yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2411
用戶失蹤天數 1757
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-16 22:21 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
As several Central Corentyne villages remain flooded from the recent December rains,NFL Jerseys China, a multimillion dollar pump which has been in Liverpool village for a number of years,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, lies idle at the water front.The dysfunctional pump at LiverpoolAnd residents are accusing the authorities of neglecting them in preference for other communities, while also claiming that parts from the Liverpool pump are being removed and taken to repair pumps in other villages.Liverpool is among the communities most badly affected. The area was under a heavy concentration of water even before December,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, but the situation worsened with the advent of the seasonal rains.Kaieteur News understands that the sluice at Liverpool can only be opened to drain the community when the tide is low.A sluice attendant told Kaieteur News that the pump at the Liverpool channel has not been functioning for some time and did not function for the entire 2013.According to the man, the pump has not worked “long long time”“After it bruk down,Authentic Jerseys Wholesale, they wait long before they come and do some repair to the starter, but it did not work.? Then they come last week again and take out more part and carry them to Borlam to put pun the pump them get deh,” he said.Water at a high level at the Liverpool outfallRegion Six Vice Chairman Bhupaul Jhagroo had told a section of the media that the situation would have being remedied by mid last week.He had stated that a contract was signed last week to have both channels at Whim and Liverpool cleared, but had noted that work could not have commenced due to the spring tide.The Vice-Chairman had also assured that the Liverpool outfall is currently under repair. He had told another section of the media that “the mechanics are working on it. They told me that they had to remove parts to have them replaced.”Residents have seen an increase in the volume of water on their lands. If fact, some say that whenever it rains, the village will be flooded. They state that water from the backlands,NFL Jerseys Cheap, especially from the Black Bush area will flow into the village.Retired headmaster O’Neil Leitch who is among a number of residents that has suffered losses,Cheap MLB Jerseys China, believes that negligence is at the heart of the problems.? He informed the media that since last week the situation has worsened and the water is becoming to get discolored and residents fear an outbreak of water-borne diseases.A flooded section of the community

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2411
用戶失蹤天數 1757
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-16 23:03 
Dear Editor,The Kaieteur News article of August 20 titled ‘Stanleytown pump and engine’ is totally erroneous and mischievous. The public must be forewarned about this newspaper that is out to create an impression that there is much corruption and overpricing involved in the meting out of contracts.Firstly,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, the company, Everglades Farm Equipment in Florida does not sell pumps of this nature. I visited the company (photograph provided) and was told in no uncertain terms that the company is a John Deere dealer in farm equipment and if I was interested in pumps of that nature, I should check with the Moving Water Industries (MWI) pump company. They were unable to provide me with any estimates for the cost of such pumps. They could,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, however, supply the John Deere engine and the price landed in Guyana would be in the vicinity of US$50,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys,000. This is approaching $11M. I hereby challenge the Kaieteur News to obtain a detailed quotation from this company for the pump, engine and gear drive and publish it in all the newspapers.I purchased the engine for the Stanleytown pump station from the local John Deere dealer at a lower price with full parts and labour warranty, which is a requirement of the contract. As can be seen from the invoice [copy provided] the price for the engine alone without VAT and duty is $8,610,228. If I were to pay duty and taxes, it would be $10,487,257.This approximates to the $11M Kaieteur News is referring to.Also attached to this letter is the price schedule for the pump, gear drive and drive shaft with coupling as supplied by the MWI pump company that manufactured the pump. The prices areump – US$178,273 ($36,724,Wholesale China Jerseys,238)Gear drive – US$40,360 ($8,314,160)Drive shaft and coupling – US$3,446 ($709,876)This gives a total value of the imported equipment of $54,358,502.The discharge pipe work (54 inch ID) and skid supporting the engine and gear drive were manufactured locally at a cost in excess of $2M.I am now requesting Mr Glen Lall to refute these prices that can be verified by the Auditor General of Guyana,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and if he can’t,China Jerseys Free Shipping, would he have the guts to publish an apology for his gross inaccuracies on the front page of the Kaieteur News. If he finds these prices still too high for a total bid price of $61.5M for supplying and installing the pump, then there is something wrong with him.Similarly, I would like him to identify the make of paint where you can use fourteen (14) gallons and apply three coats of spray paint to the entire pumphouse. I believe he is in contact with UFOs as that kind of paint does not exist on earth.Can Mr Lall tell the public if the $11M pump he is talking about is a disposable pump like disposable cameras, or is it a pump intended for the long-term disposal of floodwater? I am looking forward to his response.Yours faithfully,Harrychand Tulsi