yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2409
用戶失蹤天數 1756
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-19 03:41 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Leon SuseranAn acting Director has been appointed to head the University of Guyana Berbice Campus (UGBC). Phillip Da Silva was appointed acting Director by a letter dispatched by Registrar, Vincent Alexander on October 31, 2012.Prof. Daizal R. SamadThis happened days before the 11th Convocation on November 17, last. Former Director, Professor Daizal Samad’s four- year contract came to an end on November 1, 2012 but he was however,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys, “granted permission” to present the Director’s Report at the graduation. He did not show up, saying that it “was rude and unnecessary” for him to have received a letter less than 24 hours prior to the graduation to deliver the address.Prof. Samad said that it was too short notice to prepare his speech. “I wasn’t prepared to be there. My report is [usually] expected to be articulate, coherent and informative—they do not know what it takes—I spend weeks preparing!” He stated, too, that he was “granted special permission” to deliver the address and it was “very,Wholesale Nike Air Max 1, very shabby treatment”.“I will apologize to the public,Wholesale Jerseys Online, the graduates and their parents. I am here to serve, but not at the expense of my dignity”. “I respect them [the people] too much to turn up there [at the convocation] and say a whole lot of ordinaries”,Cheap Jerseys From China, he related.Samad stated that his contract should have been extended for a month until the convocation had been completed, even without pay. He stated that he was integrally involved in the planning of the event and worked assiduously to get things in place but had to drop everything and vacate the position due to the appointment of someone else as Acting Director.Prof. Samad, in the past, has always been outspoken about the problems at the Turkeyen Campus and has criticized the poor administration and infrastructural situations there. He has stated numerous times,Cheap NFL Jerseys, too,NFL Jerseys Supply, that Turkeyen has “collapsed” and he will not allow the same to happen in Berbice or for UGBC to be bullied by Turkeyen. He has called on numerous occasions, too, for autonomy for the Berbice Campus.He is worried that his four years of work might go down the drain now that he is out of the position of Director of the campus, but Kaieteur News was told by a senior official in Berbice that Prof. Samad should allow due process to take its course.