yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2428
用戶失蹤天數 1775
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-9-29 21:05 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…as Legal Practitioners law amendedDebated in December last and deferred to a Special Select Committee, the report for the Legal Practitioners (Amendment) Bill was presented yesterday to the National Assembly and was passed without the support of the Opposition.Chairperson of that Special Select Committee, the Minister of Human Services and Social Security Priya Manickchand, in her presentation to the House, said that the Bill was scrutinized at the Committee level and the report reflects the minutes of the meetings as well as the changes made to the Bill.She spoke of the input from the Bar Association as well as the many law firms they solicited views from,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, and the former Chief Justice (ag) Claudette Singh.Alliance For Change Chairperson Khemraj Ramjattan who was the selected member of that party to sit on the committee chose not to attend any of the meetings and gave as his reason the fact that he did not want to participate in a “farce”.He said that he knew from the inception that none of his suggestions would be taken on board.Ramjattan said that with the exception of one clause – requiring lawyers to have a practice certificate from the Commissioner General of the Guyana Revenue Authority – he was supportive of the Bill.He said that with the clause in place he could not support the Bill in that form.Basil Williams of the People’s National Congress Reform,Wholesale Jerseys, in his presentation to the house, said too that he did not support the Bill, and pointed to what he called a lack of consultation.He said that several requests made by the PNCR, such as for a memorandum documenting the previous consultations, and this was ignored.However Manickchand in her rebuttal pointed to the same report that she tabled where the minutes document the fact that the same document that he was referring to was circulated for the members of the Committee.Attorney-at-law and Government Member of Parliament,Wholesale China Jerseys, Anil Nandlall, elaborated extensively on the consultations held with the Bar Association,Wholesale China Jerseys, to the point that they had presented recommendations.He said that even before the Bill reached the House there was extensive consultation.Manickchand also chided the opposition Parliamentarians saying that they shirk their responsibilities and delay the work of Parliament only later to turn around and blame the Government.She pointed to one instance where the opposition had asked for a delay for further consultation when the Sexual Offences Bill was in committee stage.She said that there were several protests calling for the Legislation to be put in place,Cheap Jerseys Supply, but the PNCR never said that it was them who had asked for the delay.Following the back and forth bantering the report was adopted and the Bill later put for approval by Minister of Legal Affairs and Attorney General Charles Ramson. The Government majority was enough to have the legislation approved.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2416
用戶失蹤天數 1892
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-9-29 23:34 
Four charges were yesterday slapped on a “hot plate” minibus driver by Magistrate Ann McLennan at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court, following an encounter the accused had with a police officer.It was alleged that on November 12,Wholesale Jerseys, at the Stabroek Market Square, Fitzroy Aulder, behaved in a disorderly manner.It was further alleged that on the said date,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, at the same location, the 35 year-old Route 41(South) bus driver obstructed,Authentic Jerseys Cheap, assaulted and resisted Constable 21477 Julius Caesar, who was acting in the execution of his duties.To the allegations, the defendant, who resides at Lot 36 East Ruimveldt, pleaded not guilty.Prosecutor Deniro Jones told the court that Caesar, a traffic rank, was executing his duties when he confronted a conductor who was loading his bus away from the designated area.The court heard that Aulder, who was not involved, approached them and the officer instructed him not to meddle since it is “not his business.” However, according to the prosecutor, in retaliation the bus driver started swearing and a crowd gathered.When asked by the Magistrate to disclose the reason he disrespected the officer,Cheap China Jerseys Authentic, Aulder responded,Nike Air Vapor Max Flyknit, “I didn’t disrespect the officer. Since I was loading the bus, the officer said empty the bus and I ask what is the problem. He then come and haul me by my pants. Then about four officers come and kick me and beat me. A crowd come and question why dem did beating me up suh.”The man further stated that he didn’t use any form of indecent language.On account of the assault charge which was granted because he pushed the police officer, Magistrate McLennan placed the man on $20,000 bail. With regards to the other three charges, she placed the accused on $5000 bail each. The matter will be heard again on November 28 in the Traffic Court.