hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2376
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-23 16:09 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Former Minister of Housing and Water, Irfaan Ali, has reportedly received a letter from the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA) to pay up to $40M in taxes for a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) he imported last year.However, Ali is insisting that he had received permission for exemptions. On August 23, he released a letter dated March 3,China Jerseys, 2014 that he purportedly received from GRA’s Commissioner General,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Khurshid Sattaur, approving the importation.Under regulations,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, MPs, Ministers, State and other officials are entitled to tax waivers on vehicles.They can import used vehicles every three years. For new vehicles, officials are not allowed to import one before a five-year period has passed, a senior GRA official explained.GRA is contending that while serving as a Minister in the previous administration, Ali imported two luxury Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) within the last five years when he was only entitled to one.Ali is now a Member of Parliament (MP) for the opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP).Ali had taken to his Facebook page late August claiming that it was brought to his attention by a senior GRA official that instructions have been given to institute taxes on “motor vehicle I acquired through legal means as a Member of Parliament in the 10th Parliament.”Ali insisted that the concession was recommended and approved by all the relevant authorities.“I was shocked when this officer approached me… after the Parliament to inform me that I will be receiving a letter from GRA…asking me to pay taxes on this vehicle.”Ali claimed that the issue is really about “witch hunting” and “vindictive action” aimed at members of the former Government, which “will not move me and my convictions”.The GRA letter that Irfaan Ali said granted him exemptions.“All my actions have been consistently within the laws of Guyana and as such,Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys, I am putting the country on notice that these targeted actions to silence me will not succeed.”Ali insisted that he is prepared to deal with and have all the documents to justify the facts.“I anxiously await the purported letter. I have nothing to hide or fear so would never succumb to any threats.”The new coalition Government said it has been unearthing a number of irregularities involving former senior officials of the previous Government.Currently,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, the former Minister of Public Service, Dr. Jennifer Westford, is before the courts, facing charges for the illegal transfers of eight vehicles to family members and friends. Her former Assistant,NFL Jerseys Cheap, Margaret Cummings was also charged.The transactions reportedly occurred a few days before the May 11 General and Regional Elections which resulted in the PPP/C?losing power for the first time in 23 years.Both Westford and Cummings have been questioned too, in a $500M plus fraud at the Ministry of Public Service. The file on the investigations is expected to be sent this week to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for advice.Westford is also being investigated for possible tax evasion for a recreational vehicle (RV) that was imported but? wrongly classified, resulting in just $2M being paid instead of the estimated $13M that would have been due to GRA.