yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2406
用戶失蹤天數 1753
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-23 03:12 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Habeeb Khan is a ‘Special Person’“Extremely good looking. You see I had lots of money. My father left me $96,000 when he died. I got a lot of things for women…gramophone, bicycles, children. A lot of respectable women in Georgetown got houses too.”By Leonard GildarieIt is difficult to start writing something about Habeeb Khan.? There are so many areas to cover-his jokes, his legacy, his character…his good looks???When Kaieteur News first contacted him, he was all for it. He came two hours late for the interview. “You see, I had more important things to do.”What does one say to Habeeb Khan?Unfortunately, at that time last week, our timings would not allow it and the interview for this column had to be rescheduled.Habeeb KhanOn Wednesday, the newspaper managed to grab hold of Habeeb at his Friendship home on the East Bank Demerara.Growing up, there were legends about Habeeb Khan. He had a house with a gate and a big padlock but no fence. An antenna cable ran to his sewing machine. His many children and ladies. The legends were too numerous to mention.His portrayal of an “abused” husband, “George” on the Torginol Paint advertisement was memorable. Then there is that movie in which he starred …“If Wishes Were Horses…”If one is to speak about comedy in Guyana, the name Habeeb Khan would invariable come up.I would bet that there is hardly anyone in Guyana who doesn’t know the name Habeeb Khan.I didn’t know what to expect but there was no fence to Habeeb’s yard and no gate and he was standing on his little balcony, his eyes faraway.His face lit up and he made a place on a chair for me to sit while he sat on a little bed in his? sitting room.Habeeb is ill. He has asthmatic bronchitis. Too many cigarettes,NFL Jerseys China, he said.“Stay away from them. You young yet,” he warned.Early DaysHabeeb is 73 years old and a father of 16…two are girls…produced by four different mothers– two sisters, an aunt and a cousin. I was in no mood to question him on this.In his early life, Habeeb grew up in relative comfort in Queenstown, Georgetown. His father was a doctor.“I was in the middle.” He saw the look of puzzlement and explained. “There were three and then I and then three more children.”The family had a gardener, a maid and a nanny to look after the children.Habeeb attended Central High School. “Central was a school that had a lot of professionals (staff) and produced a lot of professionals in those days.’He bemoaned the fact that teachers are now losing their authority with students because of attitude. “You see teachers nowadays wearing the same kind of clothes like the students,China Jerseys NFL Wholesale, short skirts including. You tell me when they are competing like this, where would the respect be?”The comedian also grew up not far from former President, Forbes Burnham.He described his mother as a highly qualified woman with 21 certificates.“But my father, you understand, he was a strict Muslim. He believed that he is entitled to seven wives. My mother didn’t see it that way.”Habeeb lived with his father for a while after his parents separated. “He had some dictatorial attitudes you must do what he wants even if it was wrong. I would tell him I was sent for and that ended our arguments.”Before his work as an entertainer (he did not describe himself as a comedian),Authentic Jerseys Wholesale, Habeeb worked with the Venezuelan Embassy, in the interior and on boats.Habeeb Khan: In younger days“I was scheduled to study International Law in Venezuela on a scholarship.”However, that was not to be. Habeeb got a 16-year-old pregnant and he had to stay.Was he a good looking man? “Extremely good looking. You see I had lots of money. My father left me $96,000 when he died. I got a lot of things for women…gramophone, bicycles, children. A lot of respectable women in Georgetown got houses too.”Sad to say, the money soon went.ComedianHowever, Habeeb Khan’s work in the entertainment field really kicked into gear in the ‘70s. “I was always a safety valve. I just like to see people laughing.”He hooked up world-renowned Guyanese-born British actor, Norman Beaton of the “Desmond” fame and formed the “4 Bs” band playing at the Strand Cinema, Suriname, Palm Court and the Belvedere,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, among other places.It was during this time that he experimented with a little comedy. Sometimes a guest artiste would come late and Habeeb would just hold the audience with a joke or two. He got better and soon it was a routine.He was hired to voice ads also. “I did two-three, four voices for the ads. I like doing ad-libs and they became a household thing.”Soon, he ventured overseas and was performing with Ben E. King,Wholesale NFL Jerseys