yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2430
用戶失蹤天數 1776
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-17 05:02 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Abena RockcliffeAmanda Wilson has a dream: to bring suicidal house slave Cuffy to life via the first known locally produced documentary of the 1763 Rebellion.To this end, Wilson is working on the production of a documentary dubbed “Cuffy: Face of a Rebellion.”The documentary, which takes the style of a film,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, is intended to bring Cuffy back to life; to tell the tale of the journey,Cheap Jerseys Online, the life and the mission of the “peerless Guyanese hero” and is expected to be released on 21, February 2013 to commemorate the 250th anniversary of Cuffy’s 1763 Berbice revolt.The UK-based Guyanese told Kaieteur News yesterday that the ‘trailer’ is completed and was shot on location in Canje,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Berbice.Wilson noted,Cheap Jerseys, as one of her primary reasons for production, that she finds it disturbing that the average Guyanese student knows about Martin Luther King and his struggle but asked about Cuffy, all they know is about the 1763 monument that has been erected in his memory.Amada WilsonWilson who disclosed that she has been residing in London for over a decade now said that in the Museums over there, history is reflected about most of the Caribbean; “the maroons were there symbolic to the Jamaicans but Guyana was unrepresented.”The woman who studied journalism said that much is needed to be done by Guyanese to inform fellow Guyanese, the Caribbean and the World of “our rich history. There is a gap in society when it comes to knowledge of our National Heroes and that Gap needs to be bridged so I am doing my part by highlighting Cuffy.”Wilson indicated that the said documentary marks the first of a series of documentaries that she plans to produce. She says that the next will feature Victoria, her ancestral village. She expressed that consideration has been given to reenacting the Walter Rodney story.The patriot also noted that her mother, Evette Wilson, played a very influential role in her understanding the importance of knowing one’s history.“She taught me that we need to know our people; be affiliated with our history as our past is part of our identity, it doesn’t or shouldn’t define us but it should help shape the persons we become and our appreciation towards our travel.”Faced with the question of how informative the film will be to persons who may have gained extensive knowledge on the 1763 rebellion, Wilson proposed that “even those who know will know more from this production.”She explained that she has been in close communication with a few “outstanding” Guyanese historians and has been listening to numerous conflicting theories; but thinks her research can bring arguments to rest.Wilson pointed out that “People say he (Cuffy) can’t be a national hero because her killed himself and that he was a house slave who never felt the struggle of the other slaves.”Wilson noted that her documentary will bring out lots of surprising facts that haven’t necessarily been printed in history books “that wasn’t written by the slaves but the Dutch and British.”Delroy Brewster characterizing CuffyIn addition, Wilson said that she plans to moderate discussions with fellow citizens on their views on Cuffy “whether or not they see him as a national hero.”SupportWilson expressed that her support,Cheap NFL Jerseys Store, so far,Wholesale Jerseys, has been forthcoming from the Private sector. She said that most financial partners are silent and that she has been receiving tremendous support from her cast.The part of Cuffy will be played by Berbician Delroy Brewster.? However, Wilson indicated that characters to play other major roles have not yet been identified. But she has been in touch with the Suriname Embassy that has already equipped her with names of Suriname nationals in Guyana.She admitted that finding actors to characterize the whites has been somewhat of a challenge but she intends to contact the names given to her by the Suriname Embassy to ascertain if any of those individuals are willing to play the roles of the Governor and lieutenant.“I would like to have about five but I will settle for what I get and make it work because I am sure it will be a good documentary.”Wilson noted that she has been receiving support from former Commissioner of Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC) William Woolford. “He encouraged me to come back home and start production.”“At Green Mango Media, we believe it is time the Caribbean tells her own stories. We must preserve our history in our own words for future generations and proudly share the achievements of our revolutionary icons with the rest of the world,” said Wilson, the