hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2410
用戶失蹤天數 1886
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-8-22 10:18 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Former Chief Executive Officer of the Ethnic Relations Commission (ERC), Christine King, and Chairman of the ERC, Bishop Juan Edghill continue to go back and forth with accusations leveled at each other.On Tuesday, King issued a statement accusing Bishop Edghill and others at the Commission, of scheming to terminate her services prior to the non-renewal of her contract last month.King is of the opinion that Edghill deliberately undermined her authority and fought to have her removed so that he could continue his free reign with the day to day operations of the Commission.However, in a statement issued yesterday, Bishop Edghill said that the ERC will respond at the appropriate time if deemed necessary, while pointing out that the issues raised by Ms King will be addressed by the Commission shortly.In the statement, Bishop Edghill said that he strongly rejects any attempt for a ‘tit for tat’ with King. “I would not dignify the statement with a response but I offer these comments and observations.”The ERC Chairman wishes to remind Guyanese of the General and Regional Elections held in 2006,Cheap Nike Shoes Online, the first in which the ERC played a major role pointing out that he resisted several attempts of political interference,Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Womens Australia, manipulation,Cheap Womens Air Max 2019, intimidation and control during that period and continuing from forces known and unknown.Bishop Edghill highlighted instances of threats to his life, tampering of the vehicles he uses, break-ins to his office during working hours and the desecration of his office with the sprinkling of “Obeah”,Cheap Wholesale Adidas Shoes, which the stains remain on his carpet until now are just to name a few.The Chairman explained that steps to ensure his safety and to ensure the integrity and independence of the Commission had to be put in place.“I have taken an Oath that I will discharge the functions of my Office without ill will or malice,Cheap Adidas Shoes Online, without fear or favour.I am on public record saying and I stand by that, I wash feet not faces; I will deal with principles and not personalities.”Bishop Edghill is asking if the allegations made by Ms. King are really true why as she claimed being a professional and a person of high standards remain on the job for three years and receive money under false pretence?But Ms King said that she was employed for five years during which she held the position of Chief Executive Officer/Secretary.“I had always been paid glowing tributes for my work until more recently when I dared to ensure the propriety and equity in the treatment of some junior staff.”The former Chief Executive Officer said that the Bishop has “gone further to associate me with the picketing exercise outside the office of the ERC.He also attempted to link me with threats he claims he received soon after my departure from the ERC building on October 26.“I find these accusations very particularly distressing since I have not even the remotest of knowledge of any of the charges he has made against me.”Since King’s contract was terminated on October 24, last she noted that Edghill used a press conference to malign her character in the cheapest of ways by suggesting publicly that her termination was a consequence of her performance or a lack of.She expressed disgust at the charges levelled against her by Bishop Edghill and referred to the accusations as “baseless, unfounded,Womens Nike Shox Clearance, without merit and clearly calculated to sully my hitherto unblemished record as a public servant”.