Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2400
用戶失蹤天數 2104
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-23 21:50 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Hassan Ally, the driver of Canter lorry GDD 7614, that was involved in Thursday’s accident, ‘which left one person dead and 21 injured, has said that the vehicle was overloaded.Ally said that he was transporting some 40 persons to the cremation site at La Union,Cheap Jerseys, Essequibo Coast.Ally is currently under police guard at the Suddie Public Hospital. He sustained a cut to his head.Six other men, Navindra Lall, Annand Singh, Shiv Lall, Felton, Nick Rampersaud and Bedesh Rampersaud remain hospitalized at the Hospital.That accident claimed the life of Basmattie Prashad,Jerseys NFL Cheap, aka Samantha, a mother of one of Pouderoyen, West Bank Demerara.Prashad died after she was pinned beneath the Canter which toppled twice, at Walton-Hall.Prashad was attending her uncle’s funeral at Jibb Housing Scheme when she met her demise.Parbattie Rampersaud,Cheap China Jerseys Authentic, 44,China NFL Jerseys, of Parika had to be transferred to the Georgetown Public Hospital, Friday morning due to the severity of her injuries.Ally said that as he was proceeding south along the Walton Hall Public around a sharp turn,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, all of the persons that were in the tray of the Canter tilted on one side, resulting in the vehicle toppling.Nick Rampersaud, 23, of Devonshire Castle,Cheap Jerseys 2018, who sustained an injured right hand and lacerations to his face, said that he cannot recall how the accident unfolded but recalled being thrown out of the tray of the Canter and unto the road.He said that he assisted himself and was later taken to the Suddie Public Hospital, where he remains a patient.Twenty-one persons were seen by doctors at the Suddie Public Hospital, while six remain hospitalized.Parbattie Sukhai was discharged Friday morning.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2413
用戶失蹤天數 1889
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-23 21:53 
By Enid JoaquinNo more flying downhill in Kokerite boats! No more Wabanie under the Correa trees. No more bonfires under the big bamboo tree,Jerseys NFL Cheap, with story telling of Kanaima, and other spirits- no more pepperpot simmering with every wild meat imaginable, and certainly, and sadly-no more cassava bread making!‘Today the Amerindians here don’t make cassava bread; they buy cassava bread from other people who make it!?It’s a shame!” an Amerindian, from Buck Hill recently said cynically.Leonard Rodrigues and Bridgette Chappelle (sitting at left and right) are two of the few older Amerindians still living at Buck Hill.Sad but true, that as we celebrated Amerindian Heritage this past month, for many Amerindians especially those living in and around Linden, the aforementioned are just nostalgic recollections, of cultural traditions that have all but disappeared.There are too many things that our people no longer do, too much of “no more” and too little of carrying on of customs and traditions that have become all but forgotten.The above scenario graphically illustrates the traditions lost, at what once was considered Linden’s only Amerindian reservation- “Buck Hill” also known as Wismar Hill which, as you might rightly conjecture, got the name because it was first inhabited by Amerindians, who remained the predominant race living there for many years. But things have changed.Buck Hill, as this relatively small and obscure community is popularly called, has changed.CuriousI remember vividly,wholesale jerseys, my own curiosity about this place as a little girl, and wondering about the people who lived there. In my childhood mind I conjured up images of people running around, with feathered headdress and arrows and bows at the ready- images of trullie covered benabs with women baking cassava bread, and making pepperpot.But by the time I was old enough to visit the community on my own; all semblance of Amerindian culture had disappeared.Back thenThere was no benab or trullie house, no cassava bread baking, and definitely- no wabanies!I was disappointed, but that was short-lived, as I soon grew to love this quaintly beautiful place, with its crystal clear spring water, toe blistering white sand and numerous Coreaa trees. Oh and the view- the view from atop this hill is breathtaking, particularly at nights, when one could admire the lights across the river at Mackenzie.First inhabitantsThe Chappelle’s were one of the first Amerindian families to settle at Buck Hill.Old Ma and Pa Chappelle had moved from the Rupununi and Pomeroon respectively, to seek a better life at Wismar. Pa Chappele was an Arawak, while his wife, came from the Macusi tribe. ?The couple settled on Buck Hill, where the Chappelle clan grew.Presently only one of the Chappelle offspring- Bridgette, resides on the Hill, with her husband and children. Her other siblings have all moved away.But Bridgette still remembers the old days, of Kokerite boat skating, and storytelling under the big bamboo tree. The bamboo tree is no longer there, but the memories remain.One of Buck Hill’s oldest residents Leonard Rodrigues well known as ‘Uncle Lennie” ,Wholesale China Jerseys, pointed out that the Amerindians who first occupied the community, most likely chose the area, because of its proximity to the Demerara River and its lush hunting grounds.“In those days there was a lot of Koreea trees around here, so the people could hunt the labba,Jerseys Wholesale, deer and so on without having to go very far. You know the animals would graze under these trees, because the seeds are what they eat, so the people would just set up wabanie nearby and shoot them, when they came out to feed.”Most of the korrea trees were cut down as the population grew, and as they disappeared so did the animals that fed on their seeds, Rodrigues noted.He added that cutting down the trees has also led to massive erosion over the years, as these trees roots had stabilized the sandy soil.Rodrigues is of Amerindian and Portuguese heritage. He moved to Buck Hill, from Susannah’s Rust, down the Demerara River, in the early seventies.He had moved to the area to work with the then Demerara Bauxite Company,Cheap Jerseys Store, he said. “Right away I fall in love with the place- but is a woman (Joyce), that keep me here”, he declared proudly.He would later marry her, and father eleven children with her.Buck Hill obscuredBut Buck Hill is not the same, as when he first moved there, Uncle Lennie reminisced. Most of the older generation of Amerindians have either died out or moved away.Their offspring, he noted, could not really be considered Amerindians as most of them are the result of interracial marriages and relationships.Another resident Hyaci

無頭像
QlzgrN5C

帖子 6402
註冊 2017-12-7
用戶註冊天數 2341
用戶失蹤天數 2132
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-24 00:02 
*** 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽 ***
無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2426
用戶失蹤天數 1773
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-24 01:14 
A third man was yesterday remanded to prison, after being charged with the murder of Regent Multiplex Mall owner, Ganesh ‘Boyo’ Ramlall.Appearing before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan was Kurt ‘Banana’ Erskine,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, 35, of Lot 285 Section C, Golden Grove, East Bank Demerara.The father of four was not required to plead to the indictable charge which alleged that on July 5, 2015, at La Jalousie, West Coast Demerara,China Jerseys For Sale, he murdered Ramlall, during the course of a robbery.Erskine was captured last Friday by police in Georgetown. Police had been trying to locate him for some time, ever since they received reports that he played a major role in the attack.Erskine,Jerseys NFL Cheap, a welder, was represented by Attorney Lyndon Amsterdam. The Attorney told the court that his client is surprised at the charge leveled against him, since the murder occurred almost a year ago. Amsterdam, however, told the court that his client intends to prove his innocence.Police Corporal, Deniro Jones presented the prosecution’s case.The matter was transferred to the Leonora Magistrate’s Court for March 29.Two? other men, Lennox ‘Soldier Man’ Roberts,Cheap MLB Jerseys China, 32, of 2279 Tuschen Housing Scheme, East Bank Essequibo and Fazeel ‘Javed’ Bacchus, 21, of Lot 7 Anna Catherina,Wholesale China Jerseys, West Coast Demerara were charged last year, for killing the businessman. They were arrested after police raided a house at Craig, East Bank Demerara, shortly after the killing.According to reports, on July 5, last,NBA Jerseys China, Ramlall had just returned home from a barbecue and had gone to use an outdoor bathroom at his premises. The 48-year-old businessman was reportedly confronted by four men and was shot to the head and chest. The bandits took his jewellery and a wallet before escaping.Ramlall was later pronounced dead on arrival at the West Demerara Regional Hospital.The assailants had prematurely aborted their attack when an alarm was raised by the businessman’s wife and neighbours.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2426
用戶失蹤天數 1773
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-24 01:57 
A family of four narrowly escaped a fiery death in the wee hours of yesterday morning,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, evading the dilemma mere minutes before their 485 Crane Housing Scheme, West Coast Demerara home was completely gutted.Patriarch of the household, Nigel Williams, is adamant that the fire was nothing less than an act of arson which was intended to “finish” him, his wife and their two sons,China NFL Jerseys, ages seven and 11.They were only able to save the clothes on their backs.Williams, a speedboat operator by profession,Cheap NFL Jerseys, related that it was his reputed wife, Zaimoon Sookram, who heard a window shatter at the front of their house a little after midnight. The entire family was in bed at the time. Upon inspection,Discount NFL Jerseys, Williams said that he observed a flaming Molotov cocktail (channa bomb) which had already come into contact with several flammable items in their sitting room, resulting in a massive blaze.“It was like in less than five seconds the fire spread through the whole hall, so by the time I run out the bedroom to open the door to get the children out of dem room I couldn’t go nowhere. The blind and everything de dun deh pun fire.”Sookram who sustained minor burns on her back, recounted that she was lucky to hear the window shatter as she was just about to get out of bed to go to the bathroom.“As soon as me foot guh fuh touch de ground all I hear by the window was this crash and was like I start see fire right away.”The visibly distraught woman recalled how she hurriedly alerted her sleeping husband to the situation. “Oh God we can’t come out,” Sookram recalled hearing her husband scream.After being able to rescue his children from their room, Williams was forced to wrestle out some bars from a window before taking his sons and wife to safety. Sookram who was the last to be rescued car from the driveway and observed a strange man running away from his premises. “I holla,Jerseys NFL China, boy is you do this to me?” “And he just dash through a bumpy area and fall down. Like he think I woulda run behind he, so he start hollering how he come fuh help.”The man, Williams recalled,China Jerseys Wholesale, assisted him to remove his car from the driveway but disappeared as soon as the car was positioned safely on the roadway.He revealed that although the fire service response was satisfactory, the forthcoming assistance was of no value as nothing was saved.Williams disclosed that he and his family had been living in the house for a mere nine months and estimates his loss in the vicinity of $4.5M.The couple did offer their suspicions as to who could have been the perpetrator of the act, information that has since been relayed to investigating police ranks at the Vreed-en-Hoop Police Station.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2400
用戶失蹤天數 2104
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-24 02:27 
The June criminal sessions of Demerara Assizes opened yesterday morning with Justice James Bovell-Drakes,Cheap Jerseys Online, one of the judges hearing the matters this session, taking the salute and inspecting the Guard of Honour at the ceremonial opening. The ceremony was held on South Road, in front of the Supreme Court. Some 60 ranks from the Tactical Services Unit (TSU) formed the Guard of Honour.Sharing the dais were Justice William Ramlal, who will also be hearing criminal matters this session,China Jerseys, and a panel of other High Court Judges. Some 145 cases are billed for hearing during this criminal session of the court.Matters to be heard include 24 murder cases,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, 21 manslaughter, 15 rape matters, 17 carnal knowledge and ten causing death by dangerous driving.Justice Ramlal will be presiding over panel one which comprises of 73 cases while Justice Bovell-Drakes is presiding over the second panel of 72 cases. This is the third session of the year and it is expected to last three months.This newspaper understands that some 94 cases were billed for the April Session,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, some of which included persons who would have been committed to stand trial, since in some cases,Cheap Jerseys Online, more than 10 years ago.Some persons were committed in 1999, 1998,Wholesale Jerseys China, 1997, 1996, 1995, and in one instance 1986. There is also a huge backlog of criminal cases in the High Court. Kaieteur News understands that at the end of 2007 some 512 matters were pending. That year, a total of 69 depositions were filed in the High Court Registry, Georgetown; 20 in the Sub-Registry, New Amsterdam; and one in Suddie, Essequibo making a total of 90 depositions filed.To this number must be added the pending backlog of 510 depositions making a grand total of 600 indictments to be heard. The judges heard and determined 67 criminal matters in Georgetown, 18 in Berbice and three in Suddie, leaving a total of 512 criminal matters to be heard.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2413
用戶失蹤天數 1889
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-24 02:40 
“Teachers should have incentives, and work for them, gaining a sense of pride. The only real benefit you get from teaching is seeing children you taught succeed as men and women.”By Leon SuseranRose Agnes Dos Ramos is a multi-talented woman and has made the utmost use of that gift.From an early age, she was exposed to the stage and performed, and even won a medal at the then British Guiana Music Festival for Verse Speaking, as well as another award, in 1969. She was brought up very close to the Roman Catholic Convent in New Amsterdam and said that she wanted to become a nun, but somehow found herself in teaching and stuck with that in the years that followed. She has taught for 38 years; had been deeply involved in community life; the Guyana Teachers’ Union; and has still been a mother to many.Whether it is ‘Aunty Rosie’ or ‘Miss Dos Ramos’, her name always elicits a smile.Mrs. Dos Ramos proudly displays the Jean Persico Award she received in 1989Childhood YearsShe was born at Pope Street, New Amsterdam,Cheap Jerseys China, to Harry and Mary de Souza and spent all of her childhood days there. She attended St Mary’s Carmelite Convent School from 1960-1966 after which she wrote the Common Entrance Exam in 1966 and gained a place at the Berbice High School. In June 1972,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, she wrote the General Certificate of Education and obtained three subjects.“I came from a very large family— eleven of us”, she recalled. “We had love in the family…there were times as a little girl that I used to sell old newspapers. Those days the tailors used to buy papers to wrap up the clothes.” She used to save that money to buy gifts for everyone at Christmastime.She developed that sharing spirit from early.“From very young I learnt to give, because my mother’s policy was ‘if you bring it home, you had to share it’. If you got something you didn’t want to share, you had to eat it outside.”She was also tasked with taking baskets to the poor, with the assistance of her father.Rose was deeply involved in drama, poetry and singing. Catholic nun, the late Sister Rose Magdalene, nurtured her talent.Never one to be afraid of the limelight, Rose admits that she may have a little stage-fright at times, but does not show it. “I might feel a bit nervous but I get over it quickly. I don’t show my nervousness, and once I get into it, it goes, because I have been on stage since five years old, so crowds don’t bother me… plus I have a loud voice.”TeachingRose was offered a job at the Infant of Prague Nursery School for a year, 1972-1973. That school is Trinity Street Nursery in the town today. The budding teacher then applied for a job at St Therese’s Primary, where she spent most of her career— 34 fruitful and memorable years to be exact.She began as a Pupil Teacher and was successful at the teachers’ exams after which she entered In- Service Teacher training at the Cyril Potter College of Education from 1980-1982, optioning in Social Studies and Music and Drama. She taught all levels at the primary school and spent a lot of time teaching the Grade 6 level.A family portrait“I really didn’t want to teach; I wanted to become a nun and I never had teaching in mind…but that didn’t work out so I started teaching and I was going to use it (teaching) as a stepping stone,Cheap China Jerseys, but then I liked it and stayed,” she reflected.She was appointed Assistant Mistress in 1982 and Senior Assistant Mistress in 1989 after which she assumed the positions of Senior Mistress in 1998 and acting Deputy Head Mistress from January 2000.Rose later applied to transfer to the Edinburgh Primary School in the same region where she was appointed Head Mistress in January 2008 and would complete her longstanding career there as an educationist, and a respected one at that. The school that same year performed exceedingly well at the SSEE. She retired three years later.She vividly recalls giving free lessons to students. “That was one of the things I am proud of…I would keep everybody in the afternoons and we worked; we did reinforcement work in the afternoon so the children who could not afford it could have had lessons.”“Teaching does not have too many benefits; that’s why I say, for instance, it makes little difference if you fight for salary increases, because the cost of living goes up shortly after. Teachers should have incentives, and work for them, gaining a sense of pride. The only real benefit you get from teaching is seeing children you taught succeed as men and women.”Rose was also involved in writing of text books for the Easy Path series in Social Studies as a Committee Member in 1994.A touch of PoliticsMaking a simple, but earnest appeal (with her husband) to the President in May last, for a new East Bank Berbice roadAn unpleasant taste of poli