yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2423
用戶失蹤天數 1770
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-7 21:19 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Ralph SeeramIt has been a tough week for Guyana’s International image this week, and it has been all negative publicity. What makes it worse, it would seem that the Guyana Government or its law enforcement agencies had no clue what was going in their own backyard.Many in the Diaspora were very concerned when the warning came out earlier this week about the terror threat to Caribbean Airlines flights from Guyana and the rest of the Caribbean.While the threat was limited to specific days earlier this week, the concern was real for many folks in Florida, especially the Orlando area, because Caribbean Airlines has the only flight from Orlando to Guyana. Many people contacted me to get my views on the situation. Well I had just made a reservation two days earlier for a relative to travel to Guyana, so my position was threats will not stop me from travelling to Guyana on CAL.Speaking of CAL, things must have improved at their ticket counter at International Airport where I had a pleasant experience with the staff there. I was looking forward to spending an hour or two to complete a transaction. To my surprise I was “in and out” in 20 minutes.Back to our main conversation, the arrest of Mafia officials and other persons by US Law Enforcements Agencies this week really placed Guyana on the map as a drug transshipment point. If there were any doubts,Wholesale Jerseys From China, it has been confirmed now. Part of the report said,China NBA Jerseys, “At least two dozen suspected drug traffickers linked to the Gambino and Bonano crime families, and the Italian crime syndicate known as ‘Ndrangheta’.Members were arrested in New York and Italy on Tuesday following an American-Italian operation that authorities said “disrupted a multi-continent drug pipeline.” Guyana was highlighted as one of the drug ports.The court document stated that on September 12, 2012 Lupoi,Cheap Jerseys, one of those arrested and charged, had explained to an undercover agent that he had contacts in Guyana,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, “who could arrange the shipment to his contacts…”At a recorded meeting with the undercover agent, Lupoi stated that he had “a great connect” who would “pack it (cocaine) into fish” and then “freeze it in a block.”The shipment of cocaine in fish is nothing new to Guyana. I recall a few years ago I went to purchase some items at a Guyanese owned grocery in Orlando. As I entered the place was swarming with Federal Agents. They were empting the freezers looking for drugs in the frozen fishes. The owner of the store was a relative of a suspected drug dealer from Crabwood Creek.I can tell you this, drug barons in Guyana should have cause to worry. I am sure those involved will not venture beyond the shores of Guyana. You can bet the DEA knows who the principals in Guyana are.The Feds do not make arrests unless they are sure they have got an airtight case. They will take months or years to develop their case; they literally give you ‘a long rope” before drawing the noose. They have the resources to do it.Whether it’s corrupt politicians or criminals, that’s how they operate,China NFL Jerseys, they have patience.So as I said, there are quite a few worried people in Guyana worrying when their time will come, like Roger Khan. The fact that the DEA does not have an office in Guyana does not necessarily mean their agents are not in Guyana.It’s funny if not downright comical when local law enforcement officers feign surprise. You mean CANU, the GPF and that new intelligence unit knows nothing about it. What a joke.The blog site Propaganda Press as libelous as it is sometimes often carries the names of the suspected drug barons in Guyana. I am sure the DEA pays attention to the names they mention including those in CANU and the business community.So don’t be surprised if you see certain prominent persons stop travelling, not leaving Guyana’s shores.On top of all the negative publicity,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, comes the report of Reporter without Borders World Press Freedom Index showing Guyana dropping to 67th in the rankings. In fact Guyana dropped two places from last year.Considering the US is ranked 46th some may have questioning the criteria used by this organization. I have argued that the press is relatively free in Guyana, but I guess the Transparency and good Governance issues affected Guyana’s rankings.Earlier in the week we were told in Parliament that Guyana has a $1.2M man. Given the economic circumstances of Guyana I am surprised that Guyanese taxpayers can afford to pay someone $1.2M for doing practically nothing.Can anybody tell me what the function of a Commissioner of Information