yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-9-14 08:38 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
The just-concluded Carifesta X celebrations in Guyana saw many outstanding personalities visiting these shores.Some were given much prominence in the media, and were widely acclaimed for their professionalism and artistic mastery.However, there were some excellent performers who participated that were hardly heard of.? From the Caribbean Rastafarian Organisation came one such person, “Ras Kush.”“Ras Kush” David hails from Antigua & Barbuda.In photo is Ras Kush, performing at the Fogarty’s Department Store.In an interview with this newspaper, the ‘Rasta’ expressed his appreciation to the people of Guyana for their hospitality, and noted that it was his honour to have participated in Carifesta here.Kush is a literary and performing arts artiste, and during his presence here, he took part in several features that were staged for Carifesta. He participated in the Rastafarian Day,Jordan Retro 12 Pas Cher, celebrated at the Georgetown Football Club, where he roused the Rastafarian community with his many poetic recitals and ‘dub poetry.’Being a published author in his homeland, “Ras Kush” also took part in a book review held at the National Park.Among the books reviewed was his published work of a biography of Sir Reginald Samuel,Chaussure Jordan Pas Cher Femme, an Antiguan artist and flag designer.David is currently working on a revised edition of that publication, which will include many of the author’s own poetic works.Nicholas Edwards, as he is known off stage,Cheap Sneakers From China Free Shipping, was born in Barbados of Antiguan parentage, but considers himself a citizen of the earth and points to Ethiopia as his real ancestral and spiritual homeland.Upon graduating from college in Antigua, young Nicholas started to write rap and DJ lyrics for different artistes in his country, but he said that, “The artistes would tell me that I sound good singing them, too; but I was more involved in promoting shows with artistes around Antigua, so I couldn’t pay much attention to writing.”In 2003, he visited Jamaica.Whilst here, Kush linked up with the Royal African Soldiers, a group involved with “dub poetry”. Based on this experience, the Rastafarian decided “to bring out that artist from within,Jordan 13 Retro Homme,” and altered his style to a more enchanting flow.“That time in Jamaica opened my eyes, I went on a couple of shows with the Soldiers,Jordan Retro 10 Noir, and my confidence grew.”Since then, the performer has taken part in various national events in Antigua, including the National Youth Rally, National Literary Arts Festival, and numerous African Liberation Day shows.Apart from that, the performer is involved in giving motivational talks at different schools in Antigua. On this he said,Wholesale Shoes China, “It’s just something I love doing. I love to reason with the youths, they build up more vibes in me also”.As Kush puts it, “Today’s news becomes tomorrow’s history, so we have to create and leave a legacy for others to see and hear. In these days, one has to try to stay spiritually focused and not to let materialism control us.”This is the literary artiste’s first visit to Guyana, but he has made a lot of friends, with whom he says he will be in constant contact with the intention of strengthening the area of literary arts in the Caribbean.Overall, the Rastafarian says, he is impressed with Guyana in its holding of the Caribbean festival.