Fpblbt17

帖子 13351
註冊 2017-10-9
用戶註冊天數 2363
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-20 10:08 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Shri Prakash Gossai is a ‘Special Person’?“Gone are the days when these religious institutions are only places of singing, chanting and poojas. They must now be higher institutions for higher learning. This is where we must instill human values in our people. The child must understand that God is an important factor in his life. And as long as we have that belief, our life would be straight.”??By Fareeza HaniffFor almost all his life,Cheap Jerseys USA, Shri Prakash Gossai has devoted himself to promoting the Hindu religion. He has, notably, encouraged many youths to follow in the path of their ancestors when it comes to their religion.Shri Prakash GossaiFrom the tender of age of five, Shri Prakash Gossai started to play the harmonium and sang bhajans (Hindu devotional songs). This he said was mainly due to his father, who is still a magnificent singer, and one devoted to God.Born in Handsome Tree in Mahaica on the East Coast of Demerara, on April 25th, 1953, Pandit Gossai, as he is commonly referred to, is the sixth of eight children.He told Kaieteur News that the little village at that time was very remote and undeveloped, as there were no proper roads and electricity. Like many other Guyanese, Pandit Gossai also walked to school via muddy dams, but according to him, the word education meant a lot for the inhabitants.“Our parents made sure that we went to school, in addition to doing field work. So we reared cattle and we used to help them in the ricefields,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, but it was mandatory that we went to school.”andit Gossai attended Cummings Lodge Government School, where he spent four years and stood first place in his class for every term. At the GCE exams,Cheap Jerseys Store, he attained nine subjects, with several distinctions. He then proceeded to the University of Guyana (UG), where he pursued medical technology for two years, after which he embarked on a Bachelor of Science degree, and then graduated as best graduating student in the faculty of natural sciences.According to Pandit Gossai,Jerseys NFL China, growing up he had an affinity for religion and related practices, as his father always encouraged him to pray and instilled the notion in him that there is a God, and whatever you want, if you pray sincerely for it, you will receive it.This concept, Pandit Gossai said, has stuck with him until this day, and he is a strong believer.During his years at high school and later at UG, Pandit Gossai said that he never isolated himself from his religion, culture and beliefs, as he was the President of the Hindu Society during the four years that he spent at university. Somehow or other he was inspired to do more work for religion, Pandit Gossai said.He left Guyana in 1983 for the United States, specifically New York, where he founded a Mandir. It is there he performed most of his religious practices and got youths involved in their culture and religion.“Because of a lack of mandirs during 1983, I found it as a call that I must get involved in the promotion of Hinduism. So in addition to my teaching at Thomas Jefferson High School, I was very active in Mandir work. I encouraged the youngsters to come out every Sunday and we sang Bhajans and we did outreach programs. We used to visit poor communities, and exchange books, and engaged in games with the residents in those communities,China Jerseys Authentic,” Pandit Gossai said.It was interesting to learn that Pandit Gossai was not one who was looking at gaining fame or becoming a popular figure in society, but this was not something that he could easily escape.“I got involved to an extent that people were looking at me as some ‘authority’, this time I never had anybody teaching me, I never had the Guru,Cheap China Jerseys, so all of this is self-taught all the time. And due to the expectations of people, I thought that you know what, I’d better go to India.”He returned to Guyana before leaving for India at the age of 40, where he spent one year educating himself extensively on Hinduism.At that time, Pandit Gossai left a very active teaching profession not only in Guyana, but also in New York, where he taught Marine Biology and medical technology.He then returned from India and started to work in New York as a ‘Hindu Missionary.’But it is amazing to have found out that Pandit Gossai, because of his humility, is not entirely comfortable with being referred to as Pandit.Pandit Gossai performing at one of his many functions“I do not like to call myself a Pandit, because to me, a Pandit is an extremely knowledgeable person in any field and I don’t think that I am that k