yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2425
用戶失蹤天數 1772
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-12 20:26 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Gunmen on a motorcycle struck last night in the city,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, killing a businessman during a daring robbery at the popular Juice Power establishment in Middle Street.Thirty-two-year-old Ricardo Hendricks, a wholesaler, of D’Urban Street, Werk-en-Rust, was pronounced dead on arrival at the Georgetown Public Hospital at some time around 19:00 hours yesterday.Reports are that he was shot at point blank range to the head by one of two gunmen who pounced on him at Juice Power on Middle Street. The gunmen escaped with a bag containing an undisclosed sum of money.The dead man’s father, Richard Hendricks, told Kaieteur News that they had just left Golden Coast Restaurant when the gunmen struck.“We were going to buy water, and after I see the lotto shop nearby, I decide to go there to buy tickets.”While I walking away from the vehicle, I saw two men walking up to the vehicle, and then next thing I hear is a gunshot,Cheap Jerseys China,” Hendricks said.He added that he then saw two men running from his son’s vehicle with a bag which contained a sum of cash.“I start running behind the men and they shot at me, and I just throw myself down on the ground,” Hendricks recalled.Mr. Hendricks said he got up and continued running behind the men,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, who were already on a motorcycle, and he managed to grab one of them.Relatives at the GPHC last night“I grab onto he and he fire two more shot and I throw myself down on de road near a car again, and they ride away.” Fighting to hold back tears, Hendricks said that some of his son’s employees helped him rush his son to the GPHC. Shortly after, doctors informed him that his only son had died.“They coulda tek de money and go; they didn’t have to kill he. That is cruel.” He said that he was more than willing to take a bullet for his son.“I did running fuh catch dem. Dem shoulda kill me instead…He got he two daughters and wife,” the grieving father said.Also recalling the incident was one of the dead man’s employees, who said that he had just walked away from the vehicle to purchase the water at Juice Power.“As soon as I reach in de place to buy de water, I hear one ah dem other boy shouting fuh me, but by the time I reach outside, I hear de gunshot and I see de men running away,” the man recalled. He surmised that the gunmen had trailed them.He said everything happened so quickly that he hadn’t a chance to see the gunmen’s faces. Mr. Hendricks said that he, his wife and son were expected to leave for the United States on Wednesday to have their citizenship renewed.At the hospital,Cheap China Jerseys, loud wailing erupted from other family members,wholesale jerseys, who had rushed there as news of the tragedy spread.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2425
用戶失蹤天數 1772
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-12 20:29 
The education system in Guyana was greatly boosted yesterday when 525 trained teachers graduated from the Cyril Potter College of Education (CPCE).However, even as this is expected to benefit the education sector, significant concerns were raised by Principal of the College, Myrtle Fanfair. She spoke about the lack of interest by men to become teachers.She told the gathering at the National Cultural Centre, during the 74th graduation exercise of the college yesterday, that of the 1,768 students who were registered for the current academic year, less than 16 percent were males.“This batch has the largest number of females, with over 84 percent of those registered for the certificate programme being females,” Fanfair said.She stressed that more men need to access tertiary education. Yesterday, of the 525 teachers that graduated, 136 of those will be teaching for the first time in the new school year.Karen Kowlessar, who was the Best Graduating Student, received the Prime Minister’s Award after gaining a distinction with her attained score of 85.9 percent.Addressing the gathering about the past year at the college, Fanfair said that there were a number of challenges, most serious of them being the academic aspect of the institution which suffered the loss of many staff.Nine members of the academic staff either resigned or simply left during the past school year. There was also the loss of librarians.During the year, she added, attempts were made to increase the academic work force but, unfortunately, those efforts were not crowned with much success.To add to the already ailing staff situation, she said,China Jerseys Free Shipping, was the fact that the college also lost the services of a number of non-academic employees. The loss of these workers was as a result of resignations and retirement.Speaking about the other challenges the institution faced, the Principal noted that the college was also unable to supply adequate clean and potable water to its students,Cheap NFL Jerseys Online, both residential and non-residential.“The water flowing through the taps is discoloured, and there is inadequate funding, since the administration cannot meet the needs.We are currently hopeful, because the Ministry of Education has promised to install a water purification system before the end of this calendar year,” she added.The institution also struggled over the year with electrical problems which are due to damaged underground cables. Despite the challenges, the staff persevered and was able to achieve a number of significant achievements, Fanfair proudly added.Speaking to the graduands, the Principal pointed out that Guyanese no longer live in a safe society but,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, instead, in a ‘very hostile’ environment, which is getting worse each day.“I believe, however, that there is still hope ahead, and that teachers will be able to turn the situation around in our country.”For teachers to do such a job, she pointed out, they must have a full understanding of the individual students in the classrooms.Anna Regina and Rose Hall branches of the institution,wholesale jerseys, however, performed best in the overall examination, with one hundred percent passes. One student from Berbice gained a distinction, while all the others from both Essequibo and Berbice gained credits.The institution has branches in various parts of the country, except in Regions Five and Eight.Minister of Education, Shaik Baksh, in delivering the feature address, stated that with more trained teachers in the system, a higher level of achievement from children in Guyana is expected.“At present, only 57 percent (10,000) of our teachers are trained, but that is totally inadequate. Over the next five years, we will have to triple the number of graduants of the CPCE in order to achieve a 70 percent trained teachers in Guyana.”The education sector, he said, enjoys the highest percentage of the budget.Across the region, Guyana has taken the key in terms of resources that are allocated to the education sector,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, he said.“The training of teachers must be related to the overall goals of the education system, with the advancements of our social and economic development as a people.”He added that, over the next few weeks, the ministry will begin to advertise for persons to fill the vacancies at the college.Among the outstanding students yesterday were Lisa Foo, Nikita Garraway, Leshia Garraway, Melinna Matthews, Salina Rampersaud and Claudette Rodney.Kaieteur News close associate Geron Marshall graduated with a credit. (Tusika Martin)