hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2424
用戶失蹤天數 1900
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-8 23:19 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
The Cheddi Jagan International Airport (CJIA) is equipped with a runway that is in excellent condition,cheap jerseys, said Director of Aviation Safety Regulation,Cheap Jerseys Authentic, Paula McAdam. She expressed her conviction that “there is no fault that I can put on the runway at Timehri.”She was at the time commenting on the Caribbean Airlines crash at CJIA last year which rendered one person an amputee when the aircraft went skidding off the runway.Paula McAdamMcAdam is currently a part of a team that is working to finalise a report on the tragic incident which had raised several questions about the CJIA runway.She related during an interview that a draft of the report has already been completed. There has also been a meeting with the National Transportation Safety Board of the United States (NTSB). According to McAdam, “they made some comments and we are still working to finalise the report.”She said that the Timehri runway is considered a bit short but it is more than adequate for the aircraft type that crashed at CJIA. Moreover this is one of the areas that the local aviation team has been examining, the Aviation Director added.On July 30, 2011, a CAL Boeing 737-800 aircraft crash landed at the local airport shortly after midnight. The aircraft,Cheap NFL Jerseys,?which overshot the runway, stopped short of a ravine, its nose cone segment breaking off.The incident was described as “a miracle landing” as all 163?people aboard—including six crew members—survived.A number of people were taken to hospital, and Guyana health authorities?reported that three people had to be admitted for treatment. One passenger later had to have a leg amputated. Subsequent news reports from Guyana and in the Wall Street Journal alleged pilot error.This view has been substantiated by McAdam who categorically noted that “that the airport is adequate to take this aircraft so there was nothing wrong with the runway…it is grooved,Cheap NFL Jerseys, there was no standing water, it was well lit,NFL Jerseys China Cheap, it was well marked as it should be marked…it was even marked with reflective paint so there is no fault that I can put on the runway at Timehri,” she insisted.A final report on the crash-landing is outstanding almost 18 months after the incident but there are reports that it is expected early next year. But according to McAdam the highly anticipated report would in fact require input from the oversight Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) for CAL which is based in Trinidad. “We are waiting for that but the investigation is going very well if I do say so myself…” This view was forthcoming even as she reflected on an American Airline accident in Jamaica which occurred about six months before the crash in Guyana.A report on that incident is yet to be completed, McAdam said, adding that “until you actually get involved with writing an accident report of that magnitude it is only then that you can appreciate what you have to do.”