yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-16 03:33 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
(By Mondale Smith) Bring it on miss,Cheap Football Jerseys, we’ll do this together ‘Daddy I want to go home’ seems to be the thought of this little one as he stands outside a classroom at St Margaret’s.After the July/August holiday concluded yesterday the school-aged population returned to the classroom in their numbers.Thousands greeted their first day at school as a day for renewed friendships and adjusted well to the classroom. This publication visited several schools in the capital city to see the unfolding which proved a mixed bag.We started our visit at the St? Angela’s Primary. There the hustle and bustle was evident as most of the older students stood in line.There were a few who wanted to be at the head while others simply wanted to know which line they should queue up in. Mere minutes later, the bell rang and the brief “hands up,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, down, out, in, up,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, down” sessions were conducted. Then came time for prayers and while some obviously did not know the words, others were very concentrated in their recital. Then there were others who simply used the prayer time to be “trouble-the-next-person-in-line” time.From the look of things,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, the head teacher and her staff probably got things together before the day was through. However, there were a few who couldn’t wait for the lunch period while others simply showed off their new bags, books, boots etc.In the nursery section some were eager to play with their new found friends while others in the minority wanted nothing to do with school. Tears did flow despite the teachers’ best efforts at reassuring them that they are safe.But it was not just the children who didn’t want to let go as some parents stood outside with worried looks on their faces as if they had just sent their babies off to college in some country far away.Our next stop was at the St Margaret’s Primary on Camp Street where school was definitely in session. Most of the students there were already in their classrooms. As has become traditional with the first-timers there were a few cry-babies among the lot.Some sang, others coloured and yet others took on the role of comforters to the tearful ones.At the location, while some wanted nothing to do with the teachers and fellow students others were a picture of happiness with enquiring eyes ready to face life’s new challenge of schooling.Of the lot of first timers at the institution, there was one lass who was a bubbly burst of energy,Cheap Air Max 2018 Shoes, and she proudly told her class teacher “Miss I’m six year old Riana Mc Curchin and I’m a new student in your class.”Our next stop was New Life? Ministries Nursery School, Alberttown, where the scene was a happy one among the many tiny faces.Most of the class appeared anxious to be in school.One toddler held onto his mother for dear life and she eventually became a nursery school student for a greater part of the morning.We then visited St Gabriel’s primary where class was already in session.The scene of first day at school there was more like the middle of the term as students were already writing essays about their holiday.One disappointment for the day was the now customary scene at most schools of children looking like travellers dragging along way too large ‘suitcases’.This publication also noted that several other schools were with out the full complement of teachers.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-16 04:28 
The $427.5M Leonora Technical and Vocational Training Centre at Groenveldt, Leonora, Region Three, was officially commissioned on Monday last, by Prime Minister Samuel Hinds.The institute has the capacity to house 250 fulltime students and 200 part-time.Prime Minister Hinds stated that educational development is being taken to every part of the country as more services are being brought to the rural areas,Nike Air Max Shoes For Women, services which were previously only offered in Georgetown.He urged that persons in the area make use of the opportunities being provided to them,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, especially those that are being offered at this new institute so that their levels of education can be elevated.The $427.5 Leonora Technical and Vocational Training CentreMinister of Education, Shaik Baksh, explained that the construction of the Technical Institute and Vocational Training Centre at Leonora and another in Region 5 is a Government of Guyana in collaboration with the Caribbean Development Bank project, valued at US$9.6M.“In terms of our strategic plan, by the end of 2013, we are supposed to have 70 schools with this programme. As I speak now, we have 59, so we will meet our target,” Baksh stated.The Education Ministry is hoping to commence, in January 2012, a Technical Teachers Training Programme where the teachers will be trained in technical methodology.“We have to design the programme and we have to attract participants for the two- year programme. So these persons will be more qualified and competent to teach the students in the field.”The Technical Institutes and Skills Training Centres will allow students to obtain training in 10 different subject areas: Secretarial Science, Informational Technology, Masonry,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, Carpentry,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, Agriculture, Motor Mechanics, and Electrical Installation etc.According to the Minister, in 1992 there were 5,000 students writing the Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) Examinations and this has increased to more than 12,000 in 2011.Kaieteur News was told that the curriculum has been broadened so that students can have a wide range of options since in 1992, there were only 20,000 subject entries and these entries have increased to 70,wholesale nfl jerseys,000.Baksh emphasized that the education sector has reaped successes not only in terms of educational access in Guyana but also the performance of students.“The results at our examination have been growing and I am proud to announce that in 2011 we have reached a pass rate of 64 per cent… We have already started the process of revamping the education system and I want to assure everyone that we have the programmes, interventions and measures in place to see rapid improvements in education over the next two to three years. We have narrowed the skills gap in Guyana as every year investments were made to technical institutes and skills training centers, for them to have a more practical delivery of courses which will see, not only school drops outs, but also those technically inclined, being granted the opportunities to fulfill their studies.”Baksh noted that in excess of 2,000 teachers are currently being trained in-service and pre-service at the Cyril Potter College of Education (CPCE).(Kristen Macklingam)

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-16 11:52 
The Alliance for Change has condemned President Bharrat Jagdeo’s explanation of the reason for the recent increase in excise tax on gasoline and diesel as ludicrous.According to the party, the almost ridiculous conditionality that the President stipulated when he said that he will only reduce the high taxes on fuels if he sees minibus drivers reducing their fares vindicated the AFC’s position that there was a deficit of leadership on this issue for sometime now.In a release to the media yesterday, the party reiterated its call for the government and its relevant agencies, namely Guyana Revenue Authority, the Guyana Energy Agency and Guyoil, to make a reduction of fuel prices at the pumping stations happen.The party noted that President Jagdeo’s arguments that such high taxes are a price stabilizer “are most ludicrous”, questioning whether if “this is what he had in mind when he put the VAT at a rate of 16 per cent instead of 8 per cent…He will fool no one…Everyone knows that taxing fuel is for extraction from both the poor and the rich more revenues for the President and his Government to continue their misspending,Wholesale Jerseys, extravagance and waste.”The party noted that oil prices on the international market have now dropped to remarkable lows this year to below $70 US per barrel, from a high of $147 some months ago and in all Caribbean countries this drop is reflected at the pumping station,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, except Guyana.It was pointed out that the government seemingly does not understand that the high prices of fuel,Cheap NFL Jerseys From China, especially dieseline and gasoline, will direly affect not only ordinary consumers, like private car owners and transportation dealers, but also our farmers and fishermen and users in industry.“Industries especially can find their final product uncompetitive as a result of this high local cost when in every other Caribbean country there has been a downward swing…So farmers will find this local cost too high so as to get a competitive edge….The bad economic leadership on this fuel issue must not be allowed to continue. It is one of the root causes for the impoverishment of Guyanese.”The party also called on relevant stakeholders such as the Manufacturers’ Association and the Private Sector Commission to come out and demand a reduction in the local fuel prices, saying that their silence was almost deafening.The silence was a result of the government’s instinctive attitude of vindictiveness, adding that “Guyana’s industries today need more Yesu Persauds. Taxes are used as a mechanism for stabilising the price of a commodity”.When the price on the world market for a product such as gasoline and diesel rises, the excise tax levied against it on import will reduce and as the price falls,Wholesale China Jerseys, tax will go back up.This is according to Head of State, Bharrat Jagdeo, who lashed out at the opposition parties for their comments against the recent increase in the excise tax on the two products.The excise tax on gasoline was hiked from seven to 20 per cent and diesel from zero to 14 per cent on September 4 last. “This is to ensure that we have stability in price of product.”He said that if the excise tax remained excessively low, when the price reduced on the world market “then there would be no cushion when the prices go up back.”He posited that this was the reason why gasoline was selling at the various stations for just about $1,000 per gallon rather than $1,600 or more per gallon.He lashed out at the critics of the increase,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, saying that “they” do not address the background to a situation.The President also said that he was prepared to lower the excise tax on gas if minibuses and taxis would drop their fares.“I am not going to pass on greater benefits to minibus operators at the expense of the consumer…I prefer to take the money and give to property related programs…Not the taxi drivers and minibus operators.”When the gas prices began to spiral out of control, the President had ordered the reduction of the excise tax on gasoline and diesel from 50 per cent, eventually to seven and zero percent respectively.Likewise, when the price of fuel on the world market dropped from an all time high of US$147 a barrel to below US$85, the excise tax was increased to 20 per cent for gas and 14 per cent for diesel. This attracted a plethora of criticism from the parliamentary opposition parties.This newspaper has also learnt that the prices at the pumps are unlikely to decrease anytime soon, given that the current supply of fuel on the markets were purchased at the increased prices and any new supply will incur the new excise tax.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-16 17:19 
By Melissa JohnsonLITTLE AFRICA, CORRIVERTON – I’ve met a few persons who achieved the age of 100 and beyond, but never have I had the joy of meeting one as feisty as the 109-year old Ismay Spooner.She lives in what the villagers call Little Africa, a deserted part of Eliza and Mary in Corriverton, Corentyne. My heart tells me she is the joy and light of that tiny community.Born in Barbados on December 27, 1900 and having arrived in Guyana at a tender age, the lucid lady still holds tightly to her ‘Bajan’ accent.“My parents came to Guyana as labourers and I come with them when I was about ten or 11 (years old). That was the time they were bringing people to clean up Guyana. They were bringing slaves to clean up.“Guyana wasn’t like what it is now. I work in the back dam and couldn’t go to school. They worked us and gave us eight cents. But that was eight cents and you could buy whatever you wanted. We worked in rain and shine to survive.”Mrs. Ismay Spooner give birth to one but raised several other children. “I adopt plenty children. I had one child and she died in the U.S.A. at a young age. Me ain’t got nobody but God, and these here who take care of me.”Her husband died many years ago. She is not the only one in her family to enjoy longevity. Her mother made it to 102. Back in the day she had her share of fun, clean fun. She had always been a teetotaler and smoking was never a part of her routine.“I liked dancing especially when I put on the stilts. I like dancing but not the kind of dancing they got nowadays. Dance ah dance, wine ah wine; they got this wuk up dance nowadays.” said Mrs. Spooner and chuckled.It has been more than 50 years since she lost sight in both eyes but that does not stop her from enjoying God’s gift to her – long life. What I admire most about her is that she wallows not in self-pity but sees everyday as a blessing, an opportunity to praise God and she embraces each day as a privilege.“Thank God, He knows all. I am not worthy for the least of His blessings but he keeps me alive. Thank God. I go to Church once a month. I contented to be in the land of the living.”She moves around but with some assistance. “Me mouth strong; no matter what happen to me, me mouth strong. I can’t complain they treat me well.”The centenarian noted that she eats whatever is given to her and is not picky, but of course she too has a sweet tooth. “I like ice cream, chocolate milk and so on.”In a jolly way between bouts of laughter, she said Santa Claus forgot her this Christmas. “Yeah I was good but Santa did not come and see me. Santa ain’t got time fuh old people; he got time fuh young people. Christmas was quiet. Me birthday was quiet. Thank God,Cheap Jerseys From China Outlet, I am alive.“I wasn’t sick, thank God. I pray for those who take care of me.” But for the New Year she is hoping that some good Samaritan would present her with a radio. “Me nah want clothes; me got clothes till me ain’t even know what to put on.?? I like listening to the preaching on the radio. Yeah I want a radio.”When I promised to return next December to join her in celebrating her 110th birth anniversary she was quick to respond,Cheap Jerseys, “The time is already fixed. I am going to spend half of next year – January to June here and after them time, I gone.”At this point she began singing,Boston Celtics Jerseys, “Goodbye,Jerseys From China, goodbye. I going where Florence gone. Goodbye, goodbye I going where Florence gone.”Florence was Iris February’s mother. She died many years ago. It is Iris February and her sister who took care of Mrs. Ismay Spooner.The centenarian said that she shared a close relationship with Florence and when the latter passed away she decided to take her place as mother to Iris February and her sibling.We argued for a while about who would be right, whether she would be alive or dead next December and she stood her ground, made her point and did not give in until she had the last say.After a brief silence, the centenarian blurted out, “This is serious business now,Cheap Jerseys From China, no joke.When I lay down here at night the Holy Spirit speaks to me. The Holy Spirit speaks to all of us but we don’t know it.”She told a story of a transparent house, an angel and a child.At one point I felt she was making it up as she went along and I said to myself, Boy, she is good, a real piece of work.”But as it turned out the same child in the dream was taken to her home a few days later and Mrs. Spooner took the little girl and raised her as her own until she passed away.Moments later, the centenarian said, “I dream it all just how it happen, and that was the child I dream of. Everything was the same in the dr

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-17 02:11 
The Victoria Primary School on the East Coast Demerara,Wholesale China NFL Jerseys, was victorious at the village’s recent Schools’ Quiz Competition. Its opponent was St. Andrews Primary School of neighbouring village, Cove and John.The competition was held at the Victoria Primary, as part of the village’s 172 Anniversary celebrations.? The students were quizzed on the ‘History of Victoria’, a publication which is written by Williams Nicholas Arno. The booklet was given to the students two weeks prior to the competition.Nallissa Charles,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, a Grade Five student of Victoria Primary won the Keltec Document Centre Trophy?for scoring the highest points, 25,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, while the second top scorer was Alliyah Josiah of St. Andrews Primary who gained 20 points.The visiting team took the first round, scoring 14 points to Victoria’s 12.? In the second round Victoria Primary took lead with 43 to 23 points.Charles excelled in the Final Round scoring 10 points giving Victoria Primary a comfortable victory with 53 to 35 points.Apart from Nallissa Charles, the Victoria Primary team was made up of Joshia Benjamin, Allanna Gulliver and Kimberly Hossanah.St. Andrews Primary was represented by Martiza Lutchman, Jada Thomas, Roxanne?Austin,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Alliyah Josaih,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, and Paulann Charles.Victoria was purchased by ex-slaves on November 7, 1839, one year after the abolition of slavery. They started out as farmers and to date agriculture continues to be the village’s major economic activity.