hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-17 15:24 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– “the private sector has to get this thing up and running” – Minister of Home Affairs?Home Affairs Minister Clement Rohee is unhappy with the non-implementation of the Crime Stoppers Programme in Guyana.The programme has remained at a standstill long after it was introduced during the tenure of Gail Teixiera as Home Affairs Minister at the height of the crime wave of 2002-2006.Apart from a few consultations hosted by Minister Rohee since he took over the Ministry,Wholesale MLB Jerseys, nothing much has happened with regards to the implementation of the programme.“It hasn’t gone anywhere since I last spoke on it. I have been working…to get this crime stoppers thing off the ground but it is not happening,” Rohee said.The much anticipated Crime Stoppers Programme to aid the local security system was to be launched in August after the local steering committee had been able to meet the necessary requirements for the launching of the programme.“The last report I received from our steering committee is that they are on track to meet the August deadline. All things that were requested also from the other committees have been met…A local representative is scheduled to meet with the regional representative soon in Trinidad and Tobago,” Minister of Home Affairs Clement Rohee had said a few months ago.The steering committee is tasked with examining the functions and characteristics of Crime Stoppers International and to advise on the appropriate date for the programme’s launch in Guyana.The committee has also held discussions with the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GT&T) for the provision of special lines to support the programme.Speaking to reporters yesterday,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, Rohee said that his Ministry has been in touch with the person responsible for coordinating the programme in the Caribbean. He is based in Bermuda.“There was a fellow in Trinidad who was responsible for ensuring that the Crime Stoppers Programme in Guyana gets off the ground. I think he eventually left because the Crime Stoppers Programme around the world is mainly private-sector driven; it’s not a government programme,” Rohee explained.He said that he has done as much as he could to get the programme started, but he is not prepared to launch it as a government programme since he said it would be against the principles of Crime Stoppers.“The private sector has to get this thing up and running. I appreciate the efforts that they have made so far…we have done everything so far, legally speaking. We have registered it, drew up a constitution, do all the things that are to be done according to the rules and regulations of Crime Stoppers,” Rohee explained.He said that what needs to be done now is getting the telephone system to facilitate the programme.According to the Minister, under the programme Guyana, as far as he understands it, is supposed to be working through a telephone facility in Jamaica where a 1-800 number is to be used.He said that while Guyana was being encouraged to work through a 1-800 system in the United States that has proved to be very expensive.“The call has to be routed through a 1-800 number through Jamaica and then routed back to Guyana so as to prevent detection of where the call is coming from. I understand that the 1-800 number in Jamaica is not yet up and running. Hopefully it will be up and running in the coming year. I think that is the major holdup,China Jerseys Wholesale,” the Home Affairs Minister said.When implemented, Guyana will join other Caribbean countries in implementing the Crime Stoppers Programme to combat crime through effective collaboration among the community, the media and the police.The programme facilitates the passage of information regarding criminal activity from citizens to the police based on anonymity, and it has been successful in reducing and preventing crime worldwide.It works on three components: the community, the media and the police, with the residents forming the foundation. The media’s role is to assist in highlighting unsolved crimes and it can also regularly promote the special Crime Stoppers telephone numbers.There are about 1,200 Crime Stoppers programmes in 20 countries, including the United States, Australia, South Africa, Canada,Cheap Jerseys From China, the United Kingdom,Wholesale NFL Jerseys 2018, Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago.How does it work?If you witness or know about a crime, a 1-800 toll-free number will be made available for you to call. You will never be required to provide your name, or to testify in court. A secret code number will be given to you at the time you report the crime,<a href