yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1734
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-9-11 00:33 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
–?? ?A mother of two tells her compelling story ?By Romila BoodramImagine being born with no eyes or without a hand or any other impediment. Imagine going to school with kids pointing fingers, laughing and teasing you, and even your neighbours looking at you with pitiful eyes.You know that you are not what is perceived as being normal, and there is nothing you can do to change your life or the way people look at you, but to embrace your disorder and challenge life.Amanda AnthonyFor 52-year-old Amanda Anthony, not being normal has been a way of life from the minute came on this Earth. The Barima River, Region One woman was born with not fully developed lower limbs.Anthony’s experiences given her condition have varied over the years, and have etched themselves in her mind, but the mother of two quite vividly recalls something that she was told in her earlier years, and that has impacted upon her psyche to some extent.“My mother said when she was pregnant with me, a man with no legs from Bartica visited our home, and when she saw him she was scared and she ran into the room, screaming,” Anthony related.She added that when she was born, neighbours and family members told her mother, Beryl LaRose that she (LaRose) had mockingly laughed at the man with no legs, thus the reason for her child’s condition at birth. Anthony says that her mother insisted to her,World Cup Jerseys, later on in life, that she did not laugh at the man. And she wholeheartedly believes her mother.In December last, as part of a Christmas gift, Habitat for Humanity Guyana Incorporated partnered with Scotiabank Guyana and donated a two-bedroom home worth $2.5M to Anthony.During a recent interview,Air Max Wholesale Ireland, the woman related how happy she is to be a proud owner of a home. She recounted how difficult it was for her and her family to more than 20 times “from one shack to another” in search of a comfortable life.Because of the constant movement,Wholesale Jerseys China, her two children, Andrea Anthony, 20, and Andrew Jerome, 22, each attended school for only five years.GROWING UP“I spent most of my childhood days crying, because the children in our village would just look at me and laugh. Even when I was going to school they would torment me. I stayed away from school for months because of this torment,” Anthony related.She added that even her siblings would tease her about her not being “normal’.“I spent most of my time sitting on a bench at home and looking at my sisters playing in the streets. Of course I could never join them. It was difficult for me.”According to Anthony,Adidas Basketball Shoes Sale, as she grew older,NFL Jerseys China, she slowly started to accept the fact that she has no legs and tried to bravely embrace it. She also became a lot more adventurous.“I went out into the streets and I would play cricket with the other teenagers and we turned friends.”She said she dropped out of school at an early age because her parents could not have afforded to send her any longer.“When I was home I learnt to do different things. I learnt how to walk on rope by tying a rope between two trees and walk on it on my knees.”She reflected that despite having practically no legs, her “good looks and well-shaped body” certainly earned the attention of men in her village.“Oh boy, they weren’t easy. They used to trouble me so much, but I used to always tell myself that they will use me, so I never allowed them to get to me… but it use to bother me, because I always used to wonder if I would ever find a companion… and then all my friends had boyfriends except me,” the woman remembered.SIGNIFICANT CHANGESAnd yes, it did happen. At the age of 26, two years after she was secretly dating her now dead reputed husband, Carl Jerome, she got pregnant.“That was hell. My parents freaked out. They said that he would leave me,Josh Perkins Jersey, but he never did. He stood by my side until he passed away. When I carried him home my parents asked him a lot of questions and he answered all. They were forced to agree to the relationship because I was already pregnant.”According to Anthony, her husband built a small house at the back of her parents’ home and they lived there for seven years. During that period there were significant changes in her life.Anthony with Habitat for Humanity and Scotiabank staffers.“I gave birth to my two children right in the small house, and me and my husband used to plant vegetables to sell, but then people used to thief out everything, and my husband just get fed up and he tell me that we will leave the village. We