yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2416
用戶失蹤天數 1762
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-16 15:09 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
The Ethnic Relations Commission says that it has always been and continues to be open to public scrutiny and will always be prepared to answer to any responsible person or agency.However the ERC said that political attacks,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, character assassination and defamation of character of any Commissioner and staff and spurious allegations from fringe elements will not be dignified with responses.In a release issued yesterday, the ERC noted that spurious allegations have been made by ‘extreme fringes’ in both the print and electronic media.The ERC was referring to statements made by Social Activists, Mark Benschop, Columnist Freddie Kissoon and Trade Unionist Norris Witter during a picketing exercise outside the commission’s Queenstown office on Tuesday,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, to protest the decision not to renew the contracts of two staffers of the commission.The ERC added that while the Commission is aware that a picketing exercise was conducted outside of its offices by three individuals who ‘obviously in an attempt to be noticed and to garner cheap publicity’,Nike NFL Jerseys China, have misrepresented and distorted the truth for their own political ends.According to the ERC it is very concerning to note that the media having spoken with the protestors did not seek to add balance and fairness to their stories by asking the Commission for responses based on the comments made.The Commission pointed out that only Adam Harris, from Prime News and Kaieteur News, sought a comment from the Chairman of the Commission, Bishop Juan Edghill before the protest.It should also be noted that it was the Chairman of the ERC through his Public Relations Officer who having observed that the media was about to depart without seeking a response from the Commission, invited the media representatives to his office so that he could provide a response,China Jerseys, the ERC statement said.“The ERC wishes to assure all Guyanese that the Commission continues to work for the promotion of harmony and good relations in Guyana. The Commission also wishes to state that its work programme which includes hosting of Neighbourhood and Women’s Conferences in all regions of Guyana will continue according to schedule.”But Lieutenant Colonel (Rtd.) Christine King who is at the centre of the present controversy at the ERC told this newspaper that what the Commission is portraying to the pubic is far from the truth.King’s contract as Chief Executive Officer with the commission has not been renewed and she has been accused of being unprofessional in the execution of her duties.She said that while the Commission is preaching harmony among people,Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys, its Chairman is doing quite the opposite within the organization.King told this newspaper that she was in the process of leaving her position as Chief Executive Officer of the ERC anyway since she could no longer be associated with the scheme of things.“Imagine Edghill questioning my integrity. I will never allow him to destroy my character,” King, who was responsible for administration and discipline in the Guyana Defence Force, told this newspaper.“It was stressful. I saw the ERC as a farce. We were going out there preaching harmony and yet there are a lot of disgruntled staff within,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale,” King added.She said that the commission’s chairman is insecure since he believes that persons are out to get him. “At least I am not out to get him. I am no terrorist,” King said.