標題: Wholesale NFL Jerseys ” the contractor asserted.
無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2375
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-17 12:35 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
The Public Works Ministry has disclosed that it will be approaching the police this week with evidence supporting its claims of fraud against the contractor, Falcon Transportation and Construction Services. This is in keeping with the advice of the Attorney General.Although the Ministry had received the advice since late July, it waited until the contractor went publicPublic Works Minister Robeson Bennaccusing Ministry’s officials of pressuring him for kickbacks. The contractor believes that his constant refusals to give gifts cost him the $468 million contract.After denying that the Ministry was told of the demands for gifts, Transport Minister Robeson Benn changed his tune yesterday,Jerseys NFL Cheap, during a press conference at his Kingston Office. The Minister admitted that the contractor had sent a letter to the Ministry making assertions that a Clerk of Works had requested a gift, possibly a minibus. He assured that the letter was forwarded to the Ministry’s Work Services Group for investigation.Benn said, “I recollect now in hindsight that there was some letter, and that the Clerk of Works and some Engineers were very upset with the assertions that were being made, but we will investigate on all of these things.”“I want to feel pretty sure that given the fractious relations that our Clerk of Works and Engineers have had with respect to this project, it (the termination of the contract) has nothing to do with any requests,” he added.Benn has invited the contractor to present the long list of demands for bribes to either the Ministry or the police to have the matter dealt with condignly. He emphasized that the mere cancellation of a contract does not require aspersions.“I have already instructed my people, the Permanent Secretary and the Work Services Group, to investigate the issues as it relates to the Ministry. I will invite an independent person,Cheap NFL Jerseys, otherwise the Guyana Association of Professional Engineers. I will be making contact with them to pronounce on our actions and issues relating to the contract…the legal aspect and professional aspect,” the Minister said.However, even with the instructions to investigate allegations at the Ministry, which involves staff, the Minister said, “Outside of any other issues with respect to professional, ethical or any other issue, I am standing by my engineers. The press is fully aware when I needed to make changes in this Ministry we have taken actions to improve, and we are improving.”The Minister expressed his displeasure that the names of engineers who were involved in meetings were listed in the media.“This is to sully their reputation and to get them involved in issues which would either be otherwise slander or libelous, because a long list of Ministry’s Work Services Group officials, engineers and other people at lower levels are mentioned, and somehow there will be guilt by association,” Benn added.According to Benn, corruption allegations by the contractor are not the issue. In fact, he believes that the contractor made the allegations to hurt the image of the Ministry.“It appears as though there were no problems until we cancelled the contract. It appears this Ministry is being damned if it does and damned if it doesn’t. I am not prepared to be damned here when I know we are making genuine efforts to improve and to deliver to the Government and people of Guyana good engineering projects.”Millions of dollars in steel work has been left to the mercy of the elements as a result of the controversy.Benn is adamant that fraudulent submissions and non-performance should be the focus.He related that in April, a site visit showed numerous defects to the project and the contractor was asked to make corrections, but they were never done. But the fraudulent submissions of concrete testing results and purchase and provision of steel were the main bones of contention.The Minister stressed that the contractor forged University of Guyana test result sheets and the signature of a Mr. Jackson. Explaining why a Ministry’s official signature was on the testing certificate, Benn stated that it was an acknowledgment of receipt and not the acceptance of the result.With respect to non-performance, Benn said, “Significant portions of work have to be done. In spite of our supervisors and engineers rejecting work and saying they have to be reworked, we have been ignored.”The contractor’s claim that Ministry’s equipment for testing the strength of concrete was malfunctioning was debunked. According to Benn, the Ministry’s lab equipment has always been functional and if there are issues with the equipment, the University of Guyana, LINMINE lab or any private laboratory could be used as alternatives.Even with the extended problems the Ministry claims it has been having with the contractor, a total of $207M was spent on the project. Apparently, the advance pay

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 1735
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-17 12:41 
Almost a year after 35-year-old truck driver Sewcharran Persaud Ugraj was killed in anThe late: Sewcharran Persaud Ugraj with his son in happier timesaccident on Sheriff Street, in Georgetown, his relatives fear that justice will not be served.Eyewitnesses and the police have never showed up when the matter was called in court, and the case could be thrown out.The family is therefore pleading with these persons to come forward and to assist them in their quest for justice. The next court date is in May.Ugraj, of 162 Mon Repos? Pasture, East Coast Demerara was killed when a Toyota IST bearing license plate number PMM 1094,? slammed into him as he stood on Sheriff Street around 04:30 hours on June 26, last year.Reports indicated that the car, driven by Photographer Delano Williams, who had just left the Buddy’s Nite Club, was headed north along Sheriff Street when he, Williams, lost control of the car and swerved into Ugraj who was standing on the eastern side of the road, near Angee’s Boutique.Ugraj was hurled a few feet away and died. The driver and his car landed in the trench just outside the Redeemer Lutheran church at the corners of Pike and Sheriff Streets.A post mortem conducted the day after the tragedy, revealed that Sewcharran died from multiple injuries,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, broken leg, neck, skull and foot.The deceased’s grieving mother, Ramrattie Ugraj, explained to this newspaper that her son had left home with a friend, who is also his employer, to go uplift his due salary, the Saturday morning.“His friend picked him up to go and collect his salary. He was supposed to return home at midday, but he did not,” she recalled.According to Mrs. Ugraj, several failed attempts were made by the man’s wife, Latisha Ugraj, to contact him on his cell phone. She subsequently started calling the friend with whom he left, but he was also unreachable.Mrs. Ugraj added that it was only until 9:30 the following morning (Sunday) that her daughter-in-law received a phone call from a rank from the Kitty Police Station who informed her that her husband was involved in an accident and advised she (Latisha) go down to the station.Ugraj’s parents, who reside in Enmore, were also subsequently informed of their son’s accident.“The police called us and asked us if we knew anyone by that name and they told us to come down to the station. We asked to speak to my son and they just keep telling us to come down, I asked how serious and they said they cannot disclose what happened,” Mr. Ugraj stated.He noted that after being told this,Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic, he suspected that his son had died.A press release issued by the Guyana Police Force Public Relations Office (PRO) a few hours after the incident,Cheap Jerseys From China, noted that the investigations had revealed that the driver of the motor car was driving at a fast rate when he lost control of the vehicle and struck down the pedestrian.Kaieteur News understands that the driver had been tested with the use of the breathalyzer and his alcohol content at the time was found to be over the legal limit.Williams, who was charged with causing the death of Ugraj by dangerous driving and driving under the influence of alcohol, pleaded not guilty to killing Sewcharran, and was released on $350,China NFL Jerseys,000 bail.This was after his attorney, Nigel Hughes,Nike Shox Men Clearance, requested bail for his client claiming that he has never been in trouble with the law before and bail was granted by the Magistrate.However the dead man’s father, Sahadeo Persaud, was not happy with the court’s decision to grant Williams bail. He noted that they have had four or five court dates since, but the police and eyewitnesses were no show.The family has since been pleading with these persons to come forward and not let their son’s case be screwed up and placed in the cold case cabinet.Mr. Ugraj disclosed to this publication that the defendant’s family had offered a settlement of millions, but no amount he says, can compensate them for their loss.Meanwhile, the dead man’s wife has been unstable since his demise. She and her three-year-old daughter and five-year-old son are being supported by her parents and in-laws.