hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2376
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-18 05:23 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
A West Bank Demerara cattle farmer strongly believes that a teller at the Republic Bank Vreed- en-Hoop Branch facilitated the robbery in which he was relieved of $1.3M in the city on Tuesday.Shadeer Hassan,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, called ‘Bird Man’ was robbed outside the Bourda Market shortly after withdrawing the cash from the bank’s Camp Street Branch.According to him, he was forced to transact his business with the bank’s Camp Street office after officials at Vreed-en-Hoop were reluctant to deal with him there.Recalling the sequence of events that led to his robbery, Hassan said that since he resided on the West Bank of Demerara,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, he went to the bank’s Vreed-en-Hoop branch around 11:30 hours yesterday to make the withdrawal.He said that a teller there took his withdrawal slip and told him to wait “in the corner”, which he did.“He went and spoke to someone- I guess it was his superior. The person he spoke with then began making some telephone calls while I waited and waited,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys,” Hassan recalled.He said that he waited for about 30 minutes until the situation got overbearing before he began making vociferous enquiries.“I enquired what the problem was and the teller said that he is waiting on a phone call,China Jerseys,” the cattle farmer said.Hassan’s account is held at the bank’s Camp Street Branch but yesterday was not the first time that he was making a withdrawal from the Vreed-en-Hoop Branch.He believes that because he questioned the staff’s inefficiency they became annoyed and began treating him in an unprofessional manner.“The supervisor asked me why I didn’t make the withdrawal in Georgetown. I told him that I live on the West Bank so I don’t see why I have to go to town to make a withdrawal. With that he said ‘If you can’t wait, then go to Camp Street and make your withdrawal’,” Hassan said.Hassan became frustrated and decided to travel to the city with his wife and children in his car to transact his business.At the bank’s Camp Street Branch, he was treated politely and one of the tellers even enquired from him about the problem he had experienced at Vreed-en-Hoop.“I was given special attention at Camp Street and I eventually finished my business with the bank at around 14:30 hours.Hassan then proceeded to the Bourda Market where he sat in his car on Orange Walk while his wife went shopping with his children.He had placed the recently withdrawn cash in a black bag under his seat.“All I hear is the car door open and I see this red skin man with a shades and a motorcycle helmet, pointing a gun at my head,” Hassan said.“He said,Wholesale Jerseys, ‘Pass the money,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, the $1.3 million you just draw’.”Without any hesitation Hassan handed over the bag to the bandit who subsequently escaped on a motorcycle that was being ridden by an accomplice who had parked a short distance away.The bandit’s words shocked Hassan who questioned, “How did he know the exact amount of money that I withdrew? This is a definite set up.”“Why did they frustrate me and make me come to the city from Vreed-en-Hoop? If I had gotten my money over there (Vreed-en-Hoop) I would have gone home and left it home and then come to the city to do my shopping. You know how it is to withdraw money in town. These people (bandits) are like sharks,” Hassan lamented.The devastated cattle farmer told this newspaper that the cash was to purchase a car as a Christmas and anniversary present for his wife.“This thing ain’t make sense. My inside is numb. The teller at Vreed-en-Hoop created the situation for me to get rob. It is not easy. This is not the kind of money Santa Claus would bring for you,” Hassan said.He stated that he first reported the matter to the Brickdam Police Station but was sent to Alberttown where a statement was taken from him.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2390
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-18 05:39 
– Government /IDB project is a big success!!Justice Claudette Singh, along with Legal Affairs Minister Anil Nandlall, Chancellor of the Judiciary Carl Singh, Minister within the Ministry ofFinance Bishop Juan Edghill and IDB representative Mark Wenner.With the help of the Inter American Development Bank,Wholesale Jerseys USA, Government yesterday completed the first ever Justice Reform Project which was being done under the “Modernization of the Justice Administration System”.Government had embarked on the project some six years ago having realized that the Justice sector was in need of reform. Against that backdrop the government signed a US$25M agreement with the IDB, to undertake several institutional reforms.Coordinator for the Project, Justice Claudette Singh, explained that the project has made considerable progress which has been recorded. She was at the time speaking at a closing ceremony held yesterday morning at the Duke Lodge Hotel.According to Justice Singh, the project had its genesis in the 2006 Justice Sector Reform strategy. The former judge explained that the strategy was devised to address the many challenges which beleaguered the justice system. She said that the project ushered in many reforms that addressed several longstanding challenges in the justice sector.For example, under theproject Guyana’s Law reports were significantly updated. According to Justice Singh, the legal fraternity is well aware that the Law Report for 1976 was printed in 1996, some 20 years later. She said that the last official law revision was done in 1977.There were delays of up to seven years for a case to be completed from the time it was filed, taking into consideration the delays in handing down decisions. The law reports from 1977 to 2007 are now in print form.Justice Singh added that they have also printed an index to these reports (1930-2007) which is available now. In addition to that, Justice Singh noted that the reports are also now digitized.Fast track to present, Justice Singh said that through the project the system is now in a position to inform that the most critical of the concerns have been dealt with. Justice Singh added that the case backlog has been significantly reduced and steps are in train not only to reduce it further,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, but to eliminate it completely.Justice Singh added that through the project several courts and courtrooms have been refurbished, the Director of Public Prosecutors Chambers were renovated and furnished. According to Singh the Chambers now have 15 offices for prosecutors. Both state and police prosecutors were trained and according to the DPP her success rate in prosecutions moved to 30 per cent in 2010 and almost 50 percent in 2011.Justice Singh said, “Completing the project and achieving the success was no easy task,” but they nevertheless continued.Under the project, the Court of Appeal, the Chief Justice’s Court and the Commercial Courts will be installed with voice recognition systems so that there would be no need for the respective judges to write notes in longhand.Further, Justice Singh expounded on the fact that through the project a Law Revision Unit was established to facilitate the ongoing revision of the laws. At present, the laws of Guyana are updated up to December 31, 2010 which according to Singh is a significant achievement.In hindsight, Justice Singh said that the project was a very complex one with unfamiliar dialogue to institutions that had most probably never thought of reviewing their structures.She said that notwithstanding these constraints at the end of the project they can say with confidence that the justice institutions are in a much more collaborative mode that focuses on problem solving of critical issues with cross cutting implications.Meanwhile, Attorney General and Minister of Legal Affairs Anil Nandlall said he was very happy with the project and how it has changed the way things are done in the justice sector.He believes with these reforms a heightened sense of integrity will be developed for its work. “The project has laid a strong foundation and we must build on that foundation,Jerseys NFL Cheap,” he said.Guyana also came in for high praises from the IDB. There was a resounding call at this morning’s ceremony to mark the close of the project and generate awareness for the changes for it to be treated as a continuous necessitate.According to Nandlall, training has a keynote in the project both for the beneficiary organizations – judges,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, prosecutors,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, and administrative staff as well as the external stakeholders.According to Nandlall, the Justice Sector, for the first time, now has a mon