yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2407
用戶失蹤天數 1753
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-16 12:50 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
The surprise resignation of Ganga Persaud as Minister of Local Government on Thursday was no surprise at all, says President Donald Ramotar.Addressing the issue yesterday, the President said that he has been talking with Persaud from “time to time”.“I accepted his resignation…What he said is what happened.”“He resigned…I accepted his resignation,” was all President Ramotar would say when asked whether he had anything to do with the former Minister’s resignation.The President also made it clear that while his Cabinet of Ministers has been meeting targets,NFL Jerseys Cheap, it is a known fact that he has been pushing for more efficiency and improvements in performance.On Thursday,Cheap Jerseys NFL China, citing personal reasons and family responsibilities,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, Minister Persaud, a long-time stalwart of the People’s Progressive Party, said that he has resigned his post effective January 31. The statement was sent to all media houses.He was absent from the National Assembly on Thursday when the statement came out.Even his own colleague Members of Parliament (MPs) expressed surprise.“My resignation as Minister of Local Government and Regional Development is based on personal issues presently engaging my attention as well as some additional responsibilities to which I am committed.”Persaud was a surprise pick by President Donald Ramotar to his Cabinet, following the November 2011 General and Regional Elections.He did not indicate whether he will be stepping down as a Member of Parliament but made it clear that he will continue to back the ruling PPP/C.Opposition Leader,Wholesale Jerseys Online, David Granger, had “no clue”, but said that Minister Persaud, as the point person for local government organs, had done a lot of damage by installing a number of Interim Management Committees (IMCs) throughout the country. Granger was still hopeful that Local Government Elections, last held in the 90’s,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, can still be hosted by mid-year.Persaud said he remained supportive of the ruling party.“It was a distinct pleasure for me to have served as a Member of the Cabinet. I am extremely grateful to His Excellency, Mr. Donald Ramotar, for the confidence he placed in me and I wish to declare my fullest support to him and his Government. I pledge to do all that I can to support the PPP/C Government in everything that it is doing to bring greater, happiness and comfort to all of us as Guyanese.”The Minister has been in the hot seat, especially concerning the state of Georgetown and late last year, the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding to establish a US$30M recycling plant.Government abandoned the MoU after revelations that the company may not have had the experience or resources for such a project. The administration admitted that proper due diligence was not followed.He has also served in two Ministries as the Permanent Secretary – the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Legal Affairs.