yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-10 12:54 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…after refusing to give evidence against two policemenThe owner and staffers of the White Castle Fish Shop were yesterday made to pay $50,000 each in court costs, after they refused to offer evidence against police officers they claimed assaulted them in an incident that happened five months ago.The owner, Jermaine Langevine, and his employees, Delon Williams and Pearl Haynes,Jerseys NFL China, faced Magistrate Judy Latchman who said that they wasted the court’s precious time and stationery. They have to pay the court costs or spend seven days in prison.Prior to this, Sergeant Leon Lindo and Police Constable Dave Persaud had appeared before Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry to answer charges of malicious wounding against the three.The police claimed that on August 5th,Cheap NFL Jerseys, the ranks entered the White Castle Fish Shop,Cheap NFL Jerseys, a popular hangout spot on Hadfield Street,NFL Cheap Jerseys, and ordered Langevine to turn off his music which they claimed was too loud.As a result, an argument developed between the ranks and staffers. The policemen were alleged to have used their guns to assault Langevine,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Williams and Haynes.The cops had pleaded not guilty and were placed on $50,000 bail each.Before Magistrate Latchman,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, the three complainants changed their minds about giving evidence in the matter and told the court that they no longer wished to pursue the issue against the ranks.They entered the witness box and swore that they were not threatened or for fear of their lives and thus bringing the matter to an end.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-10 12:58 
Some of the students at the recent BBBSG mentorship programme.The Big Brothers,Cheap Jerseys From China, Big Sisters of Guyana entity (BBBSG) recently trained over 30 mentors who were taught the basics of mentoring, how to communicate effectively with a child, self awareness,Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys, recognizing the personality of a child, how to be a good role-model using role-plays of different scenarios employing effective mentoring skills, among other things.To date over sixty 60 mentors have been trained to provide one-on-one mentoring and guidance to children in five selected schools in Georgetown.The programme is the brainchild of Volunteer Youth Corps VYC, which has been contributing to various initiatives aimed at enhancing the lives of the less fortunate and disadvantaged children in Guyana.Consequently, in an effort to impact the lives of our children and youth directly, the organization has embarked on establishing the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) Mentorship Program in Guyana.The School-based mentoring programme offers an opportunity for a trained,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, caring adult to provide academic assistance to a child who may be struggling to keep up with the general class, or who may be having behavioral issues at home or school, ultimately helping the targeted persons to develop to their fullest potential.The individual attention takes the form of the mentor investing just one hour per week of their time to a child between the ages of 6-18 years who is ‘at risk’- affected by poverty, illiteracy and encountering difficulties in social and academic areas.According to the facilitators, this intervention makes a significant impact on the life of the child.According to sources, this programme, seeks to give ‘at risk’ children the opportunity to interact with someone older, more matured and more knowledgeable than they are. This mentor proves to be one on whom these at-risk children can rely for guidance and assistance in dealing with many of the various challenges they may be faced with.This is in essence a literal “Big Brother or Big Sister” as known to these children.All that is required is, according to BBBSG officials, a desire to help, time and energy, and a learning attitude.In a brief interview, officials noted that the simple act of exposing a child to goals, dreams, or hobbies can open a new world of possibilities for a ‘little one’ whose home environment may not provide them with a chance to dream of a bright future for themselves.A basketball workshop was hosted earlier as part of the programme.Some activities that mentors carry out with their charges include penmanship,Nike NFL Jerseys China, homework assistance, playing games, sharing a hobby or just learning about each other. Just by sharing activities from one’s daily life you can help at-risk children reach their fullest potential.“Mentoring is about leading by example and we believe it is the missing link,” one of the organisers said.“Therefore, without caring adult support during a crucial time in their life, children will be ill-equipped to develop their skills and knowledge to become an important contributor to their country’s future,” the organizer added.The Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring program is proven to be effective in helping children make important decisions.According to sources affiliated with the project, the venture has proven to impact positively on children’s school attendance and academic performance, diminish violent behavior, and almost eliminate the use of drugs and alcohol.A volunteer Big Brother or Big Sister helps a young person have a better sense of self and a positive view of the future.A mentoring relationship empowers both young people and adults to be active in their community, creating possibilities for both the mentor and the mentee.?What is Mentoring?Mentoring is a sustained, close, developmental relationship between an older, more experienced individual and a younger person with the goal of building character and competence on the part of the mentee.Benefits for the mentor include increased motivation; new insights and perspectives, an opportunity for self-development, increased self-esteem, feeling of worth, the chance to positively influence the next generation,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, enhanced peer recognition and lasting impact on a childIt must be noted that males are matched with boys and females are matched with girls. At present, there is a shortage of male mentors.Mentoring is most certainly a worthwhile endeavor, and according to BBBSG Coordinator, Mrs. Miriam Corlette-Williams is also providing children/youth with a positive role model, preferably s

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-10 15:50 
Angry residents of Laing Avenue are calling on the relevant authorities to properly investigate the circumstances surrounding the unlawful search of Alisha Shortt’s home.The woman,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, who resides at 144 Laing Avenue, had her house searched and ransacked by members of the Guyana Police Force, yesterday.Shortt,cheap jerseys from china, who was not at home at the time of the search,NFL Jerseys China, said that the police said that they were informed that a wanted man was living at the premises.Shortt said that she was informed by her neighbours that the police came to her house around 8:00am yesterday just after she had left to take her children to school.The woman explained that her front and back doors were broken down by the police. She is also alleging that the police stole a DVD player,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, one touch screen cell phone, her passport, $10,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Online,000 in local currency and a quantity of foodstuff.She further stated that the policemen ransacked the two bedrooms, kitchen and living room. Both beds in each room were broken.“I want de police tell me is where my two children going to sleep because they can’t sleep on de ground because the children suffering from asthma” Shortt explained.She explained to this newspaper that her reputed husband has a brother who was recently released from prison.“Meh child father brother just come out of jail and they say he living here,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, but he don’t be here” Shortt explained.The woman went on record stating that she hasn’t seen her brother-in-law since his release from prison. Police sources have also confirmed that two persons were arrested and taken into custody.? Up to press time the persons were assisting with investigations.Police sources yesterday told this newspaper that the search was in connection with Thursday night’s robbery that left one bandit dead and an employee of a private security firm nursing a gunshot wound to the elbow.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2362
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-11 11:50 
Coming hot on the heels of the recently concluded Back to School Dental Outreach,holesale NFL Jerseys, Digicel paid a visit to the students and teachers of the Kingston Secondary School to present students with back to school items.The institution which is located within the same community as the Company’s Head Office saw a positive reaction to the gesture by the cellular phone company as the students welcomed the Digicel representatives including Sponsorship & Events Manager, Louanna Abrams.“Digicel has for many years been involved in several community activities in Kingston. This year was no different. We decided to pay a visit to this school today since it is part of the same community we are a part of. We have been giving back to the community, especially around Christmas time and the back to school period,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, where we would go door to door and give school items to the children in the area,China NFL Jerseys,” Abrams said.This year, however,Discount NFL Jerseys, Digicel visited the Secondary School and provided each student, new and continuing,Cheap NHL Jerseys, with snacks,Wholesale Jerseys From China, water bottles and lunch packs.Headmistress Ms. Rowena Seymour expressed sincere thanks and appreciation to Digicel for taking time to come to share with the students.Abrams said that this is not the only school that will benefit from its Back to School initiative. The company has several other distributions planned.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1734
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-12 04:26 
“I’m not a robber man but once your name call in a previous incident you are being targeted,” is the contention of a shot and handcuffed Shawn Thom from his hospital bed.The 37 year old father of three,Wholesale Jerseys, a former murder accused, is suspected to be part of a gang that trails and robs travelers from the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, but he says the police are trying to frame him.On Wednesday last,Jerseys From China, Thom, of Third Street,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, Alexander Village, was shot during an alleged confrontation with police and although he has been officially discharged, he is still a patient under guard at the Georgetown Public Hospital’s Male Surgical Ward.Detailing his version of Wednesday’s events that led to his shooting, Thom was adamant that he was not at the airport on the night in question but rather picked up two men in the vicinity of La Penitence Market.He alleged that the men gave the Seawalls by Celina’s as their destination. “When the car was nearing Lamaha and Vlissingen road they paid me with a $5000 bill for which I didn’t have change,Cheap Jerseys China, so we went to a pools bar by Stanley and Barr Street.” He said he opted to remain by his car watching the men while they went for change when a dark colored Toyota Tundra pulled up. “The Tundra with tint pulled up with no lights at the same time that one of his men who went to get change was headed back in my direction.”Whoever was in the vehicle opened the four doors while issuing an order. “Dem seh ‘y’all come’, and before I could make a step towards them, they started licking shots.” He attributed fear to his reason for running for his life. “I didn’t know is who nor why they deh shooting, so I make a dash? to get to the Kitty Police Station but I spot the Tundra again and I run in a yard and hide and then some police come and start search and I come out after I hear one say he is a Police Corporal.”Thom, a former Purchasing Officer at Didco, maintaining that he was not a thief, said that he gave himself up and also stated that he has a relative who is a Police Corporal. However he said he thinks he may have made a mistake in stating that. “When I say that I got a family who is a police, the one who said he is a Police Corporal pull me aside, press he gun against my leg and willfully shoot me in my foot so I couldn’t move anymore.”Responding to questions about his life as a criminal Shawn Thom admitted that he spent five years in jail but was last February released along with Orin David, on a not guilty verdict for the 2010 murder of Mahaica businessman, Lakhram Bishundial.He said since his last ordeal, for which he continued to claim his innocence,Cheap Jerseys From China, he has been trying his best to stay out of trouble but it seems that trouble is following him.“To be honest is me and me wife buy this car and I does wuk taxi but I don’t go out nowhere anymore,? is taxi wuk and home because I have me three children to live for so this here is hard on me right now. I’m not any robber man,” he said.According to the police, about 23:00 hrs on Wednesday,Wholesale Jerseys USA, police ranks confronted the occupants of a motor vehicle at Barr Street, Kitty, Georgetown.This was after ranks got information that the occupants of the car were trailing someone from the airport to Barr Street, Kitty.The ranks alleged that they came under fire from the occupants of the car and returned fire, wounding Shawn Thom while his alleged accomplice managed to escape.According to the police an unlicensed .38 revolver with three live rounds and two spent shells were recovered and the motor vehicle seized by the police.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1734
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-12 04:59 
Public servants should expect the 10% increase in their pay packages by the end of the month.This disclosure was made by Minister of Finance Winston Jordan at a press briefing,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, yesterday.Back in August, the Government had announced a 10% wage increase for public servants.The initial proposal of the Guyana Public Service Union (GPSU) was for a 40% across-the-board increase for public servants. The union had also requested that allowances be included in the negotiations.However following negotiations with the (GPSU),Wholesale Jerseys Online, President David Granger announced that based on the country’s current indebtedness,Cheap NFL Jerseys, the 10% offer is the most feasible. “It is not unjust. It is perhaps what can be afforded at the moment.”He admitted that when APNU–AFC Government went into office “we did not anticipate the volume of indebtedness of the Guyana Sugar Corporation and the fall in prices of other national commodities such as bauxite, gold and timber.The government had made a final offer of a 10 percent increase in salaries for public servants working earning below $99,000,NFL Jerseys From China, and has made an offer of 1-6% for other categories of workers.According to a statement issued, the Government of Guyana (GoG) and the Guyana Public Service Union (GPSU) concluded discussions on Wages and Salaries for Public Servants within the Bargaining Unit for 2016. The negotiations were conducted in the spirit of cordiality and mutual respect,China Jerseys Cheap, and were consistent with the obligations of the Memorandum of Agreement between the Guyana Public Service Union and the Public Service Ministry for the Avoidance and Settlement of Disputes.The negotiations were conducted within a two-month period from June 22, 2016 to August 24, 2016, during which period both the GoG and the GPSU presented proposals.The GoG’s proposal took into consideration the fundamental need for a restructured Public Service which included the adjustment of scales for wages and salaries; the implementation of a merit increment system; and a resolution of the issue of de-bunching. It was pointed out to the union,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, that each of these would entail an additional cost to Government and result in increased earnings for Public Servants.However the GOG’s proposal was rejected by the union. It was pointed out to the GPSU that the GoG’s final offer for wage and salary increases for Public Servants had taken into consideration the current socio-economic environment; the difficulty in agreeing to increases that would entail having to raise additional revenue and the unsustainability of any further addition to its offer with regard to the current and future budgets.