yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-16 22:23 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Government Engineer Walter Willis has stated that there has been no direct discussion about the reuse of the soon to be closed Le Repentir dumpsite. Willis was at the time facilitating questions from media operatives about the site and its current status. According to Willis, there is the possibility of the land being reused, but not in the near future.“If the land is to be used for anything,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, that will be in another 10 to 15 years.”Willis pointed out that from 1957 to present day more than 80 landfill sites in Georgetown were operated and closed, and are currently being used for other purposes. According to Willis, since the closing of those sites there have been no complaints of ill health, low child birthrates or other health issues.He also sought to clear up all speculation that garbage was being dumped at an old burial site in the cemetery.Willis stressed that as far as he knows no garbage was deliberately dumped on tombs. He went on to note that when they were dumping garbage,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, persons living in the Lodge area had indicated that a site that they were about to use was once the burial site for cholera victims and persons who were hung.“After we were told this we decided not to use the sites. If we are not sure then we do not use the site…I do not believe in desecrating tombs.”Meanwhile,cheap jerseys from china, Willis expressed fear over the current situation at the Le Repentir site. He pointed out that if a fire were to break out this would be the worst in recent times.“We need around-the-clock surveillance at this site. I shudder to think what the task will be to deal with another fire.” He noted that based on the last assessment there is no indication that previous landfill fires were as a result of combustion.“I think most,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, if not all of the fires, were as a result of persons looking for copper,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, and some were deliberately set.”Thus he said it is now up to the Mayor and City Council to ensure that the site is properly secured. He noted that once the contract has been awarded for the closing of the site,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, then security for the site will be an issue for the contractor.