yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2440
用戶失蹤天數 2116
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-11 10:13 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– Second in three daysBy Rustom SeegopaulAnother murder has rocked the West Bank Demerara community of Goed Fortuin, the second in three days.Following Monday’s brutal slaying of 25-year-old Nafeeza Khan, in a domestic dispute, Kenneth Allen,NFL Jerseys Clearance, 27, of Goed Fortuin Squatting Area, was stabbed to death by a man said to be a drug addict, who frequents the area, during an altercation that saw Allen playing the role of a peacemaker.Khan lived a mere four doors from where the latest killing occurred.At about 21:30 hours on Wednesday, residents said that Kenneth Allen was stabbed about his body by a man identified as Ken, and who was said to be of unsound mind.Dead: Kenneth Allen Claiming to have seen the entire incident, one resident said that Allen was sitting on the culvert of a bridge ‘having a few drinks’ with a friend, identified only as Anand, who had only recently returned from Venezuela.The eyewitness said that four men, Ken among them, approached Anand and began to ‘make trouble’ with him. Shortly after this, it has been reported, a small fight began between Anand and the four other men.At this point, Allen stepped in and asked the four men to desist from bullying Anand, who was described as a small built man, according to the eyewitness.Allen apparently continued to tell the four men that they should not hit Anand, and at this point,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,‘Ken’ reportedly moved away from Anand and chucked Allen.The eyewitness said that Allen pushed ‘Ken’ in return, and a scuffle ensued.Another eyewitness said that she saw ‘Ken’ making a ‘stabbing motion’ in Allen’s direction.They said they heard Allen cry out, “Boy, rest yuh self, yuh done spillin’ meh blood.”But the fight continued, moving from the bridge, down the street and ending up at a neighbour’s fence. Allen was thrown to the ground and,Wholesale Jerseys, according to the eyewitness, was stabbed repeatedly as he lay on the ground.Members of Allen’s family, who apparently saw the entire altercation from the veranda of a nearby house, rushed downstairs to Allen’s assistance. One of the dead man’s aunts said that when she got to him, her nephew was gasping for breath and bleeding profusely.She said she ran back into the house to get some money and summon a taxi to take her wounded relative to the West Demerara Regional Hospital,Cheap Jerseys Outlet, but when she returned to his side, just minutes later, he had stopped breathing.Some 20 minutes later,NFL Jerseys Supply, the taxi arrived, and Allen was taken to the hospital. The ambulance, which was also summoned,Cheap Jerseys From China, arrived after Allen had already been taken to the hospital, neighbours said.At the hospital the man was pronounced dead.? He had sustained stab wounds to his shoulders and lower back and sustained punctured lungs.In the wake of the stabbing the assailant reportedly fled the community, something that the residents say he does whenever he ‘misbehaves’. They added that one place of refuge is a house in Mocha, East Bank Demerara.Allen’s reputed wife, Bhagwandai Persaud, told this newspaper that while she is saddened by her husband’s death, there was not much she could do. “I can’t do nothing. De police gah fuh do dem job and find de man,” said Persaud.She added that she had no idea how she would be able to explain to her two-month-old daughter that her father had died.Speaking with the police at La Grange Station, Kaieteur News was informed that the police had not ‘detained anyone’ despite reports from Ken’s family that the police picked him up early yesterday morning.But some residents said that the assailant’s family is lying. “He is in Mocha, where he will lie low until the matter has blown never.”In the wake of the killing, the police came to Allen’s family and took statements. They also said that Anand is in police custody and is helping them with their investigations.Allen was employed as a carpenter and as a mason. He is survived by a reputed wife of six years, and two children, the two-month-old and a five-year-old.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2413
用戶失蹤天數 2116
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-11 11:49 
By Sharmaine GiftEver since school days I have had a passion for writing,Cheap Jerseys From China, so when I noticed an advertisement in the Kaieteur Newspaper requesting anyone with such traits to apply for the position of a journalist, I immediately jumped to the challenge.Much to my astonishment, I discovered that writing for newspaper and writing for fun were two diverse concepts. It was a brand new learning experience for me and even though my tenure at Kaieteur News has been very brief, I have garnered a different perspective of news gathering and journalism in general.My first impression was that writing for the press was no cakewalk. There were certain statutes that had to be observed; certain ethical criteria that ought not to be ignored. Writing took on a new perspective.Ethical considerations are of paramount importance and one of the fundamental lessons that I have learnt was that while delivering the truth to the readership is a primary objective of an article, the ability to portray the truth through evidence is of far more importance.Journalism is the fourth estate and I have learnt that journalists are required to represent the interests of society without bias. Journalists are society’s gatekeepers and they should be wary of their responsibilities even as they dispense the news. Of importance also is the fact that we live in a heterogeneous society and the readership may consist of different classes, religions,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, categories and characteristics.It is,Soccer Jerseys China, therefore,Cheap Jerseys 2018, important that in presenting news reports, journalists ought to exercise extreme caution since one false word may distort a news story and present an unfavorable twist.The journalist must deliver the news in such a way as to serve a common purpose and fulfillment of major interests as well. Any presentation or writing of a journalist should reflect society’s interest regarding its belief, ideas, religion and rituals. The writing of a journalist should be inspiring not only in keeping with social harmony but also in achieving social development at the same time.Journalism exposed me to aspects of the judiciary; such knowledge taught me to exercise caution when dealing with judicial matters. I now have a totally different perspective of the judicial processes. Libelous or defamatory presentation, talking with someone,Cheap China NFL Jerseys, any organization or group involved in litigation is not permitted and should be avoided by the journalist. Slanderous and derogatory writings or pictures may instantly affect the persons involved once they are released into the public domain.A journalist should have sincerity and commitment towards the profession. Investigating issues are important if one is to demonstrate the traits of a good journalist. The presentation must be truthful and unbiased while demonstrating fairness in the dispensation of the news.I was extremely astonished to discover that with all of this knowledge,Wholesale Jerseys Online, I had merely touched the tip of the iceberg. There is much to be learnt and I have only just settled down with notebook and pencil, determined to acquire much more in service to society.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2426
用戶失蹤天數 1902
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-11 19:04 
–?? ?All contractors given commencement letters since March Works are underway on the several villages of the East Coast Demerara Public road beginning from Montrose to De Endragt,China NFL Jerseys, East Coast Demerara. However, Dipcon Engineering Services and Courtney Benn Contracting Service only started this week.Contractors were given their letters to commence works since March last. Compustruct started works last month end. A tour on the East Coast revealed that on the Southern section of Triumph,NFL Jerseys Clearance, East Coast Demerara the slippage caused a tomb to collapse in a nearby cemetery. This can cause more damage to the existing public road if not contained.The damaged Triumph Public road.Even with slow progress in the move to transform the East Coast Demerara Public Road into four lanes,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, contractors have 12 months to complete works on various lots and sections of the road that they were awarded through tendering process. If not completed within the stipulated timeframe, the Public Works Ministry can institute penalties and liquidated damages based on the amount of work completed within the timeframe.Works for Lots One and Two were awarded to Dipcon Engineering Services which covers road-widening from Montrose to Golden Grove,NFL Jerseys China, East Coast Demerara to the tune of $671M. The construction firm was also awarded a $328M contract to construct Lot Five (Triumph to Mon Repos). The Engineer’s estimate was $231.1 million.Lot Three was awarded to Courtney Benn Contracting Services Limited for the road widening project from La Bonne Intention to Beterverwagting,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, East Coast Demerara to the tune of $349M. The Engineer’s Estimate was $264.2 million.Meanwhile,Cheap Jerseys, Lot Four, from Beterverwagting to Triumph, was awarded to Compustruct at a value of $322M. It was advertised at an estimated cost of $241 million. And, Lot Six, which extends from Mon Repos to De Endragt was awarded to Talbot to the tune of $345M. The estimate was $$246.4 million.However, the Triumph, East Coast Demerara Public road which is in a deplorable condition with a continuous crack running along the centre of the road with the shoulders slipping into the drains have been a major concern for drivers.According to Traffic/Road Safety Engineer of the Ministry of Public Works and Communications, Nigel Erskine, works have begun on the construction of retaining concrete drains in 40 feet lengths which aid in stabilizing the shoulders of the roadway, while bag filled materials are being placed to also aid with retaining the structure.He explained that works on Lot four will be more technical since there is only a four feet difference from the carriageway, unlike other sections in other lots. There are also areas being filled with and compacted with sand.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2426
用戶失蹤天數 1902
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-11 19:46 
Days after residents of Kingston woke up to an unusual flooding which caused as much as three feet of contaminated water to invade their homes and caused severe losses and discomfort; they are inquiring why no Government authority visited their abode to inspect the damage. They say that this should have been the case because the flooding could have been avoided.It was determined that the koker attendant had slept away Thursday night last after drinking with the foreman,NFL Jerseys China, thus the resultant flooding as the koker was left open.One of the beds in a flooded homeMany residents of Barrack Street who spoke with this publication said that the situation was very frustrating since they have suffered significant damage.According to Glen Rossan, of 36, Fort Street, Kingston, the sudden flooding caused his furniture to be damaged. He was also forced to repair his washing machine and refrigerator,Nike NFL Jerseys China, since they were in the water at the time of the flooding.“Right after I noticed the flooding I ran and pulled out the plugs from the drop cords, since it was on the floor where my children could have been if the water and electricity had met.”He explained that most of the expensive items could not have been removed from the ground. His furniture was severely damaged by the water which swelled the material.“The water was rising all around me at the same time. It was not like if it was rising in one area…Now when we start to clean up and nearly done,Cheap Jerseys Paypal, the rains came down hard and the drains were still flooded which caused the house to be flooded again.”Roberta Grogan of Lot 5,cheap jerseys from china, Fort Street,Wholesale Jerseys China, Kingston said that the flood caused undue stress and created unwanted expense, since food had to be ordered, money had to be spent on detergents for cleaning inside her home, and furniture had to be placed on her bed in order for them not to be damaged by the contaminated water.“The water came up so high that the sewage spreading with the water. My son had to bring long boots (Wellington) for me. I get up 6:00hrs that morning and noticed the water rising up quickly and I called out to the neighbours who didn’t believe me when I said we were having a flood. I thought the seawall had been breached.”She called the Office of the President, and a security guard answered the call and related to her that he would inform the President about the flooding. However,China NBA Jerseys, to date no Government official has visited the area to understand the plight of the residents.“I hope this never happens ever again. Not even the Minister didn’t even come to see how people doing to help them.”A female resident of lot 34, Fort Street, Kingston said persons had to even move out of their respective homes because of the stench that came with the floodwaters.She explained that it smelt as if the water was mixed with lots of sewage in addition to garbage that was floating around. “The garbage truck didn’t come for the whole week and when the flood come everybody garbage just floating around the place, even in people home. The place smelt awful. Even dead rats were found floating.”Angela Marshall of Lot 7C Kingston said that she was placed in undue expense as a result of the flooding which caused her home to smell rancid. “The water was smelling real rank and bad, I wanted to vomit the Saturday morning, I had to remove my vinolay and clean up this place and I almost get real sick with the flood water.”