yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2416
用戶失蹤天數 1762
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-4 18:19 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Residents of the Night Shelter on Thursday were the recipients of “Christmas Cheer,” brought to them by the Ministry of Social Protection, Demerara Tobacco Company, Continental Agency and Harris Paints.The residents were treated to a Christmas lunch hosted by the Ministry of Social Protection and were provided hampers by the Demerara Tobacco Company.In an effort to “rejuvenate” the shelter, Harris Paints donated 20 gallons of paint along with Continental Agency which also donated 12 gallons of paint.Present at the event was Minister of Social Protection,Cheap Air Max Shoes, Volda Lawrence who praised the entities for their kind gestures towards the Shelter. They are ensuring that the centre is not maintained solely on monies provided in the Ministry’s annual budget. This budgetary allocation, she said, is insufficient to achieve everything the Ministry sets out to do.“Today’s gesture shows that you are high on our agenda of priorities,Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic,” adding, “When I came here first, I recognized that this place is not one where humans should be and so we placed the issues on top of the agenda at the Ministry…you are never forgotten.”The Minister said that several measures have been put in place to ensure a clean-up and “fix it drive,” in an effort to make the conditions at the shelter better.Administrator of the shelter, Sheila Veersammy, said that she had stated her intention to host a Christmas social for the residents as it has never been done before.She related that when she first went unto the job,Cheap Sports Jerseys, she had asked whether there was a Christmas social at the shelter. The workers had informed her that indeed there was a social but that was only for the employees and not for the residents.“When I heard that,cheap jerseys from china,” she said, “I wanted to know,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, why not?” After that, she related, she began laying the groundwork to give the residents their first Christmas social.“I believe that everyone has the right to feel the Christmas spirit which is all about love and sharing. It brings out the best in every individual and we can all aid in each other’s happiness,” said Veersammy.Normally, she said, caterers every year would do a special meal for the residents but that was it. This year, however, aside from the Christmas social, Veersammy and the caterers will be working together to create a menu for both the Christmas and New Year’s weekends for the residents.It is hoped that by next Christmas, the shelter will have an increased number of security, staff and volunteers. It is also hoped that there will be continuous upgrading of the facility and better psychiatric treatment for those who need it.