hunikieSuv

帖子 21821
註冊 2017-9-26
用戶註冊天數 2470
用戶失蹤天數 1946
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-8 08:26 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– agrees to finance 100 laptops for GECOMCanada has repeated calls for Guyana to seriously consider recommendations which will guarantee political parties more equitable access to media and financing.High Commissioner, Dr. Nicole Giles, yesterday, also pushed for adherence to timely and standardized procedures for the electoral process and the improvement of communications between stakeholders, in particular with the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM).The diplomat made the call shortly before signing an agreement which will see the Canadian Government paying for 100 laptops for GECOM’s use for elections.Giles, during the ceremony at GECOM’s Kingston headquarters on High Street, noted that Guyana has made significant strides in elections management as noted in the 2011 elections reports.Recommendations were made by the Organization of American States (OAS) Electoral Mission and the Commonwealth Secretariat final report, which noted areas of improvement to make subsequent elections more efficient and fair.“We hope that the provision of laptops to GECOM will help with implementation of these recommendations.”The High Commissioner echoed earlier statements of Canada, the US, UK and the European Union that free, fair and peaceful elections play a critical role in every democracy.“It is through elections that citizens choose their government and have their voices heard. There is strong correlation between free, fair and peaceful elections and the progressive development of a country. The work undertaken by independent election commissions is crucial.”She said that Canada has a high level of confidence in GECOM’s ability to deliver credible elections. The money for the laptops will be coming from Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).The envoy said her country is promoting freedom,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, democracy, human rights and the rule of law by strengthening the professionalism and accountability of public institutions – including elections management bodies. This project, she emphasised,Wholesale China Jerseys, will also help GECOM to be even more transparent and responsive to the needs of the electorate.“There is an equally important role that the citizens of Guyana play in this electoral process. Voting is a right, a duty and an opportunity, for all Guyanese. The right to vote is the most significant representation of a citizen’s participation in the governance of their country. Canada is hopeful that the upcoming electoral process will allow the Guyanese people to debate the important issues that are facing the country.”Also addressing invitees, Chief Election Officer Keith Lowenfield insisted that elections have come a far way in Guyana.He said that while the laptops will be utilized at polling places on election day by staffers, they do not represent a paradigm shift in GECOM’s operation. He duly recognised that the donation was timely and would definitely help in improving capability and efficiency.GECOM’s Chairman, Dr. Steve Surujbally also noted the timeliness of the donation. “With the bell rung and Guyana in the homestretch of elections, the Canadian initiative can be seen as one that speaks of trust…trust in GECOM’s capacity to effectively manage elections.”Dr. Surujbally however bemoaned the fact that criticisms have been raised of GECOM’s methods.Admitting that GECOM still has a far way to go, he said that it makes it harder if there is distrust at home. GECOM remains very much available to answer questions,Wholesale Cheap Jerseys, he stressed.He also said that GECOM has the capacity and has reached the stage where it can apply for certification to manage elections of international standards. He believes that the days of turbulence are over,Cheap MLS Jerseys, with the upcoming elections being a watershed occasion for Guyana. The GECOM Chairman also asked Guyana to “trust” and “walk” with the body,Cheap Soccer Jerseys, as it has no agenda except the truth.

無頭像
yueyrt1Hft

帖子 24258
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2483
用戶失蹤天數 1830
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-8 08:35 
An 18-year-old man of Bellevue,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, West Bank Demerara, who claims he was drugged and viciously raped by at least 10 men, is currently a patient at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC).The teen alleges that he was sodomized by one of his friends on Old Year’s Night in a house at Vreed en Hoop, West Coast Demerara. He told relatives that it was the same friend who organized the gang-rape.The man was first rushed to the West Demerara Regional Hospital two Fridays ago after complaining of severe abdominal pain and anal bleeding. He was subsequently transferred to the GPHC on Wednesday night last.A medical examination performed by doctors at the GPHC confirmed that the teenager was raped repeatedly.The medical report was submitted to the police in ‘D’ Division, who are currently conducting their investigation.This newspaper was told that the teen’s friend is in police custody.According to information received, at around 16:00 hrs on December 31, last, the teen left his home to attend an Old Year’s Night party with the friend.The teen’s mother told this publication yesterday that her son did not return home later that night.“The next day (New Year’s Day) about five o’clock in the afternoon (17:00 hrs) I get a call from my son’s friend. He said that my son would sleep by him the night and come home the next day (Friday,http://www.theworldsoccersshop.com/Belgium-Thomas-Vermaelen-Jersey.html, January 2nd) and I said that was okay,” the mother said.She further added that later that night (New Year’s), she received another call from her son’s friend.“He call and tell me that he sending my son in a taxi, but my son reach home till around 11 o’clock (23:00hrs) that night. He came with a car and as soon as the car stop, he run out,” the mother of nine said.“My son was in a terrible condition. He was scared for his life; he was nervous, his body was trembling, and I could see he was in pain.According to the devastated mother,China Jerseys Wholesale, at that point she did not question the teen much,CHeap NFL Jerseys China, since he was in too much discomfort.She said that he later asked to use the washroom.“I hold him up, but he couldn’t defecate. He was just shaking and he was crying out for belly pain. When he wiped himself, there was a lot of blood on the tissue and I hold him up and put him to lie down on a bed.”The mother said that when she questioned her son, he related the dreadful news to her.“He said that his friend jook him with a needle and he and about nine other men rape him in a house. He said that blood spray up on the sheet,Cheap Soccer Jerseys Wholesale, and the boys dem take off the sheet and hide it.”She said that the teenager’s arm was swollen which seemed to indicate that he had indeed been injected.Almost in tears, the woman said that her son told her that the men then locked him in the house and later went back for him.“He said that the boys took him somewhere and they were going to shoot him, but a lady see and shout, and tell him to run. He run and jump in a taxi and the car bring him home,” the mother said.At present, the teen cannot speak or eat.“He keeps calling his friend’s name all the time. The one that he say raped him.”Investigations are ongoing.