yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2409
用戶失蹤天數 1756
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-17 06:35 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
A trip to Lethem by a team of workers from the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GT&T) had to be aborted when tragedy struck yesterday morning, following a vehicular accident that left one man dead and three others injured.Twenty-six year-old contract worker Trevon Morris of 23 Norton Street, Wortmanville,Cheap MLB Jerseys, was pronounced dead, while two of his colleagues Jermaine Prince, 38, of Queenstown, Georgetown and Lawrence Harris, both full-time employees, were airdashed to the city after the driver of the double cab pick-up they were travelling in lost control of the vehicle causing it to run off the Mabura Road, a few minutes’ drive from a location called 58 miles, around 10:15 hours.The driver of the vehicle and another worker reportedly received lesser injuries and were taken to the Mackenzie Hospital for treatment.Kaieteur News understands that the workers left the GT&T Thomas Lands, Georgetown location around 05:00 hours for Lethem where they were to engage in some infrastructure work.One of the workers told this newspaper via telephone that he and some other workers were in another vehicle which was proceeding in front of the one in which Morris and the others were traveling.The employee said that somewhere along the trail they observed that the other vehicle was not behind them, so they stopped and waited for it to catch up with theirs. After waiting for about five minutes and the vehicle did not show up, they became suspicious and turned back to see what had happened.“When we drove back, we saw the vehicle off the road in the bushes on its side. There was no one in the vehicle. The driver was standing holding his shoulder, another man was in the bush in a sitting position and one man was lying on the road corner,” the employee explained.While he could not say definitively what caused the accident, he suggested that the condition of the road could have been a major factor.“It was near a turn and the entire area is bad. He (driver) must have tried to avoid a hole and lost control,” the employee suggested.According to him,Nike NFL Jerseys China, within minutes of the accident, medical personnel from the Mabura Health Centre responded and assisted the injured.“The response was very quick,” he stated.GT&T workers wait anxiously outside the St. Joseph Mercy Hospital’s EmergencyRoom for word on their injured colleagues.Meanwhile, the dead man’s mother, Olive Morris, who is also employed by the telephone company, said that she was informed of his death about an hour after the accident occurred. She said that this was not the first such trip for her son who has been with the GT&T for close to four years.“I don’t know what happened but like after 10… after 11, a guy come and ask me if my son got a Digicel phone and I said ‘No’….Is till after another friend call me and say ‘wha happen to your son?’ and I say ‘I don’t know’. Is then I get the message,” she said, while holding back tears.As news of the tragedy spread,Wholesale Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, relatives and friends converged at Morris’ home to offer their condolences.GT&T in a statement yesterday afternoon said “While en route to Lethem, staff of GT&T this morning were involved in an accident on the Mabura Road resulting in the death of Contractor,Cheap Jerseys Supply, Trevon Morris and injuries to full time staff Mr. Jermaine Prince and Lawrence Harris.”The company said that Morris died at the scene of the accident, while Prince and Harris were air-dashed to Ogle International Airport,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, and are receiving medical attention at a city hospital.“GT&T extends deepest condolences to the family of Mr. Morris and will ensure the injured staffers are given every available medical support to aid recovery.”The condition of both of the injured men is listed as stable.