yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2410
用戶失蹤天數 1756
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-13 23:54 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…two more soldiers come forwardZena HenryThe Guyana Defence Force (GDF) seems genuinely committed to assisting victims of that mysterious explosion at Camp Groomes. But is enough being done for those who suffered lost toes and damaged ear drums, and sustained severe injuries in that deadly mishap several years ago at one time the Force’s largest ammunition site?“No,” says the ranks that had the near-death experience 13 years ago and survived.Samuel Archer, 35, and Wendell Cort, 33, in an earlier report expressed dissatisfaction with the army’s treatment. They charged that 13 years after the incident, they had received no compensation; only a $35,000 salary that ceased in September of last year.They were released from the army with no salaries after being deemed medically unfit. The men however highlighted that they still suffer mentally and physically from the events of Camp Groomes, and to add insult to injury, the army had without notification, discharged them and stopped their salaries.Chief of Staff Commodore Gary Best however declared in a press statement Saturday that the men will be returned to the GDF payroll and admitted that their initial release was a genuine mistake. He assured that the Camp Groomes victims will receive their pay until they attain their respective pension ages.Two more injured soldiers have however come forward to tell their tale and to ask the question, “Why have they (GDF) forsaken us?” They too are saying that enough is not being done for them, since, after Camp Groomes, none of their lives have been normal.Calvin Lewis,NFL Jerseys China, 31, said he was only 18-years-old when he joined the army; a few months before the life changing event that still haunts him today. Lewis is now a horse cart operator and he trades in small appliances. He said he receives a sick pension of about $18,000 and a NIS sum of about $12,000 monthly, but this is quite inadequate.Before relating the horrible events of Camp Groomes, Lewis broke into tears.Four of those injured at Camp Groomes: Lewis, Archer, Cort and Samuels“Why something like this should happen to me? I was so young,” he stated.He lost three toes,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, and is disfigured from the knees down. To this day, the lad is unable to walk long distances and stand for long periods, since both of his feet suffered third degree burns.They ooze on a regular basis and have to be permanently strapped.? According to him, “My feet never get better. It does ooze all the time and de liquid does get thick, thick like cold and stink. It does scratch so much but no matter what I do, I never get relief. ”“The army is not doing enough for me. No one has ever visited me; asked how I am doing… nothing. I had to work so hard to buy this land that I live on. They withheld my salary for two years and then they give me about $300,000 lump sum, but that ain’t no compensation, cause dat ain’t even de amount of my two years pay.”Lewis remembered waking up on the morning of December 18, 2000 and recalled the horror of that terrible day.“De whole place was on fire, real fire. I hold on pon de iron rail and de palm of yah hand leffing on de iron. I duck and my head touch de bed frame, de hair go like if it frying on yah head.”Lewis continued,Cheap Jerseys From China, “I didn’t even know what to do and start run out de camp. I run to one end and turn back; I run to another end and turn back again because there was a fence. We was trap and the only exit was through the fire.”“My foot bottom de done burn. I finally mek up my mind that I running through dis fire, cause it was de only way I see I coulda get out.”? Lewis said he crawled some distance until he fainted at a creek about two miles away. He remembered awaking some time later at the hospital.“De army wanted me to cut off my foot. Dem de drilling me to do it,China NFL Jerseys, but de doctor overseas de tell me dat I had to get follow up treatment and de army said they didn’t have the money. As long as there is hope that my legs can get better, I will never cut it off,” Lewis declared.Curtis Samuel said he too was asleep when the incident occurred. When he awoke, he said he saw the “whole place on fire.”Fortunately for him, his physical injuries have healed but the physiological and internal effects have lasted,Cheap MLB Jerseys China, he said.He too is unable to work as normal since his body cannot take heavy pressure.The 31-year-old said he lives with his parents who play a major role in his life, but the twist to his story is that after receiving no compensation, it appears that someone had been collecting his NIS money. The lad said he was out of the country for some time and on his ret