hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2376
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-13 21:19 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– fuel purchases, school maintenance,Cheap Hockey Jerseys, drainage works in jeopardy The operations of Region Four (Demerara/Mahaica) is in a crisis situation after millions of dollars, representing budgetary allocations, have not been released by Central Government.Yesterday, Regional Chairman, Clement Corlette, said the withheld monies are seriously affecting the operations of several contracts already awarded with no funds available for fuel purchases.Crucial repairs to schools and health facilities have been delayed and as of Friday,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, the region was forced to seek overdraft facilities to ensure some critical operations continue.“I am totally dissatisfied with the (none) releases to the region…and it is becoming a crisis now,” Corlette said.Region Four Chairman, Clement CorletteThe region is given monies under two specific groupings to carry out its operations- recurrent and capital.For this year, the Chairman disclosed, some $160M have been allocated for capital works to upkeep the Regional Democratic Council (RDC) as well as to carry out developmental works.Almost $2.4B is also earmarked for the recurrent expenses, which includes salaries.“The worrying thing is that to date, we have only been given $31.8M about 20 per cent of the capital expenditure and we are already in the fifth month.”According to Corlette, already the region has committed almost $61M to capital works, including the building of an operator’s house at Triumph and critical revetment works at Cane Grove.For the release of monies to pay expenses like wages, only $722M has been released, with almost $450M of this going to pay salaries alone.“Nobody is explaining to us at the region why the monies are not being released. Early this week, I will be writing to the Ministries on this.”The money situation has put a strain on the fuel purchasing for the region,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, putting in jeopardy the running of key drainage equipment. While almost $42M was allocated for fuel this year, only $10M has been released, Corlette claimed.Almost $68M has been set aside for public works which included maintenance of buildings, roads and other infrastructure.“Not a cent has arrived as yet. We are in the fifth month and nobody saying anything. This is causing us embarrassment as people are becoming concerned.”In the case of education for the region where $80m was allocated for maintenance and rentals, only $320,000 has arrived, the official disclosed.“We have been trying to get the Ministry of Finance people and nobody is explaining. I called (Friday) for the Minister and his Permanent Secretary (Ministry of Local Government) but I was told that they were both out of the jurisdiction. The Finance Secretary was also unavailable.”According to Corlette, he is hoping that the current situation is not designed to stagnate the region’s progress.The non-release of the funds started to become apparent last month and it was questioned by councilors who noticed that some of the contracts that were awarded were not inspected as scheduled.“Our Clerk/Region Executive Officer, who is on leave now, indicated that representation was made to the ministry for the monies. I was told that some monies would be released by Friday but checks have revealed that nothing came in. I believe that it is time that the people know of the situation and not blame the region’s administration.”In the area of Drainage and Irrigation,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, while $85M was allocated for this year, just over $1M has been released, Corlette said.“By Monday, I will be writing the relevant departments. Most contractors need advances and I have serious concerns,Jerseys Wholesale, what kind of repercussions we may have in the execution of contracts. While some contractors will work without their advances,Cheap NFL Jerseys, in the end, they will need their money.”Earlier this year, police arrested the Region Four Executive Officer, Shafdar Ali, for alleged wrongdoings. An audit at the regional administration office found widespread instances of inflated prices on purchases, illegal payments, flawed procurement and other irregularities, costing the region millions of dollars.No charges have been laid as yet and there has been deafening silence from the Government on the investigations.Kaieteur News was unable to make contact with officials of the Ministry of Finance.