yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-12 03:43 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Leonard GildarieNormally, I would wait until Old Year’s Day to start thinking about the new year and what I would love to do if I had the time,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, opportunity, money and more wisdom.We have a long Christmas this year; it started on Friday – Christmas Day.After the last decade of struggling, having a real tough time finding my footing, I think I am ready to just kick back for the season and have a jolly good time with the family.We need that time out from the everyday hustle and bustle.The last couple of years have become easier for me and I grew a little older, with less hair, I started looking at life a little differently.My job is no longer a job. It is a joy. I look forward to it every day because I see the changes that come from it. I see the happiness in people’s eyes.Smartphones and the internet have made life so much easier for work and if you are an organized person,Jerseys NFL China, much stuff can be done away from office.This week as I sat in the office and listened to Glenn Lall,Wholesale Jerseys, our Publisher, updating staffers about the strides made by Kaieteur News, he spoke about a visit he had to India a few weeks ago. He told about the poverty; about the existence of modern day slavery and a class system that essentially segregates citizens to almost animals.I will get flak for daring to talk about a country that has been hailed as one of the fastest growing in the world. India has been a significant partner in Guyana with National Stadium and now the Specialty Hospital.I once saw a 2003 Chris Rock movie with him, a black man, running for Presidency of the US. In it, Rock plays?Mays Gilliam, who while debating his opponent, insisted that one cannot talk about solving hunger and poverty problems unless both have been experienced. Those words have stayed with me over the years.I have gone across Guyana and seen poverty, yet it seems nothing compared to what India has. Imagine thousands and thousands of persons living on the streets, eating there, bathing there, growing up there. Imagine you can’t give them a cent if you are a tourist and imagine they are barred from visiting certain places. It is hard to believe.We look towards to the Middle East and Al Jazeera television would give a good insight of how millions of persons are living because of war. There are camps where children literally grow up in tents, never venturing out beyond the barbed wires.We come to Guyana. I am not sure on the coastlands whether it can be said that anybody is starving. There is too much food. There is poverty, with a significant number of single parents.In many of the new housing schemes, many families live day-to-day, pay day to pay day.Yes, life is tough, but we are still to see definitive figures which indicate that starvation is a major problem.The last two weeks, my inbox was filled with invitations from various organizations and individuals to cover some lunch or party or donation. It became overwhelming. One of the reporters received a tongue-lashing after he questioned a man who wanted coverage for donating 15 books to a convalescent home.The past week, our organization, Guyana Pride Foundation, held a Christmas party for over 300 children and 50 senior citizens of the Grove/Diamond area.Thanks to a number of good businessmen and volunteers,Cheap NFL Jerseys, it went well. It also left a dent in my pockets. I am not a rich man, but the joy in the eyes of those who received gifts and hampers, is beyond words.The foundation, thanks to organizations like Food For The Poor and others,China Jerseys Cheap, has been giving out Christmas annually for several years now. Volunteering can sometimes be thankless.Throughout it all, I could not help but wonder how many unfortunate families there are out there that will do without.We are not starving. We have potential as a country that has been classified as a developing one. We should be far ahead of the game, but our politicians have been narrow-minded, selfish and corrupt. They refuse to cooperate and practice partisan politics. It is about time that we demand more of them. It is time to put country first.A new Government is in place.We are celebrating Christmas once again. Where will we be in another year? Can we not see that giving mood every day? Every week? Every month? I have said it before. The city is changing. It is starting to look good. I feel proud. We have received reports that some level of corruption is involved in the granting of contracts for the cleanup, but a difference is being seen and felt.I understand that business only picked up in the last few days leading up to Christmas.Did the new Government do anything to ignite the spending which in t