yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2415
用戶失蹤天數 1762
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-7 03:06 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
GWI executives yesterday inked contracts with contractor Jagnahan for the installation of transmission and distribution systems, and for the replacement of deteriorated mains in the Linden community, as part of the US$12.3 million Linden Water Supply Rehabilitation Programme (LWSRP).The contracts were signed in the Linden Enterprise Network on Republic Avenue, Linden.According to Chief Executive Officer of GWI,Cheap Jerseys Supply, Nigel Niles, Lot One of this phase has to do with the replacement of deteriorated mains and installation of new mains in Wisroc, Canvas City, and other parts of Wismar.Lot Two involves the installation of mains in Fairs Rust, Central Mackenzie and Amelia’s Ward– both the old and new housing schemes.Niles said that the Linden Water Supply Rehabilitation Programme was jointly funded by a loan from the IDB, and the Government of Guyana, and that it is scheduled to be executed within a five-year period. “It was signed in 2011 and we’ve already passed just over a year, and now we are at a stage where the major works are being awarded and now scheduled to be executed.He added that there were three components of the programme with the first being the construction of two new state of the art water treatment plants.These plants will be located at Amelia’s Ward, close to the existing water treatment plant, and at Wisroc, also close to the existing Plant there, Niles said.He added that the new Plants are designed to treat and supply water at a minimum pressure of five metres and of a quality acceptable to WHO standards.According to Niles, the reason for the intervention is because of the existence of five deteriorating water treatment plants in Linden.Niles said that some of the Plants were established since the 1930’s and 1950’s,Cheap Jerseys, and thus it was time for their rehabilitation and replacement.Subsequent to a ‘master plan’ done by a consultant of the Inter American Development Bank, it was recommended that two new plants replace the existing infrastructure, he pointed out.The construction of the new facilities will most likely commence at the latter part of 2012, Niles added.Director of Capital Investment and Planning, Ramchand Jailal, said that the rehabilitation of the water supply system is expected to significantly enhance the quality of life in Linden.He outlined works to be executed by GWI over the next five years. These include the construction of the two new water treatment facilities at Amelia’s Ward and Wisroc, as well as booster stations, reservoirs and the installation of new transmission mains, and rehabilitation of the distribution system.The new treatment facilities and upgrade of the distribution system will ensure an improved water quality as well as higher standard of service, Jailal said.“We are aware that the current system is not adequate due to its age and the growth of the town over the years, but when the new Plants are operational, customers will enjoy a higher standard of treated water,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Authentic,” he added,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, noting that the new Plants are designed to deliver water quality that fulfills World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.Jailal also noted that the programme will encompass a large public education and community outreach component, as the success of LWSRP also depends on the willingness of Linden residents to partner with GWI on water conservation and protecting freshwater resources, and maintaining safe household water supply.For customers to enjoy higher levels of service, they must avoid wastage, he emphasizedAs regards the protection of fresh water resources, Jailall said that the Wisroc water treatment plant will be utilizing water from the Dakoura Creek, hence Lindeners must protect the creek and its watershed from pollution, by avoiding activities such as mining and forestry and the dumping of garbage in or around the creek.Jailal said that while the new facilities will provide an improved level of safe potable water, contamination can still occur if customers are reluctant to adopt safe habits, such as storing water in covered containers and consistently cleaning receptacles.The GWI initiative was applauded by Lindeners, including Vice Chairman Byron Lewis, and Chairman of LUSCSL,cheap nfl jerseys online, Valerie Adams-Patterson.

無頭像
hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2403
用戶失蹤天數 1879
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-7 14:39 
Chief Executive Officer of telecommunications giant, the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GT&T),GT&T CEO, Radha Krishna SharmaRadha Krishna Sharma has resigned.Sharma tendered his resignation yesterday and it will be effective from June 18. According to a release from the company, Sharma resigned to take a hiatus from the corporate world and explore other interests.“My experience with GT&T has been not only exciting and challenging but one of personal growth and development,” said Sharma.Sharma had held the position over the last two years. Reflecting that he has over the years been functioning in high level jobs in several corporations, Sharma said,Cheap China NFL Jerseys, “At this point in my career, I would like to take a hiatus from the corporate world and explore other interests.”Resultantly, the telecommunications giant has named its Chief Financial Officer (CFO),Cheap Jerseys From China, Justin Nedd, as its Interim Chief Executive Officer. Nedd, the company said, has served as CFO since 2013 and has an extensive background in finance,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, administration, and information technology – including previous roles in GT&T.The company said that he would be replacing Sharma.The GT&T Board commented,Cheap NFL Jerseys, “Over the last two years, Justin has made a strong mark and earned the trust and support of his colleagues. He rapidly assumed significant responsibilities and has shown an ability to get things done.”The company expressed confidence in Nedd’s capabilities in taking it forward. “The company benefittedChief Financial Officer (CFO), Justin Neddgreatly from Mr. Sharma’s leadership,Cheap NFL Jerseys China,” GT&T said as they thanked him for his contributions during a period of “organizational transformation.”According to the release, Nedd said, “I am thrilled to take on this expanded role at a truly exciting time at GT&T. We are innovating for customers across all aspects of the business, and we intend to lead the way in a new, more competitive environment.”Sharma will continue to serve as CEO through the middle of June and will assist with the transition, the company said.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2415
用戶失蹤天數 1762
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-7 22:55 
“When we build our communities, the next generation benefits immediately, since there is a paved future for all. I want to make my little contribution; I want to make a difference.”Ouditnarine TejpertabBy Leon SuseranThis week we feature a young man—in his 30s—who is tangibly making a difference, using his life to touch others; a young man who sacrifices a chunk of his small salary to treat kids at the New Amsterdam Hospital every month, making others happy— because that’s what he loves. And to highlight his special qualities even more, he came from a poor, humble family.Ouditnarine Tejpertab is well known in his area of Port Mourant as a community-minded servant, a leader, and one from whom many seek advice. To the youths, he is a vibrant role model.‘Tej’ as he is popularly called, did not have it easy as a young boy. He lost his father at the tender age of two. Later,Wholesale Jerseys Online, in his teenage years, he had to ‘step up to the plate’ as they say, and help with providing for his sister, mom and himself. He obviously has no recollection of his father – not even a photographic image – since he stated that it was very expensive in those days to take pictures.“It was tough on my mom because it was her alone and there was not help coming from anywhere else, but she did stuff to make ends meet—made crushed ice, sugar cakes,Authentic Jerseys Cheap, etc., and sold by the street corners for many, many years.”‘Tej’ recalled the days when they would “walk the entire Port Mourant market area” in an effort to sell their products.“We would make icicles and put it in our neighbour’s fridge and pay a small fee and sell it in the afternoons—walking and selling. This money was what my mom would use to prepare snacks for school. I also took an evening course from GuySuCo in Domestic Electrical Installation. I was able to pay for this course from funds garnered from selling icicles and sugar cakes.”‘Tej’ recounted that he sold on the streets and in the market for 16 years, from the age of thirteen. “I was 29 years old when I used to take buckets and bags and go in the market and walk and sell”, he stated.Because of further financial difficulties in the home, he could not sit all nine subjects for CXC which he had wanted to do. He sat five subjects while attending Lower Corentyne Secondary.Spending time with children at the Port Mourant Nursery SchoolAfter CXC, there were no jobs, so he applied to the Port Mourant Neighbourhood Democratic Council in 1998 for a job as a Clerk of Market. After a year, he also did work with the Guyana Elections Commission and Electoral Assistance Bureau (EAB). In that same year, 1999, he began what would be a long journey as Administrative Assistant of the Cyril Potter College of Education (CPCE), Rose Hall Branch.Three years later, in 2002, he was an Enumerator of the Bureau of Statistics for the 2002 census and became a Rural Constable for the Guyana Elections Commission in 2006.He was contracted with the Ministry of Home Affairs in 2011 – in the Citizens’ Security Programme – as a Community Action Officer with the Port Mourant Action Council and was involved with many workshops concerned with domestic violence, intimate partner violence, child abuse, youth violence prevention, etc.‘Tej’ was also involved in what was known as the Rapid Impact Project which saw him going into the communities across Corentyne “and mingling with the people”.“Through this, I was able to listen to their concerns and assist them with their needs, such as developing sports grounds and doing community projects…building a relationship with people…There were times when elderly people would call me and ask me for advice to talk to their children, etc.”He also worked with the Corentyne Outreach Centre in Letter Kenny, assisting an overseas- based Guyanese from 2009-2010, as Assistant Director. This venture, the Saturday Kids Place Programme,NFL Jerseys China Wholesale, catered for children from the community?to receive skills-training. Through this exercise, ‘Tej’ was able to access funding and donations from benevolent organizations, which he would ensure go to the less fortunate and elderly.In 2010, he joined ‘Celebration of Hope’. This group touched many lives not only in Berbice, but also in Linden and other locations, “sharing shoes and boots, bags, pencils, etc., to children”.Presently, he is Secretary of the Cyril Potter College of Education. At the moment too, he is also involved with the New Jersey Arya Samaj Humanitarian Mission at Ankerville, Port Mourant. He is the Secretary for the Guyana Chapter of the organization and is overseeing the construction of homes for the less fortunate and vulnerable in society.He then discussed his special gift—to lead.“As a boy growing up, I always wanted to see myself lead—t

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2415
用戶失蹤天數 1762
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-8 01:48 
Principal Magistrate Melissa Robertson-Ogle yesterday remanded a Cummings Lodge man to prison after he was charged with harbouring a wanted man.The accused,NFL Jerseys China, 32-year-old Sheldon Williams, made his appearance at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court to have the charge read to him.It is alleged that on June 15, at 74 Seventh Field Cummings Lodge, he harboured Mark Royden Williams, called Royden Durant or ‘Smiley’ whose photograph had been publicly published and displayed by the Guyana Police Force as a wanted person in connection with the commission of murders at Lusignan and several other places. To the charge the accused pleaded not guilty.Williams, a minibus driver,cheap jerseys, was represented by defense counsel Roger Yearwood, who in a bail application for his client told the court that his client is a cousin of wanted man Royden Durant.He added that on the day of the arrest, his client went to 74 Seventh Field,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Cummings Lodge, to visit his grandmother who is currently visiting from the United States.According to Yearwood, his client is no flight risk to the court and if released on bail he would attend court for his trial.However,Dallas Thomas Dolphins Jersey, Police Prosecutor Sherwin Matthews,Jerseys NFL Cheap, citing the nature of the charge, asked that bail be refused. He said that the accused knew that the person at the house was a wanted person, since a wanted bulletin was issued for Durant since last week. Matthews added that further investigations are ongoing.Williams was remanded and will make his next court appearance at the Sparendaam Magistrate’s Court some time later today.