hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2403
用戶失蹤天數 1879
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-9 02:48 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– Education OfficerIt is crucial that both teachers and students of public schools understand the importance of climate change, in order to better relate to the constant transformation of the environment.This notion was emphasised by Assistant Chief Education Officer, Secondary, Ms Melcita Bovell, who has for the past two decades been involved in environmental activities.According to Ms Bovell during a telephone interview with this newspaper, there is need to examine the changing pattern in the environment locally, since Guyana is not simply a shoreline.And to ensure that schools are abreast of the changes, she disclosed, a workshop was recently undertaken to edify teachers and students in this regard.She related that one teacher and two students drawn from each of the 11 educational districts attended the workshop.At that one-day forum, she said,jerseys cheap nfl, the participants were able to interface with officials from UNESCO and Iwokrama, who were able to put the climate change phenomenon over in the context of Guyana.Ms Bovell explained that often students, and even some teachers, read textbooks about climate change but are unable to relate the situation to Guyana. She added that when creeks start to dry up and other environmental signs of climate change become evident,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, as is the situation locally, there is a dire need to better relate to the state of affairs.She added that it is anticipated that the participants of the workshop will be able to return to their respective areas and share their newly acquired knowledge,Cheap Sports Jerseys, in order to further heighten awareness on the issue.It is anticipated that a networking system will be established in the various districts for this purpose,Cheap Jerseys Online, the senior official related.As a follow-up to the workshop, Ms Bovell revealed, the participants of the workshop will be tasked with preparing a portfolio on the issue of climate change, with a view to determining their individual levels of understanding.According to Ms Bovell, the presentations will be judged,Cheap Air Max 90 Men Shoes, and the group (one teacher and two students) that exhibits the best understanding of climate change will become eligible to attend a workshop in Barbados.Additionally, she disclosed, the best climate change presentation will be placed on a website which will serve to help persons better accept the fact that the phenomenon is affecting Guyana as well.Through this venture, Ms Bovell speculated, Guyanese will be more conscious and action will be engaged to address the problem in a more responsible way and on a wider scale.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2403
用戶失蹤天數 1879
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-9 02:49 
A 10-year-old schoolboy was killed on Sunday after a speeding car, driven by a police constable, smashed into him on the Sisters Village, West Bank Demerara (WBD) Public Road, in the vicinity of the area’s post office. The vehicle only came to a stop after hitting a parked vehicle on the roadway and slamming into a utility pole before turning turtle on the roadway.Dead is Davin Sealey,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, a Patentia Primary School student of Sisters Village.The car’s driver,Cheap China Jerseys, who is attached to the Brickdam Police Station, was reportedly under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident which occurred sometime around 20:30 hrs.The police in a statement said that Sealey was riding a bicycle along the road when he was struck down by a motor vehicle that was driven by a Police Constable, who was later found to be over the limit in terms of the consumption of alcohol.The 10-year-old was pronounced dead at the West Demerara Regional Hospital while the police constable has been admitted to the hospital.In an interview yesterday, Sealey’s mother, Tealica Thomas said that her son left home to go and search for his father when he met his demise.“I was home and my husband come and call me, and when I run out on the road, they de done take he to the hospital,Wholesale Jerseys Authentic,” a devastated Thomas said. She added that when she was taken to the hospital to see her son,Cheap NFL Authentic Jerseys, he was already dead. “He was crushed. His neck break, his hands and feet break up.”The child’s father, Dion Sealey said that he was standing in front of his mother’s home, talking to his brother when he noticed the car speed past the Wales Police Station and then it passed him on the road.“I see this car speeding going, and then I see like the driver lost control of the vehicle and hit someone and then it hit a car that was parked on the road and crashed into the pole, but I didn’t know it was my son get hit,” the man said.He added that he rushed to the scene to see who was struck down—that was when he saw it was his son.“When I run to see who get knock down,Cheap Jerseys China, I see my son lying there in blood and it looked like he was already dead,” the boy’s father recounted.He explained that his son was taken to the hospital by a neighbour while the police constable was transported to the hospital by ranks at the Wales Station.Charges are likely to be instituted as soon as the constable is discharged from hospital.Meanwhile, early yesterday 32-year-old Geeta Boodhoo was struck down on the Sisters Village Public road—a stone’s throw from where the 10-year-old boy was killed.According to information received, Boodhoo was walking on the Public Road with two of her children when a car struck her from behind and flung her into a nearby drain. After hitting her, the vehicle then collided with a car travelling in the opposite direction.Boodhoo was rushed to the hospital in an unconscious state. She is now in a stable condition and will be discharged shortly. The driver of the car was taken into custody.In December 2014, Geeta Boodhoo lost her wrist when her husband reportedly went berserk and killed her mother, Bibi Zalima Khan and daughter, Ashley Boodhoo. Her lover, Floyd Drakes was also killed during the chopping spree, while she managed to escape.Her husband and his son were arrested and charged.