yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2423
用戶失蹤天數 1769
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-10-21 06:35 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Lookout Mike! Regina was sitting behind my Geely 125 scooter and she spotted the blue 4×4 sports utility vehicle trying to cross the busy railway embankment. She attempted to alert me but I heard her call a mite too late.The vehicle was already in my path. I slammed on the brakes in a desperate attempt to stop the machine. Apparently, the driver of the errant vehicle panicked, instinctively slamming on his brakes.His vehicle came to a dead stop just in front of mine. It was impossible to avert a collision. There was a deafening sound as steel collided with steel. Darkness mercifully enveloped my world.Someone rigorously shook me. I opened my eyes and looked into the face of a complete stranger. He asked me a question. I must have muttered my telephone number because he was able to get in contact with my family to inform them of the accident. I am not certain what happened next.A friend that had been on the scene later told me that a police patrol that was in the area picked me up, placed me in their vehicle and amidst wailing sirens and screeching tires,Cheap NFL Jerseys China Free Shipping, raced me to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation.I regained consciousness while lying on the dressing table in the treatment room at the hospital. I did not immediately open my eyes. I heard the medical practitioners debating on my chances of survival. It was then that I spoke. “I am all right,” I said, even though that was far from the truth. Thereafter, a barrage of questions cascaded on my ear.“What is your name? What do you do for a living? How old are you?” They were mundane questions that any little child could have answered but I was later told that the doctors were merely attempting to establish whether I was in control of my major faculties.After that, everything was a blur. The doctors diagnosed my injuries. I had sustained a gaping wound just over my right eye from which the blood poured freely. I had also sustained a crushed femur (thigh bone). My body felt as though someone had washed me and hung me out to dry.A male technician arrived with an object resembling an electric drill in his hand. He deftly drilled a hole through my shinbone and inserted a steel rod, the two ends protruding on both sides of the leg.At around 22:30hrs, I experienced another bout of pain as the porters lifted my aching body onto the stretcher for a bumpy ride to the surgical ward.Upon arrival, they hoisted me on the bed and the technicians took over. They placed my leg on a makeshift traction and secured two small sand bags on both ends of the protruding steel pins.They then tied a length of bandage on both sides of the pin and affixed several small satchels filled with sand at the end of the bandages. My leg was then placed on a traction. Having done what was necessary to stabilize my condition, the technicians and medical crew disappeared.I know that they had done as much as they possibly could to mitigate my discomfort but my entire body screamed in pain. I vividly remembered the words of one of the medical practitioners. “Young man you are a lucky fellow.There are not many people that would have survived such a blow as you have received.” I refused to ponder on my luck, simply attributing the circumstances to the will of God.MISERYTraffic accidents leave a trail of misery and grief. As a journalist,Cheap Jerseys Paypal, I had rushed to the scene of many accidents and witnessed the unmitigated suffering and pain of the victims. I remembered standing helplessly by as the seriously injured bawled and groaned. April 3, 2004 was one such time.A huge palm tree in the Cemetery Road had fallen in the path of a motorcyclist, Pastor Courtney Abrams of the Faith Tabernacle Ministries at Alexander Village. The young man is now a cripple from his waist downwards. Despite his best efforts, Abrams received no form of compensation.He had approached the M&CC but was told that the Ministry of Public Works was the culprit.Thereafter, he was buffeted around from one entity to the next. In frustration, he decided to give up.? On 27 June 2003, 31-year-old Jeremy Mbozi and three others lost their lives after a GEB security vehicle careened into their car at Church and Oronoque Streets.Jeremy was sitting in the back seat of the car. I recently spoke with Mbozi’s mother, Yvonne. To this day the memory of that accident still haunts her.A few years ago former world rated boxer, Andrew Murray lost his life after his Toyota Carina 192 careened into a ravine in Moblissa, Linden/Soesdyke Highway. All that remains of the former Medal of Service awardee are fond memories.In Friday’s edition of Kaieteur News, a senior traffic rank of the Guyana Police Force reiterated the call for a denial of bail for errant road users that inflict grave pain and suffering on their fellow human-beings.PENALTYWhile many people empathize with accident vic