yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-6 19:41 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
As the Government of Guyana begins the process for the formulation of a National Youth Policy, Education Minister Rupert Roopnaraine emphasised the need for the policy to be more than a report.The event was attended by a number of officials including Education Minister Rupert Roopnaraine (fourth, left), Junior Education Minister Nicolette Henry (third, right), Presidential Advisor on Youth Empowerment, Aubrey Norton (second, right) and UNICEF Representative Marianne Flach (third, left).Instead, he said, the policy must be one driven by action and implementation.Minister Roopnaraine made the remarks during the opening session of a two-day workshop aimed at the finalisation of the National Youth Policy.The working sessions were convened by the Government of Guyana in collaboration with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).During his remarks, the Education Minister emphasised that the process was not just the crafting of a policy but the crafting of an action plan.“I’m not interested in any more reports; what I’m interested in is implementation. Any report that comes to me that does not have a program of implementation or an action plan is not a report I’m going to spend a lot of my time on,” Roopnaraine stressed.He further said that Guyana could only move forward with the fullest participation of young people in the affairs of the nation. He said too that the future of Guyana belongs to the young people.“We recognized this in the process of the reform of the constitution and what you should know is that when we came to writing the preamble of the constitution, we took word for word the submission that had been made by youths,” he added.Noting that the Education Ministry was enlarged to take in the former Ministry of Culture,cheap jerseys online, Youth and Sport, Roopnaraine said that his ministry became not only one of the largest but the one charged with an extremely important task.He noted that persons under 35 represented about 70% of Guyana.Additionally, youths are affected by all society’s ills including poverty, unemployment, and suicide.He stressed that the Ministry of Education and the youths of Guyana must be the main drivers for the work of national reconciliation, something which was much needed in Guyana.‘This process that we’re embarking on is on engaging youths to find the solutions and we’re very interested in hearing what has to be said,” he said.Noting that Guyana had a “fractured society”, Roopnaraine said that the future generation will be tasked with national reconciliation.“We have a nation that is always hovering on the brink of self-destruction; we need to heal the fissure in society…so I urge you to embark on the crusade for national reconciliation,” Roopnaraine said.Furthermore, the Minister promised that the concerns and recommendations raised during conversations will be taken seriously. He also said that the youths will be seen as partners of development.Roopnaraine noted that these promises were similarly made by previous administrations and never materialised. Nonetheless,Cheap Jerseys Outlet, he said, he was not only making new promises but honouring old commitments.He added that, despite the repeated disappointments, youths were still hopeful and actively participating in the development of Guyana. He added that this participation must extend to holding officials accountable.“I urge your full participation and engagement and I urge you to hold us accountable at those times you feel that we are not holding up our end of our bargain,” Roopnaraine charged.A section of the audience during yesterday’s opening session.During an overview of the two-day session, Presidential Advisor on Youth Empowerment, Aubrey Norton said that having ideas clash was imperative to the formulation of the policy. He emphasised that frank discussion was a necessity if the policy was going to be a true reflection of the needs of Guyana’s youths.He said too that the eventual outcome of the policy would be the professionalization of the nation’s youths.“The intention is to ensure that we place youth work on a professional footing so that youths can be involved in youth work well prepared and well trained,” Norton said.He also said that youth work must be shifted to an evidence based approach which will in turn be based on reality.For the workshop, the plenary sessions held were the forum for discussions on general views. Five working groups were also established to allow for discussion on thematic areas. For the most parts, the youths would be the most active participants in discussions held. While there were adults present, Norton said that these older persons were there as guides.He added that it was important that the youths and adults have a “symbiotic relationship”.During yesterday’s session, youths were able to take the floor and voice their conce