verily believe that their arrest and continued detention are political in origin and intent,” the affidavit added.The affidavit also went on to state that the continued detention of the two men is for the purpose of teaching them a lesson and for no lawful purpose.Speaking to this newspaper from his cell in the lock-ups,Wholesale Jerseys, Kissoon indicated that both he and Benschop will not be eating anything until they are released.“I am not eating anything until they put me on bail,” Kissoon said.Many persons have been expressing solidarity with the two men, who are expected to be placed before the court today.“I have always argued that the Guyana government has descended to the levels of fascism. I along with Mark Benschop have been picked up by the police for a simple alleged traffic violation. I have not been charged and the police are refusing to put us on station bail for an extremely harmless traffic offence. I believe this is the manifestation of dictatorship. The police and the government are trying to destroy us. We are asking the Guyanese people to denounce this act of state violence against us,China Jerseys Authentic,” Kissoon stated.