hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2426
用戶失蹤天數 1903
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-2 15:16 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
“It gives so much satisfaction after working hard for five days a week to give up the weekends to go into a community and bend the back to mark a traffic sign on the road or paint a building…The satisfaction comes when you see people benefit from what you have done…I want to be remembered for the little contributions that I have been pleased to give.”?By Gary Eleazar?A patriot is described as a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.Terence Ormonde HolderAnd so it is that in the annals of Guyana’s history and the list of patriots that would be compiled, sports administrator/athlete/broadcaster/public relations’ consultant/Rotarian/social worker Terence Ormonde Holder, could well find himself among the forerunners.Born in Skeldon, Corentyne, on August 27, 1940, Terry, as he is familiarly referred to,Jerseys NFL Cheap, spent his first few years in his hometown and then moved to the Capital City, specifically Queenstown, where he commenced his pursuit of education first at Moravian Primary.Those were the days when a child would be allowed to change schools as easily as that child’s place of abode changed, so when Terry and his family moved to Regent Road, Bourda, he was transferred to St Stephen’s Primary in Princes St and when his family relocated to Bent Street he consequently found himself attending the Dolphin Government School which was called the Broad Street Government School in those days.Despite the constant change of locality, a disciplined nature, shaped by his father Cecil and mother Claudine, saw Terry excel in the academic field to the extent that enabled him to secure a coveted Scholarship to the nation’s premier secondary institution Queen’s College (QC) in 1952.A coveted scholarship given, that those were the days when the average man found it extremely difficult to pay the fees associated with attending the elite school which was and still is,NFL Jerseys Supply, noted for churning out leaders and persons that have left an indelible mark both locally and overseas.Terry reminisced that his batch was not bad at all in that, he graduated in the company of highly accomplished and renowned individuals such as Dr Walter Rodney, Dr Walter Ramsahoye,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Ewart Thomas who is now a professor at Stanford University in the United States, Vic Insanally who was extremely good at languages, J.P. Croal who was an excellent scholar, Professor Winston McGowan and Alvin Thompson among others.Giving credit where credit is due, Terry opines that there is no one institution that has contributed more than QC to his development.He noted, that the administrators of the school were people who encouraged a rounded person, “not the bookworm, but persons who could do well academically and yet understood the importance of sport and the importance of mixing with people… and that helps you in life.”From as early as he could remember, Terry recounted that he has always been an ardent lover of sports and participated at a high level in a number of disciplines, particularly athletics (sprinting), football, cricket and table tennis. And there were many others.He concedes however that table tennis was his favourite.Emphasising the part that sport played in those days, Terry stated that, “After school we played games incessantly…there was no opportunity for grass on the field to grow.”He recalled that QC was a place that rewarded outstanding athletes with a special tie (with colours) different from that which was worn by the student populace. And he earned that privilege. “I was able to earn colours in athletics and table tennis.”Terry recalled in the year he graduated (1960) there was the annual triangular tournament between Queen’s College of Guyana, Queens Royal College of Trinidad and the Lodge School of Barbados, and in the event that the latter school did not compete, Barbados’ Harrison College would participate“I was a part of the team…I played in football, cricket and athletics and it was a good opportunity to meet with people.”He said that sports allowed him to meet people with whom he shared longstanding friendshipsRecalling that competition Terry said, “I remember we had to play on this wet wicket and I was stumped by Deryck Murray (former West Indies wicketkeeper) who was playing for the Queen’s Royal College, and I always tell him I was his first international wicket.”“I ran against Wendell Motley who ended up getting a silver and a bronze medal at the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.”Terence Holder with Trinidadians Leo de Leon and Jones P. Madeira, at the 8th World Conference of World Broadcasting Unions. All three men served as Secretary General of the Caribbean Broadcasting Union.“I