hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2376
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-3 02:36 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Although International Women’s Day is set to be observed the world over onParticipants at yesterday’s forumThursday (March 8), the Women and Gender Equality Commission (W&GEC) yesterday hosted a stirring panel discussion which not only revealed a number of instances of injustices faced by women in the society but also saw persons from a number of relevant organizations seeking to outline measures to address such situations.The forum,Cheap Jerseys China, held at the Regency Suites/Hotel, saw the attendance of a significant number of women from a number of organizations, both private and public, who were exposed to a wealth of information, which was not limited to the intervention of the judicial system and the police force, but also aid-organizations such as Help and Shelter and the Legal Aid Clinic.This is the second year that the Commission is seeking to observe International Women’s Day, and according to Minister of Human Services and Social Security, Jennifer Webster, “the time is opportune for consideration to be given to mandatory hospital reporting of domestic violence precedence by health care professionals.”She also revealed the need for the creation of a dedicated unit within the Guyana Police Force comprising persons specifically trained to conduct detailed investigation into such complaints.“I think that this will certainly reduce the time of completion of the investigative process so that the time for justice, that is, the access to justice by the victims and the perpetrators being brought to justice,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, could be realized in a timely way.”She reiterated the need to establish family counseling centres throughout the length and breadth of the country, and increased support for programmes to provide support to those women and children affected through the provision of more safe homes, especially for the victims of domestic violence.The Minister also spoke of the possibility of the creation of a body where victims can report problems encountered regarding the police,Soccer Jerseys From China, the magistracy and the justice system as a whole.She made reference to the creation of a standardised form or notice that could be served on the respondent which explains the responsibilities to that individual who has to attend a court hearing, or for that person to follow an order, and also identifies the repercussion for failing to comply with those responsibilities.Also the possible creation of a system that allows magistrates’ access to an applicant and respondent’s respective criminal record or any similar applications made prior, as it relates to the Domestic Violence Act, was disclosed by the Minister.According to her, there has been a notable increase of domestic violence cases, where some women have even lost their lives, and more recently,Cheap Basketball Jerseys, where a number of children have been victims of sexual abuse.“I think that this programme today is one that highlights some of the social issues we face in our society…”In recognition of the gravity of the situation, it is the view of Minister Webster that the protection of women from abuse will continue to be a key priority of the Government. Domestic and gender-based violence and abuse against women is unacceptable and should not be condoned in any form in the society, the Minister categorically asserted, even as she alluded to the ‘Beijing Platform for Action’ which reaffirms that all human rights are universal, indivisible, interdependent and interrelated.“We all recognize the importance of the full and equal enjoyment of all human rights and fundamental freedom for women and girls. Whilst in Guyana a number of key pieces of legislation have already been enacted, including the Domestic Violence Act and the new Sexual Offences Act, I have been listening to some of the presentations here this afternoon that indicate there are some weaknesses in the system which do severely affect implementation.”As such, the Government, through the Ministry of Labour Human Services and Social Security, is committed to working with all stakeholders including Non-Governmental Organisations, Women Groups, Churches and other Religious bodies to realise solutions to the current problems faced in the society, the Minister said.“I think this is important, because domestic violence is everyone’s business, and I recognize from the presentations and case studies presented here that the majority of victims of domestic violence are not accessing the justice system, and those who do have often had to experience unbearable levels of abuse before taking any action.”According to the Minister, the issue lies in the implementation of the laws, adding that “I am mindful that there are still hiccups in the systems and I a