yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2429
用戶失蹤天數 1775
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-9-21 05:28 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
NEW YORK,?Nov 4, CMC – A?Guyanese-born legislator has?won?a special election to fill a?Brooklyn?seat left vacant after??Guyanese-American New York State Senator John L.?Sampson?was convicted in July of lying to the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) in a US federal corruption case.A winner again: Guyanese-born, Roxanne PersaudSampson,Cheap NFL Jerseys, the son of a?Guyanese?father,Wholesale Jerseys Online, was forced to relinquish the 19thsenatorial?district seat in the Canarsie section of?Brooklyn.Roxanne?Jacqueline?Persaud, who was elected to the New York State Assembly in November 2014, as representative for the 59th Assembly District, defeated her two challengers in?Tuesday’s?elections for the 19thSenatorial?District.Persaud, 49,Cheap Wholesale Jerseys, polled 6,980 votes, or 88 per cent of the votes cast,Wholesale Jerseys From China, while Jeffrey?Ferretti, the Republic Party challenger, received 702 votes, or nine per cent; and Conservative Party opponent?Elias?Weir?got 245 votes,Wholesale Jerseys, or three per cent.“Great! Great!” she told the?Caribbean?Media Corporation (CMC) late?Tuesday?night.“Fabulous!?I’m?happy all the waiting is over, so I can get to do the work,” added?Persaud?amid victory celebrations at the Thomas?Jefferson Democratic Club in?Canarsie?that had endorsed her.“It shows hard work pays off,” said Persaud, who had migrated from?Guyana?with her parents and siblings, when she was 19 years old.She said she had no qualms running for?Sampson’s old seat.“I’m?not happy with?what’s?happening, but you have to do what you have to do. When an opportunity presents itself,MLB Jerseys From China, you follow, and you do it.“I know I can continue my work. As senator, I will work to bring all the communities together and to make sure they have equal representation.”Persaud, who was the first female to represent the 59th Assembly District, said she is a “longtime advocate for her community and an avid volunteer.”She said her dedication to serving her community motivated her to serve in various capacities. She was President of the 69th Precinct Community Council in?Canarsie, member of Community Board 18 and Commissioner on the New York City Districting Commission.Persaud?added that she is a graduate of the New York Police Department (NYPD) Citizens Police Academy, as well as the New York City Office of Emergency Management-Community Emergency Response Team.