hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2397
用戶失蹤天數 1873
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-9-27 03:53 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– but parents saddened that he didn’t live to see “change”“People thought that Government couldn’t change but my son knew there was going to be a change… I used to see him campaign day in and day out and I live to see the change he was fighting for; the change he believed in.”With a focused mission to appeal for persons to vote the People’s Progressive Party/Civic out ofDead: Courtney Crum-Ewingpower, Courtney Crum-Ewing took to the streets of Diamond Scheme, East Bank Demerara,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, on the evening of Tuesday March 10, 2015 armed only with a bullhorn.Before the night was through he lay dead on the asphalt surface of Third Street Diamond Scheme, the victim of an all too vicious gun crime. His bullhorn was flung a short distance away.The perpetrator(s), who are expectedly known to some, pumped at least five bullets into the 40-year-old. Two bullets penetrated his head. It was undeniably a hitHis tragic death sent shock waves across the country.Those who witnessed him in advocacy mode may still very well recall his loud appeals. He had turned quite popular months before his death when the media publicized his picketing exercise outside the Office of the then Attorney General, Anil Nandlall and then the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution, as he called for the resignation of Nandlall because of some controversial statements he made during a taped telephone conversation with a senior reporter attached to this newspaper.He always seemed to prefer a solo act.And it was alone the father of three stood in the community of Diamond to appeal to residents there and alone he died. To some, his appeals might have been annoying but it is believed thatMr. Eustace Harcourt and his wife Donna.many pondered on every word he uttered in that relatively hushed zone.He was anxious to embrace a change that he thought was imperative but he might have evoked the wrath of others in the process.Many came out in protest after his brutal demise and if indeed the intent was to silence the call for change,Wholesale Jerseys, the intellectual authors of this crime failed miserably.Instead, persons were ready in their numbers to support Crum-Ewing’s cause. In essence, he gained more supporters after his death that he had in his lifetime.But the story doesn’t end here.In fact a very interesting and historic twist would occur following the May 11,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, 2015, National and Regional Elections. Crum-Ewing’s wish would come through – the people of the nation would elect a new Government, the coalesced A Partnership for National Unity and Alliance for Change.But for his mother, Ms Donna Harcourt and his stepfather, Eustace Harcourt, with whom he was very close, the swearing-in of President David Granger on Saturday May 16 was a bittersweet moment. They both were invited to Parliament building to witness the historic moment.An emotional Eustace Harcourt, during an interview with this publication said that he was only too happy for the change in Government since he is convinced that justice for Crum-Ewing was not likely under the previous administration. “I think it was long in coming and it is a real relief to everybody, but the morning after the swearing-in I was very sad. It brought tears to my eyes I felt that while the country won, we lost…we lost someone who is very dear to us. We are happy for the change yes, but we don’t have Courtney anymore,” said a teary-eyed Eustace Harcourt.But according to him, the family is gearing for the next best thing that is likely to give them closure – justice for Crum-Ewing. “We look forward for justice…the people who did this to us they are still out there, and the President must bring them to justice…,Cheap NFL Jerseys From China,” Eustace Harcourt added. And he has every confidence that the David Granger administration will ensure that justice is served. This is in light of the fact that while still in opposition the now president and several senior members of the APNU and AFC had assured Crum-Ewing’s family that justice will be served.But the family is fully accepting of the fact that justice will not be likely over night. “We are patient because they have just gotten into office and we will give them time but we don’t expect to wait too long a time,” asserted Eustace Harcourt.Coping with her son’s death has been especially hard for Donna Harcourt. Although she has been showing a brave face, behind closed doors she is inconsolable. “I can’t even bring myself to move anything in his room,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, it is the same way he left it. I can’t even watch at the funeral pictures,” confided the woman who is also optimistic about getting justice. “I know and I am sure that I will get justice.”She