yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2421
用戶失蹤天數 2098
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-27 08:34 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
An $8 million project is being embarked upon by Guyana Water Incorporated (GWI),Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys, as the water sector continues to make efforts to improve the water pressure to residents in and around Georgetown.The initial phase of construction began yesterday, with canals being dug along Vlissengen Road to accommodate new water mains.Karan Singh, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of GWI,Wholesale Nike Air Max 97, explained that the entire construction process was billed to last one week.However, Singh said that he believes that the process would take longer, estimating that it could be two weeks before completion.According to Singh,Nike Shox Clearance, he wants the work to be done properly so he would allocate an extra week to ensure the quality of the job being done.GWI explained that while it realises that the construction work along Vlissengen Road may hamper the flow of traffic, GWI is appealing to residents of the area and drivers to be understanding and patient as the work progresses.??Singh divulged that three water treatment plants are to be constructed at Cotton Tree,Air Max Zero Sale, Vergenoegen and Lima on the Essequibo Coast. These three water treatment plants will be constructed simultaneously,Nike Air Max Tn Shoes For Men Sale, and the hope is to have good quality water supplied to these growing urban areas.The plant at Cotton Tree will supply water to the Rosignol area,Nike Air Max Tn Ultra Plus, the Lima plant will provide water to Anna Regina and the plant in Vergenoegen will provide water to the Parika area.

無頭像
yueyrt1Vso

帖子 12227
註冊 2017-9-12
用戶註冊天數 2421
用戶失蹤天數 2098
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-27 09:25 
By Enid JoaquinNo more flying downhill in Kokerite boats! No more Wabanie under the Correa trees. No more bonfires under the big bamboo tree, with story telling of Kanaima, and other spirits- no more pepperpot simmering with every wild meat imaginable, and certainly, and sadly-no more cassava bread making!‘Today the Amerindians here don’t make cassava bread; they buy cassava bread from other people who make it!?It’s a shame!” an Amerindian,Wholesale Football Jerseys China, from Buck Hill recently said cynically.Leonard Rodrigues and Bridgette Chappelle (sitting at left and right) are two of the few older Amerindians still living at Buck Hill.Sad but true, that as we celebrated Amerindian Heritage this past month, for many Amerindians especially those living in and around Linden, the aforementioned are just nostalgic recollections, of cultural traditions that have all but disappeared.There are too many things that our people no longer do, too much of “no more” and too little of carrying on of customs and traditions that have become all but forgotten.The above scenario graphically illustrates the traditions lost, at what once was considered Linden’s only Amerindian reservation- “Buck Hill” also known as Wismar Hill which, as you might rightly conjecture,Deion Jones Falcons Jersey UK, got the name because it was first inhabited by Amerindians, who remained the predominant race living there for many years. But things have changed.Buck Hill, as this relatively small and obscure community is popularly called, has changed.CuriousI remember vividly, my own curiosity about this place as a little girl, and wondering about the people who lived there. In my childhood mind I conjured up images of people running around, with feathered headdress and arrows and bows at the ready- images of trullie covered benabs with women baking cassava bread, and making pepperpot.But by the time I was old enough to visit the community on my own; all semblance of Amerindian culture had disappeared.Back thenThere was no benab or trullie house, no cassava bread baking, and definitely- no wabanies!I was disappointed, but that was short-lived, as I soon grew to love this quaintly beautiful place, with its crystal clear spring water, toe blistering white sand and numerous Coreaa trees. Oh and the view- the view from atop this hill is breathtaking, particularly at nights, when one could admire the lights across the river at Mackenzie.First inhabitantsThe Chappelle’s were one of the first Amerindian families to settle at Buck Hill.Old Ma and Pa Chappelle had moved from the Rupununi and Pomeroon respectively,Philadelphia Flyers Gear, to seek a better life at Wismar. Pa Chappele was an Arawak, while his wife, came from the Macusi tribe. ?The couple settled on Buck Hill, where the Chappelle clan grew.Presently only one of the Chappelle offspring- Bridgette, resides on the Hill, with her husband and children. Her other siblings have all moved away.But Bridgette still remembers the old days, of Kokerite boat skating, and storytelling under the big bamboo tree. The bamboo tree is no longer there, but the memories remain.One of Buck Hill’s oldest residents Leonard Rodrigues well known as ‘Uncle Lennie” , pointed out that the Amerindians who first occupied the community,Air Max 90 Essential White And Black Womens, most likely chose the area, because of its proximity to the Demerara River and its lush hunting grounds.“In those days there was a lot of Koreea trees around here, so the people could hunt the labba, deer and so on without having to go very far. You know the animals would graze under these trees, because the seeds are what they eat, so the people would just set up wabanie nearby and shoot them,Cheap Air Max 2018 Shoes, when they came out to feed.”Most of the korrea trees were cut down as the population grew, and as they disappeared so did the animals that fed on their seeds, Rodrigues noted.He added that cutting down the trees has also led to massive erosion over the years, as these trees roots had stabilized the sandy soil.Rodrigues is of Amerindian and Portuguese heritage. He moved to Buck Hill, from Susannah’s Rust, down the Demerara River, in the early seventies.He had moved to the area to work with the then Demerara Bauxite Company, he said. “Right away I fall in love with the place- but is a woman (Joyce), that keep me here”, he declared proudly.He would later marry her, and father eleven children with her.Buck Hill obscuredBut Buck Hill is not the same, as when he first moved there, Uncle Lennie reminisced. Most of the older generation of Amerindians have either died out or moved away.Their offspring, he noted, could not really be considered Amerindians