Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2362
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-22 03:06 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Two mothers reportedly experienced “pure terror and horror” at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) on Friday and again on Sunday. One mother, Andrea Cort,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, complained that she essentially delivered her baby herself; while the other, Olinda Fredericks, suffered the loss of her daughter mere hours after she was delivered.The dead babyCort said that she was admitted to the hospital’s maternity ward last Thursday. The woman explained that she was in labour but nurses told her that she was dilating.? According to Cort, on Friday she was constantly being monitored.“They check me and say that I was at three centimeters, and then they check me again and said that I went to five centimeters. Then another nurse check and she say that I went all de way back to one centimeter.? A li’l time after that a male nurse tell me how I went straight up to seven centimeters. That is how I went whole day.”The woman said that all the while she had been experiencing excruciating pain and after some time she became very weak.“I couldn’t move; then I feel this sudden urge fuh vomit and I vomit right alongside me bed. De nurse look at me and start one busing; asking me if duh is what I do when I deh home; so I explained to her that I weak so I couldn’t move to go vomit.“She continue rowing and tell me that I should ah know what does happen when you delivering before I run go get pregnant.? By the time she talking I done vomit two more time.”Cort explained that she was eventually placed on a wheelchair and was awaiting attention from a nurse when she started delivering her baby.“I sit down in this wheelchair waiting for the nurse to come and I feel this sudden pain in me back so hard like if somebody push me I fall forward.? Then I fix back meself and for comfort I was in a laying position but still in the wheel chair. Then I feel like if he was coming so I took off me underwear and I start holler for “Nurse, nurse come help me.“One a de nurse start holler don’t push but I de know how I feeling so I push and feel me baby head come out so I start push more and I end up sliding me self to the ground. I start pushing again then one a de other women in the ward tell me that de cord was around the baby neck so I call fuh de nurse and she come over me,Cheap Jerseys China, watch me and tell me she get a mind lef me leh the cord strangle the baby cause I didn’t listen when she told me not to push.“I literally delivered my baby on the ground in the ward. Then after all ah duh they took me to the Labour Room.”Fortunately for Cort, she delivered a healthy baby boy and was discharged from the health institution the following Sunday.However, Fredericks lost her baby girl about 12 hours after going through a “painful” delivery.Fredericks’s husband told this newspaper that his wife was transferred from West Demerara Hospital after being told that that institution’s Maternity theater does not operate on weekends.The man said that his wife was two weeks over due and “de crying out for nuff, nuff pain so we ask for a C-section. They told us that she could do it the natural way. So I leff them fuh do they thing but they messed up big time cause if they de do the C- Section me baby girl would have still been alive.”“First thing I go to the nurse and I ask she what really happen to me baby. She tell me she don’t like the way I approach she. So I asked her if me baby dead how she want me to approach her…? Anyway,cheap nfl jerseys, I de carry on,China Jerseys, cause I was really hurt and I tell she that I thought that if me wife deh at a place with all these accoutrements she would a be alright but them ain’t fit a fart.“This nurse look me in the face and tell me I should a go to a private hospital. Why should I have to pay fuh hospital when I does pay me tax every religious month? If they had done that C Section me baby would a live.”The man said that medical professionals were fully aware that his wife was hypertensive and the pain she endured caused her blood pressure to “keep climbing”,Cheap Jerseys Paypal, that is why we ask them fuh do the C-Section cause of the pressure and that the baby was overdue.”The baby’s father and his sister-in-law accompanied the attendant to the mortuary with the dead baby.“When we at the back, if you see babies in deh and they put me baby with the rest and tell me they will bury it. I tell them no,China NFL Jerseys, that the least I could do for me child is give she a decent burial.”The new born was buried on Tuesday.Fredericks has been discharged but is still complaining of excruciating pain. The GPHC administrators have declined to comment publicly on the issue.

無頭像
Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2362
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-22 07:57 
First Lady,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, Mrs. Sandra Granger, on Saturday said that “the sky can be the limit” for young entrepreneurs, in her address at the Rotaract Club of Georgetown Central’s ‘The CEO in You: Young entrepreneurs in a changing global economy 2016’ workshop, held at the Arthur Chung Convention Centre, Liliendaal, East Coast Demerara.The Club planned and executed the workshop as part of its professional development programme and invited the First Lady to deliver the charge based on the work that she has done over the past year to empower women and young people across the country.“The beauty of being young, I think, is that you are not as cautious as older folk like me. The sky can be the limit for you. And you will have the opportunity,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, today, to listen to wise women and men share their ideas and their expertise with you as they point the way towards success in your chosen areas of business,” the First Lady said.She noted that the title of the workshop identifies three areas of focus – the chief executive officer, the entrepreneur and the environment in which the entrepreneur will operate and advised participants about the importance of researching their markets, knowing the rules and regulations applicable to the diverse business environment, knowing their competition and learning how to protect themselves.“You will be operating in a changing global economy… Apart from your organisational and managerial skills, you need the acumen to understand how rapidly the world of business is evolving. You need to be au fait with the developments in information and communication technology [ICT] because much of today’s business is conducted through ICT… You can plan to grow and expand your business and keep your records through your computer software,” Mrs. Granger said.President of the Rotary Club of Georgetown Central,Wholesale Jerseys 2018, Ms. Kneka Franklin, who chaired the event,NBA Jerseys China, told the group that the First Lady articulated for them the crucial first steps that they must take in order to become successful entrepreneurs. “One of the things I want to second is the …use of [ICT]. I think that is one of the areas that we should really focus on and develop in Guyana, especially since we’re hoping to go ‘green’,China Jerseys For Sale, we can do away with a lot of paper,Cheap Soccer Jerseys,” she said.Meanwhile, Mr. Andrew Boyle, Director of Eureka Laboratory and the Past President of the Rotary Club of Georgetown Central echoed the First Lady’s remarks about the importance of preparation. “Dreaming and positive thoughts are, of course, not enough to reach one’s goal. It takes preparation [and] innovative practices,” he said.Mr. Boyle also told the group to use obstacles to motivate them to reach their goals and to celebrate and be grateful for small accomplishments along the way. “My advice to you is that you should never think that you have reached your set of starts, but rather celebrate your accomplishments and keep reaching for those stars and in the process lend a helping hand to those in need,” he said.The six-hour-long workshop aims to provide small businesses with the insight into the regulatory and legal environment, opportunities and support mechanisms that exist for doing business in Guyana. Its agenda includes sessions on writing business plans and other topics related to business creation, business ventures, decision-making, support options, and relatable testimonials of successful entrepreneurs.The First Lady continues to support organisations that focus on empowerment, education and support for vulnerable populations and has supported the work of the Rotaract Club of Georgetown Central. Just last August, she made a financial contribution to the group’s Operation BOOST, which targets 150 nursery and primary age students in Lima Sands, Essequibo Coast, Pomeroon-Supenaam (Region Two).(A GINA Feature)

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-22 15:07 
By Kiana WilburgThough much bickering and the popular “blame game” had tainted most of the discussions on the contentious Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Bill, there was finally a ray of hope at the conclusion of one of the committee’s meeting held last evening.Joseph HarmonThis is according to A Partnership for National Unity (APNU)’s Shadow Minister of Public Works and Telecommunications,Wholesale Jerseys, Joseph Harmon.There were reports that the Chairperson of the Select Committee, Gail Teixeira, had concluded the works on the Bill in the absence of opposition members, but Harmon informed this publication that this was not the case and that deliberations on the Bill are still continuing.He added that the meeting “went so smoothly” that he is “most pleased with the way it was conducted”. “We have a matrix which we have put together and it will be looked at over the weekend. We have fresh documents that we have to look at as well. The meeting last night went well… We achieved a certain degree of progress.”Prior to this successful engagement, Basil Williams, who serves as the Shadow Minister of Legal Affairs of APNU,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,? had expressed his disappointment over the fact that there was no meeting held to review the pertinent presentations made by some stakeholders on the Anti-Money Laundering Bill.Williams informed members of the media corps during a press briefing at APNU’s Hadfield Street office that some important questions and suggestions on the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Bill were presented to members of the Special Select Committee.Some of these stakeholders included Chartered Accountant Christopher Ram, Professor Clive Thomas and members of the Bankers Association.Williams said that the People’s Progressive Party had once again shown a laid back attitude in having the works of the Special Select Committee done in a proper manner.“At first we had to fight with them for stakeholders to be heard,Wholesale Jerseys From China, which they shut out at the first sitting. The government had to be brought kicking and screaming before those persons could testify before the committee. And I am happy they came.”The politician then made reference to a question raised by members of the Bar Association. The question was based on the privilege of communication between lawyer and client.“The legislation says that the supervising authority can turn up at the lawyer’s office without a search warrant and seize important and confidential documents, and since it doesn’t say that it can be taken permissively, it suggests that certain confidential information can be taken with force from lawyers. This raises questions of protection of property and third persons accessing information and the security of the individual.”While describing the presentations as lively and incisive, Williams opined that the next appropriate thing was for there to be a review of such submissions and for it to be reflected in the Bill. But it was never suggested, more so conducted.“Everything was just rushed,” Williams stated.Further,Jerseys NFL Wholesale China, it was reported that Guyana had topped the list of some 55 countries that are non-compliant and without effective legislation and may therefore be subject to a more serious review process by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) next week.However, in response to this contention, the APNU MP asserted,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China, “We are not too sure about this mid-February review, but we are willing to do the work and ensure that the Chairperson of the Committee, Gail Teixeira,Cheap Jerseys Online, does the work in a manner which serves the people.”Williams then stressed that it is important that the Bill be amended in such a manner that it surpasses the expectations and requirements of FATF. In other words, he explained that Guyana must aim for “super-compliance”.