Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2410
用戶失蹤天數 2114
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-27 05:15 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
JOHNS, PORT MOURANT – The Cyril Potter College of Education (CPCE) is now housed at the Johns location of the University of Guyana Berbice Campus (UGBC).Director of the UGBC Professor Daizal R. Samad said some 126 teacher trainees are to make use of the campus from Monday to Friday free of charge for the next year.Professor Samad, at the welcoming ceremony last week, gave the assurance that facilities would be made available to these teachers at no inconvenience to students of the Berbice Campus and at all times,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, the rules governing the facility must be upheld.The Professor assumed the position as Director of the Berbice Campus 22 months ago and is working towards moving it in new directions.“We have included in our embrace primary school education, secondary school education,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, police training and education, teacher training, farmer education, professional education, community police education, and so on. That you staff and students of CPCE are here at our Campus is part of that vision which sees the creation of corridors of collaboration and communication between all aspects of community life, especially in education.”The process to relocate began after Professor Samad visited the old site – J.C. Chandisingh Secondary School a few months ago and had a firsthand look at the conditions under which teachers were being taught. He called it inappropriate. According to him, the point is that if teachers are trained under better circumstances then end result would be a plus for the nation as a whole.“Teacher trainees sat in clumps on low and shaky benches,China NFL Jerseys, and one could smell the age of these pieces of furniture…My thought was that it must be demoralizing for these people who are meant to go out and teach our children to be constructive and contributory members of a society. And it must make teaching these teachers a challenge even greater than the great challenge of teaching. My instinct was to change it all, improve it all, make it better for you and for the college you attend.”Beginning last Monday, the teacher trainees are now deriving benefits from more equipment, spacious classrooms, new office space, rooms for computers and arrangements for connectivity, air conditioning units and lecturers’ rooms among other things. The University constructed a cafeteria almost three weeks ago and a document centre is in place at Johns.According to him, relocation was a collaborative effort with the Ministry of Education through the Permanent Secretary, Pulander Kandhai, Technical Advisor,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Mr. Olato Sam and other key players being very instrumental. There were some rough patches.“There were serious objections from Turkeyen. It was singularly unpleasant, and it occurred to me that after spending decades in Canada and the USA, In Asia and Southeast Asia, In Africa and the Middle East and in none of these places did I ever have my integrity questioned, I now had to return to Guyana to be accused of serious wrong-doings. But we all persisted,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, and here you are now.”The Director is now making the necessary representation to have the Regional Administration carry out some remedial work on the access road to the campus. The lighting system is to be upgraded and dialogue would be held with representatives of the Guyana Police Force to encourage frequent mobile patrols.During the ceremony, on behalf of the Chairman of the CPCE Oloto Sam, Mrs. Norma Stuart, Head, CPCE (Secondary),China Jerseys, Berbice lauded the Vice Chancellor of the University of Guyana and the Administration both at Turkeyen and Berbice for the support. Professor Samad was singled out for praise for the role he played in making the move possible.Mrs. Stuart said it is necessary for the two to work in tandem in order to improve the quality of teachers in Guyana, “This collaboration fits well within our plans for a linked Associates Degree and Bachelor in Education program which will commence shortly. Even further, it embodies the type of connection that should exist at all levels of the education system and bodes well for the future development of the educational services provided at both institutions.”At the University of Guyana Berbice Campus there are two locations – the main one is at Tain (25 kilometers from New Amsterdam) and the other at Johns which is about a kilometer away from the first. The Johns facility houses the Agricultural and Natural Science Faculties.